Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Favorite Quote!

Rogue-Scribe

Everything someday will be gone except silence
- Paul Kantner and Marty Balin
It's...lonely. To be more powerful than any man you know and have to live like a shadow. To be special and have to pretend you're a fool.

-Merlin.
Two that I especially like in regards to storytelling. The second may not be pithy, but it is a lovely point.

"Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke.”

- Joss Whedon

"And the second thing fiction does is to build empathy. When you watch TV or see a film, you are looking at things happening to other people. Prose fiction is something you build up from 26 letters and a handful of punctuation marks, and you, and you alone, using your imagination, create a world and people it and look out through other eyes. You get to feel things, visit places and worlds you would never otherwise know. You learn that everyone else out there is a me, as well. You’re being someone else, and when you return to your own world, you’re going to be slightly changed."

- Neil Gaiman
It is indeed, a lovely point! :)
"It's still magic, even if you know how it's done." -Terry Pratchett

"Loving you was like going to war; I never came back the same."- Warsan Shire

"My alone feels so good, I'll only have you if you're sweeter than my solitude."- Warsan Shire (that one I feel so deep I could have written it myself)

"Always remember that the crowd that applauds your coronation is the same crowd that will applaud your beheading. People like a show."- Terry Pratchett

"That which yields is not always weak." - Jacqueline Carey

"Even a stunted tree reaches for sunlight."- Jacqueline Carey
“Why is it when something happens it’s always you three?”

-Professor Mcgonagall

ad2-min.png
"The only people for me are the mad ones: the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who... burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles."

-- Jack Kerouac
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest person you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Because you can never know when they might do something...incredibly...stupid." ~Captain Jack Sparrow
Subtleknifewielder wrote:
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest person you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Because you can never know when they might do something...incredibly...stupid." ~Captain Jack Sparrow

I love that quote. Jack Sparrow is just such a nut job who seems like he’s secretly a genius.
8_Stars_8 wrote:
Subtleknifewielder wrote:

I love that quote. Jack Sparrow is just such a nut job who seems like he’s secretly a genius.
I know, right? And he's full of little quips like that, too! Like in the third movie. "Four of you tried to kill me. One of you succeeded." And of course it is the last person you would expect after what we saw in the first movie. XD
“This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow.”

“Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.”

“Yer face is familiar, have I threatened you before?”

- Jack Sparrow

760586412.jpg
314735997.jpg
858228264.jpg
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life." - Jean Luc Picard

“I shall appoint you my executive officer, in charge of radishes.” - also Jean Luc Picard
A whole bunch of quotes from Moby Dick:

“...to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.”

"Yet there is hope. Time and tide flow wide."

"He saw God's foot upon the treadle of the loom, and spoke it; and therefore his shipmates called him mad. "
Rogue-Scribe

"I gave up drinking once -- it was the worst afternoon of my entire life."
- Humphrey Bogart

"I only got drunk once.... it lasted thirty years."
-Joe Walsh
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Out of the gin joints in all the world she walks into mine. Rick from Casablanca
“Though she be but little, she is fierce”
-Shakespeare
"I'm crazy, but I'm not stupid."
-Jackie Chan

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say I've lost my mind
I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design."

-The Greatest Showman (A Million Dreams)
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
-Jalal ad-Din Rumi
"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." ~Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride
"Maybe, the best things, the richest things, aren't suppose to come easily, and sometimes the moments that make the most sense happen when everything else doesn't."
~Juliet O'Hara
(Psych)

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Favorite Quote!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus