Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Good," she says, completely oblivious to the assumptions being made around her, mostly assuming people's reactions are from intimidation. She takes a look at the number on the key and leads the way to the room, the natural sway of her hips probably not helping anything later.

Once they get to the room, she says, "You have questions about what's going on, so ask. Not going to lie, I could use a guide, so if I can get you to cooperate that would be helpful."
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

Neo would wake up,in a forest he never noticed before.He remembers the message,clear as day,and he saw the shard of the vase,right next to him.He would pick it up,then slowly get up."Man,I already have people coming after my arm,now I have people coming after the shard.He would look at his demonic hand,then said,"I know I'm going to regret this."He would slowly scrape the sharp end of the shard against his hand,blood leaking out of his hand.The shard started glowing a bright orange,and the first thing he thought of was a small earthquake he had at home.Then the ground started to shake,the earth cracking.Then as quickly it started it stopped."So that whats you do...better not let you get in the wrong hands."My demonic arm would glow and the shard would disappear.I then picked up the disk,the bag of gold,and started walking.

After a while,Neo found a village,and he was thankful for that.He was walking through the forest with on sense of direction.As he near the village,he realized he forgotten one thing.The medical cast that was supposed to hide his demonic arm."Great,just great.",He would said disapprovingly."Well,let's hope the people don't freak out...",He said as he neared the village.As he got closer,the arm underside and crack started to glow."The hell..."There's only one reason on why the arm would,there's a magical item in the village.(I'm going to post a picture of the arm so every will know how it looks like)
Your text to link here...
Jules came walking out of the village. She made sure no one was following her from behind and smiles. "I can finally be me!" She puts her hands up to undo her pig tails and flips her hair almost in slow motion. She then runs her hand through her hair. As her horns grow through. When she smiles her fangs showed almost shining in the sun. Next came her demonic wings. She was about to take flight whe. She noticed a man with an interesting arm.

Her eyes widen. A mixture of fascinating from seeing his arm and fear from him seeing her true form filled inside her. "Oh.. uh... cool arm." She says as she rubs the back of her neck. Her wings rest to her side a little timidly. She smiles awkwardly.

Neo would zone out,at least until he heard the voice.He looked up and saw a woman with wings on her side.His arm only glowed bright,which meant that either she was a demon or she has a shard of the vase.Neo would say coldly,"You a demon?"He summon two short-swords,one blue and one red.However,one thing looked weird,and it was that the swords had heads.Then the blue sword head started to speak."Look brother,a demon .""I see that brother,but it looks like Neo doesn't trust her,at all.",said the red sword.The blue sword looked like it was in a tornado,while the red looked like it was constantly set on fire.
Your text to link here...
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Dante, please note that the shard is not forced upon the characters with the messages. The message is given to them because they hold one of the shards already, (or in the case of Vee's it had been left where the shard had been waiting for a while, but that was something we'd discussed ahead of time).

If the fluffy folk in orbit could move the shards like that, they would have just locked them away where Victi couldn't reach them.

If you meant that he'd already had it, that's fine, it's just mot super clear. '^v^ (curious about how he acquired it, but whatever)
oh sorry
She blinks to reveal her black eyes then blinks once more to her normal green. "I should've just flown away if I knew youd greet me like that... Though what did I expect? I should be used to it by now." She places her hands up lazily. "Yeah, I'm a demon. Why do you ask?" She tilts her head. "Trying to kill me?" She says with no emotion then snickers. "I have been trying to kill me for centuries! Looks like I'm cursed to stay here to be thought of as nothing more than a monster." She rolls her eyes.

"Unrelated note, your swords are extremely cool! They talk and understand huh?" She stops herself. "Sorry... I will just go. Be careful in that town though." She states as she stretches her wings about to leave.

"Don't go,it it's been a while since Neo talked to anyone!",said the red sword."Neo,not threaten her,she sounds she going though something similar like you...",said the blue sword.Neo would then calm down,slowly."Ok,Agni and Rudra."In a blue flash,the swords would disappear."Yeah, sorry about that,the arm kind of glow whenever I'm near something mystical."He would walk up to you,and stick his human out out."1 sorry,I tend to get defensive.Name's Neo."
Vee (played by Alien_Princess)

Vee sat before their mother, a generic term for one who had given birth without the gender attachments that other races committed the term to. On the mud like ground they looked down hanging their head in a shameful portrayal. Nie, Vee's mother, sat staring hard back at them, one vae of theirs making physical gestures of communication with Vee's in between them.

"All children leave, but you are so young. And to leave the forest? This is a fool's errand! You do not even know who owns this shard!" their mother had silently communicated to them through the use of their vae's physical contact.

"I must! To protect the village. If this sorceress comes here it could mean the end of us all...." Vee had responded non-defiantly, yet standing their ground.

"Then we will send council members to cast the shard from the forest, if it is not here, this sorceress will never arrive.

"That will not stop them!" Vee responded desperately, "When they are finished with the barelands they will come here. Our forest will be gone, our lakes will be dry."

The vae stopped their movements, and Nie's vae released Vee's and stepped back. The small creatures stared at each other in a similar manner to the way Vee and their mother did, and several long moments passed as Nie realized the truth.

"Cannot stop me mother," Vee said aloud, and there it was. The painful truth hidden deep in the recesses of Nie's mind they didn't want to believe. "Please....understand...."

Nie's vae turned around and walked the short distance to where the unseeably pregnant Vynym sat, and stood only a few inches from them looking up at them, and Nie returned a look down to the vae. Vee and their vae watched as Nie reached down and gently picked up the their vae, gripping them around their entire body like a small toy, arms and all. Nie pulled the vae up to their mouth and with a ghastly crunch, bit the vae in half, beginning the chew the upper half as the golden brown blood of the poor creature squirted from the limp remaining lower half. Vee watched silently in what was not an abnormal sight, despite how grotesque another being might find it.

They hadn't finished off the first half when they stuffed the legs of the former vae into their mouth, crunching them down with their hardened ridge like gum line. As the munched on their own vae, Nie stood to their feet, turning around in the mud and grass like dwelling and walking to a small door which presented like a cabinet stuffed in the wall.

"If must go...you will take," Nie said softly, opening said cabinet and reaching inside. Vee stood up curiously and for the first moment since their conversation began, their vae wings twitched in anticipation. Nie turned around with a single small dagger stuffed into a leather sheath, a beltline looped beneath it. It was far from a glorious weapon, in fact any self respecting warrior would have discarded it long ago in favor of something less aged.

Vee watched as their mother walked over to them, reaching around them with the belt loop and attaching it to Vee beneath their leafy appendages attatched around the waist area. It was completely hidden on them underneath their own anatomy, it was nearly impossible for even the keenest eye to detect its presence.

Nie grabbed the dagger and drew it out, holding it up in front of Vee as they marveled at it with their mouth agape.

"I find 200 years ago I think. If must go, take. It keep you alive," Nie instructed their child. Vee reached slowly out to grab the child of the dagger from their mother, investigating the piece carefully a moment as they did before tucking it away in the sheath and facing their mother again.

Once faced with what seemed like the last time they would see their child, Nie grabbed Vee's face and pulled them closer, reaching their face around to the side of their head and nuzzling into their hair to find their ear. Once they had they took Vee's ear in their mouth and bit it firmly in what they Vynym viewed as a loving interaction between family and the closest of friends. Vee opened their arms and held their mother by the waist, allowing the transaction and then searching for their mothers ear to return the gesture.

The pair retreated after words, and Nie watched with longing eyes as Vee turned and made their way out the door.

Vee did not say goodbye to anyone else. Kae knew they were leaving, and would certainly pass the word along later. Certainly they were most likely busy anyway. As soon as the pair had returned they called on the village elders to inform them of their discovery. The curiosity of the find of ruins nearby that never had been stumbled upon before caused an extreme stir among not only the elders, but the entire village. The discussions quickly led to study and exploration of the area in the Hope's of learning more about what the ruins might represent. It was very unlikely they would meet those who created them as old as they had looked, but the discussion of that possibility was very present in the excitement. After all, their own race lived in excess of 900 years, who was to say they weren't still around?

Vee hoped Kae kept their vae still (kept their mouth shut) as they had promised about the sorceress. The village didnt need the worry about the possibility of such a powerful being walking in on them. While Kae wasn't sure if that was the right course of action, they had agreed to not mention that little fact when Vee offered the bag of gold in exchange.

So Vee left their village alone, and ignorant to what it was they were doing with the exception of their mother. With a dagger hidden on their hip, the holodisc held to their back with a durable sash, and the shard in hand, they proceeded unquestioned out of the village, and onto possibly the greatest adventure of any Vynym's life.
So do you guys have any idea where the mythical forest is in relation to, say, anywhere else? I'm just curious when I reach the point Vee enters, as they call it, the barelands, where they might end up or who they might meet first. Do you think a village would be setup near the forest due to curious adventurers entering it, or do you think society would intentionally keep its distance?

I could see there being a few villages and/or outposts along the edge of the territory, a) to service the adventurers and get what coin they can out of them before the rest is lost to the woods, and b) to make sure that if anything serious comes out of there (600 manticore riding tribesmen or something? I dunno what they're expecting X>) they can maybe drive it back or delay it or.... something. If there are outposts, they're probably used as an excuse to station unliked people far away from everyone else. (giggles)
She giggles slightly at the red swords comment. "I understand. The names Jules." She places her delicate looking hand in his. It was surprisingly a firm handshake from her. "Its nice to meet you Neo. I take it that hand of yours gets you in some trouble. Similar to my... well whole appearance more or less." She knits her brows for a moment then smiles. "That hand of yours is fascinating! It detects magic?" She thinks for a moment. "Wait a minute, are you looking for some kind of magic in particular? Maybe I can help you out?" She smiles hoping he doesnt straight out turn her down.
Alright...personally I feel like something coming out of the forest would be kind of shocking, fascinating, and possibly concerning for these outposts considering the nature of the forest (or at least the perception of it's nature). I feel some would consider something like Vee walking out interesting and want to learn more about it like a unicorn while others think they could be dangerous and maybe want to just kill it out of fear before it summons 600 manticore riding tribesmen or something (returns giggle hah). Thoughts?

"Actually,I was just look for a place to rest,and to answer your question about the arm,yes,it could sense magical creatures or objects."The arm would stop glowing,and Neo then grabbed it, taking a deep breath."I know the arm will get me in trouble,so I try to hide it,but I lost the cast I keep it in.But the damn thing keeps getting me in trouble just because it can."Neo would think about something for a moment,then shook his head."Yeah,if you could help me find the other shards of the vase, and please don't lie about you have one of the shards,the arm knows,and will keep glowing until you fess up."The arm would then glow again,but a bit brighter."Great...just great..."

I agree fully! If you'd like me to run whoever you meet and keep you on your toes a little, I can, or if you're happy to run them in your posts and handle it all more quickly and smoothly, that works too!
That's your call really. I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself, but having you running them actually sounds like fun. I've probably Rp'd with myself long enough anyway XD

Sure! I've had some practise running confused and disgruntled soldiers. (giggles)
Soldiers? Uh oh.....RIP Vee's innocence XD (or RIP Vee depending on the soldiers lol)

I get the feeling they may mostly just be confused. We'll see how it plays out!
I might be good for an exiting post today depending how things turn out IRL....I cant promise it though sadly. Work you know...

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus