Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

I wonder...is now a good time to see what happens to Isabella when she gets portaled/teleported places?

(OK Avi I promise I have to go now but all of the sudden I’m getting more bad ideas.))
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Dazzy, I think you just like making evil chaos. (giggles)

And yesh! Do your stuff! >v< Life comes first is rule 1! gogogogogogogogo!
The

Maybe we should just teleport away... but the most likely place Ren would think of on the spot where guards definitely would not follow is her cave-matrix thing. On the plus side, it would give Isabella time to sort out... whatever happens after teleporting in somewhat private. On the down side, we are much further from our goal of the library. But if we teleported into the city I feel like some guards might search for us... and Isabella’s problem would have to be dealt with in the open.

Once I've discussed some things with Vol, I'll talk to you. Like I said, there are a lot of moving parts swinging around.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

At the gate

Geoff's had put on a pair of glasses just before the inquisitor had arrived, spectacles which helped make magic semi-visible to normal vision. Looking in the general direction of Isabella's book, he had assumed from what she had said about her parents that it was a) a hereditary relic and b) the reason for their coming to the grand library. He had been just about to tell the inquisitor that when the fairy and then the girl pulled out.... very quiet artifacts, but obviously blood magic when shown so plainly. His eyes widened and he stumbled back, with a quiet, "woah, okay, that's not good," visibly unnerved.

The inquisitor who had arrived raised an eyebrow and smiled slightly. He couldn't sense the magic on them, that was not his skill particularly, but he knew what they were. The High Inquisitor's carriage had arrived earlier in the day with a (very, very) strange girl carrying a similar object. He and his brethren had been informed of what it was, and now what should come before him but another pair of these objects. More blood mages.

"You will give me those pottery fragments, the amulet, and the spellbook at once before submitting yourselves to holy sanctions of arrest," the inquisitor declares, withdrawing a holy symbol from one of the pouches on his belt, "You will then be transported to detention at the Hall of the Inquisition. Any resistance will be met with magical binding or lethal force, as you both now stand accused of blood magic and consorting with evil. You will be tried fairly by divination and truth-seeking enchantments, overseen by a justice approved by the church, and also overseen by High Inquisitor Thalia once she has returned from her current errands. Do you understand?"

The guards nearby began to move to surround them, polearms readied. Geoff, for his part, seems sad and a little worried for them, but says, "Hey, if you just found those things and aren't crazy blood mages, this will all be over quickly enough, in the good way, and you'll already be pretty much at the library. I'll vouch for you, too. Just go along with it for now and it should all be cool. We've just gotta be careful with blood magic here, it isn't just a 'misunderstood' magic like necromancy, and we had a nasty cult here in Telmarune a couple times before. Huge mess with those guys."
This rp is about to get really real really fast. I can go ahead and submit the roll on my next post if you like, though the transformation may not take effect that moment. Mostly since you requested it :)
The

Things were going so well...
I blame Nadia XD
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Ngl, I hope something explodes. Explosions are fun.

Oh, right. Vol, Avi says yes, please make the roll.

She also says I should get out of the OOC, but I can type with one hand and hold her face with the other, so I think I'll stick around.
I could bring Lyy in here to help manage you Victi 🤔 if Avi would prefer. (Of course shes hidden within someone else's character profile because shes generally too op to rp with sadly)

I'll post reaction and make a roll for it at the same time shortly :)

Let's not play the escalation game. Combat and posturing in the OOC would probably tick Avi off enough to risk her calling for divine intervention, and then we'd all be screwed.
Victi, please leave the OOC. I would like to preserve my clement mood rather than become irritable. Player Voldarian Empire, please do not introduce an entity which could require my personal attention to maintain order. I have other priorities.

Oops, uhhh... bye!

There we go...
It's all fun and games until divine intervention occurs :/
Isabella retracted her hand as the strange man seemed to start lecturing her, instructing her to hand over the artifacts and submit to arrest.

While the innate fear of being detained was strong, there was one thing that was stronger. Beating wildly into her subconscious was a panic at losing the Maleficis Mihi, and immediately she started stepping backwards.

Lucas stepped in front of her, immediately barking and growling at the man defiantly, clearly prepared to defend the group without fear.

"You can't have my book!" Isabella shouted wildly, "It's mine not yours and you can't have it!" she shouted, still stepping back and looking about at the now approaching army. The logic in her mind which told her attempting to keep the book would get her killed was easily drowned by the emotional demand to keep hold of it.

She would continue stepping backward slowly, her dog standing now intentionally between her and this wizard demanding she submit to him barking and growling wildly at him.
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 75.

Note: 1-50 no effect; 51-100 darkness activates

Essentially. I mean, it still can be if the intervention is her footing the bar tab, but that's a whole other thing. ~v^
That sounds like a wonderful rp....well let your divine run a taven and all take our most op character in there and get them slammed drunk and wait for the fun to spill out haha

Oh no. X> That would probably mostly be Water's fault, but it would be funny.

Anyway, things should get interesting IC in a second. I feel bad for the poor doggo, though. :(
Yeah I was pretty sure he was the first one that was going to go lol I'm still hoping Isabella doesnt die right away but I am not a big fan of hand waving personally....I'm sure the addition of Victi and Drake should really spice things up though.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus