Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle4 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

TheNightmareSavage wrote:
Weird idea, but ignore it if someone else came up with this: Star Wars by chance?

I thought so too, I thought Clue 2 would've been a reference to R2-D2 and 3-CPO.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Brilliant, Nova! Let me drop a message in the warrior chat for people to keep their eyes open. The robots may say something when they attack!
Ilmarinen Moderator

The only two ones I've seen so far that might help are these two:
Sword Automaton gets a call mid fight. A mayor has invited it to attend a ribbon go, and it must attend! Sword Automaton is too distracted by the prospect to fight this round.
Sword Automaton is distracted from the fight by an overwhelming urge to pop balloons. OH NO! Sword Automaton is SO GOOD at popping balloons!
Great7

Does anyone understand what she meant by welcome wagon?
Ilmarinen Moderator

Not 100% sure! My current theory is that it refers to the labyrinth guardians that close in on our heroes in the video. :)
Bottle message:

Puzzle 4: Audio required.
Ilmarinen Moderator

That is GREAT to know.
Dragonfire Moderator

Dragonfire Moderator

*fires up Audacity again*
Ilmarinen Moderator

So, the first two clues: do we think those have any further bearing on the answer?
Ilmarinen Moderator

Or are those just telling us where to look? (Or, where to listen, as the case may be!)
Dragonfire Moderator

I think they're just pointing us towards what to listen for. "More than we bargained for", ie, 'something gonna impede our progress', and "the droids etc etc" for 'the robots in particular'.
Ilmarinen Moderator

That's what it feels like to me, to,
Ilmarinen Moderator

too*
Well the fact is that our 2 heroes are heavily outnumbered, between the scorpions and the droids... they did get more than they bargained for just to start with

The wagon is the interesting clue
Ilmarinen Moderator

Yeah, exactly! :D
Ilmarinen Moderator

I'm gonna come back to this in a little bit!
Hmmm...

I've tried to speed up and slow down the robots, but I can't hear anything.
I just got a hint from the messages in a bottle, though someone may have already brought it up.

"Remember, symbols marked as "Puzzle" mean the final answer is going to relate to something hidden in the event itself, such as the comics and videos. Let the clues lead your investigation through Epic Week, don't get stuck trying to work with only the clues themselves on the page!"
Dragonfire Moderator

I turned tack from trying to make anything out of the robotic 'voice' - it's really hard to erase all of the noise that it takes to get that sort of result. However, in my experiments, I did manage to isolate something more interesting:

Something more clicky. Morse, maybe???

Unfortunately, I'm kind of garbage at puzzling through Morse sounds myself; the first couple of beats 'sound' like "A", but that's as far as I can get without my brain losing track of the thumps. Can anyone take a listen and see if they can make dots and dashes of it?

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle4 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus