Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle4 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Hades_

I got a puzzle 4 clue in a bottle! It said "Audio Required" when I popped the cork!
nice finding
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Dragonfire wrote:
Something more clicky. Morse, maybe???

I.. where did you get this from? o.O
To me the audio sounds like the Mondoshawans (The Fifth Element), if that makes sense?

Here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHZnGxBWXA
Dragonfire Moderator

Playing around with Audacity! Shortened the track to the segment with the robots only, removed the voice overlay and toned down the background music as best as I could, and what was left behind was a series of clicks that accompanied each robot utterance. (Plus, y'know, miscellaneous sword swings and such.)

I... take it that that was maybe not the right tack, going by your reaction, ahahah.
Try reversing the audio. Its a common thing to do when putting "secret messages" in recordings and music.
Quote:
You pull the cork out of the Message in a Bottle and gently fish the paper out of it. Unrolling it, you see that it reads:

Puzzle 4: The robots speak in a well known code

Now you have an empty bottle, too!
... ..- .--. I think is the beginning. Ive been trying to listen being half deaf and now I just notice I can almost read the morse in the wave form. It might take a minute to get it right since its hard to see in some places.
Dragonfire Moderator

Noone wrote:
Try reversing the audio. Its a common thing to do when putting "secret messages" in recordings and music.
That was the first thing I tried, along with adjusting the playback speed and pitch. :) Didn't get anything intelligible, though.

A 'well-known code', huh...? Hrrm. Audio, obvs. So there's Morse Code, and... what other sorts of audio codes are there?
If you guys have a nice-ish sounding file (which I can’t determine myself, as I can’t download anything at the moment), you could try this. Don’t know how well it will work, given the circumstances, but it’s worth a shot, yeah?
Lol worth a shot but the decoder didnt work so back to winging it.

So far I have something along the lines of S U P E R C R D I T

but I might have a few letters off so far Im only certain it starts with "SUPER"
Ilmarinen Moderator

Amazing work on this! I will see if I can get audio running!
Ilmarinen Moderator

Oof, I am so, so, so bad at processing audio. XD I'm one of those folks who needs subtitles all the time ...
Dragonfire Moderator

Meeee too. Le sigh!

I did try that decoder earlier! Unfortunately, it's hard to get the file to both a point where it can be easily 'read' by the decoder, and also match up the time signature right. I think that site's meant to read Morse that's a little faster than the sorts of audio codes we've gotten like this in the past. (Which, I mean, is good, 'cause none of us are professional Morse-senders, LOL.)
Ilmarinen Moderator

Slowing it down even more may help, but eventually it'll get too hard to distinguish! And yeah, the waveform is just all over the place.
Ilmarinen Moderator

But Noone coming up with "SUPER---" is very helpful.
I cant figure out if the letters are differentiated by tone or spacing
Ilmarinen Moderator

It's usually spacing! Once the Morse gets overlaid with the voices, it gets extra hard for me to distinguish. I did confirm SUP_R! I feel like I hear a few beeps between P and R, so I dunno for sure if it's an E, but E does make the most sense.
Ilmarinen Moderator

I'm pretty sure I'm hearing ... at the end
Ilmarinen Moderator

Right now I'm getting "SUPRCRIWS." Could be way, WAY off. Now, I'm not sure if we'll get something that's in English, or if it'll be gibberish--so all of these are worth trying when the way is clear.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle4 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus