Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Art Raffle! 1st Prize Posted

OMG OMG! *squeals* I never dreamed that I would win. I already know which character desperately needs the art too.
Congrats everyone~
I'll definitely be lurking around to see the finished products!
Congrats to the winners :)
Congratz!
I'm so excited to see what it'll look like! ^_^ :D
Congrats to the winners!
Congrats guys :)
Hippofeathers Topic Starter

I'm going to life drawing tonight so I can flick that part of my brain in to gear and get started on these prizes ASAP.

UPDATE:

I got scared, and that set me back a week. Back on track now, and should be done soon.

The idea of the raffle was so I could try out some processes. Some worked, some didn't. I'd rather learn now then when money is involved.

UPDATE

1st Draw: Sketch + flat colour
Winner: Katia! Character

NUTTERMONKRAFFLE_RPR_July2013_1_Katia_Glaceia_v3anime_WATERMARKED20_zpsf23c3489.png

Any feedback? What price should I offer sketches as?
Note: It wasn't my intention to do Anime style for the purpose of the raffle, but it was insisted upon by client. I may offer anime-style, but not past this sketch level.

More coming soon.
*snuggles it* Sorry for the anime thing, but I just really see her in an anime form.

*is very happy with how it turned out.*

Its okay. If it's how you saw her its how you saw her. You helped me work out an issue early as I'm sure people will occassionally ask for anime. Working things out is why I held the raffle! :)
Great stuff! Anime isn't my thing, but you made it work pretty damn beautifully with your own style for this particular piece. Some anime are pretty visually complicated and realistic elsewhere even if the faces aren't, and you really got to take advantage of that. Using light linework to define the outermost contours certainly helped, with an effect most notable on the dress and hair.

I can't speak for the anime style specifically, but as someone who knows your other work, too, I think I can confidently say that I would be more than willing to shell out anything from $15-$35 for a sketch-and-flat of this quality and in your usual style (as can be seen on the first page of the raffle, folks, minus all the fancy paintywork!)

$15 would be for something like a basic portrait, I think, with $35 for a fullbody with a simple or only semi-complex costume. I'd be down with even hiking it up to $40 for someone who was really complex, detaily and Time-consuming to portray accurately, like my own character Edward.

I would like to note that I am approaching this blindly; I am not sure how long you spend on these on average, discounting warmup sessions beforehand, but I believe that that should factor in, as well.

EDIT: I am indicating prices in USD, by the way!
That is wonderful :) I agree with wizard on this, I'd shell out 15-30 for this :)
I would agree as well, tho you might want to start out with reduced prices for a little while so you can get some happy customers to use as references.
Katia wrote:
I would agree as well, tho you might want to start out with reduced prices for a little while so you can get some happy customers to use as references.

That's the point of the raffle. (;
Wizard wrote:
Katia wrote:

That's the point of the raffle. (;

I was thinking of a grand opening sale myself.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Art Raffle! 1st Prize Posted

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus