Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » ~ Character Showcase ~

Rogue-Scribe Topic Starter

I have to showcase Romy Eloise LaBlanc! Been writing, if rather slowly, the second prompt on her profile for some time now. Love the character, and the writer is quite good at bringing them to life!

King Haar the Fourth wrote:
If we're pointing out another's character, I'll go with Neriah. A red-haired ranger-artist. Very cool.

I figure I'll also post as this new king I worked up. I might link my characters into a kingdom around him. Maybe get a long term RP around it set.

Neriah is indeed a really cool character! Thanks for sharing!

Any more Characters to Showcase?
Deumeawyn

This is cool! I think I have already given Lavena kudos, but have to say that she was an inspiration for me creating Monique. :)

A few others I think are worthy are Aylssa Nicole Kennedy and her daughter Melissa Winona Ann Kennedy, Simeon Monticello, Steve Harrison, and the The Calloway Brothers. I will try and get kudos to you all soon!
((Deumeawyn, I'm glad you pulled this one back up!! And Shadow-Ranger, great topic! :) ))

A few great characters that I haven't mentioned before in similar threads, though certainly not an exhaustive list of all the great one I've RPed with or even just admired from afar over the last year and a half or so.
  • Countess Cornelia Bassi - This countess caught me by surprise with her bold ways. Don't pass up a chance to RP with her!
  • William Colby - Feels like he was plucked straight from the America of old. There’s not too many writers that evoke so much emotion that can make me laugh, then smile, and even maybe shed a tear.
  • Scuz Maggotmuncher - Who would have guessed that a GOBLIN would make my list?! A post from this character never fails to make me smile.
  • Assallya - A seductress elf with a knack for finding trouble.
  • Black Betty - Haven't gotten to RP with her yet, but definitely love the profile and she partially inspired one of my own characters.

Looks like I have some kudos to go write!
Bianca O'Connor (played anonymously)

Shadow-Ranger wrote:
This is for people to showcase other people's characters they admire, either from role playing with them or just reading their character pages. As the characters are publicly accessible by either the community showcase or by the ‘browse characters’ feature’ , there should be no privacy concerns.

To participate, Provide a url link and say why you like them! You can list as many as you want. Also, take the time to give the character kudos or make a guestbook entry!

My Showcase:

• Lavena ~ If there is a way to present a character that does erotic RP, this is the way to do it! The page is done nicely and the character story really is intriguing to me!
  • Monique Conture ~ This lovely character popped out at me on my notifications when my friend created her. Another quite intense dualist character personality! Worthy of reading her page and maybe start an RP with her!
  • Bianca O'Conner ~ A nicely presented bio with just enough information to be intriguing. I am curious about the story that brought her to life!
  • Laurelin Isilende ~ I love this character! I think we planned an RP last year but it never came to fruition. and the story set in Middle Earth is quite well done!
  • Aleksandra Annenkova ~ This is another case of an awesome page layout combined with a deep character story. Judging by the aquaintances, it must be quite an awesome tale being written.
  • Jocelyn McClure ~ What an awesome musician character! Had the fortune to write an RP with Jocelyn and it has been nothing but sweet joy. A well done page and excellent writing!
  • Alexandra Micah Salvant ~ A really good Police Officer character! Page is simple yet well-edited to use all the features of the widgets! Give their page a read!
  • Rhea Ceres ~ Wow! A beautiful backstory and a well laid out page that is easy to read! It was a pleasing find via the random site showcase!
  • Sara Cassidy ~ It is always good to find CIA Agents. Espionage is a fun and engaging RP genre, and Sara here has a nice backstory!
  • Candice Fontaine ~ This page is wonderfilly put together and it draws me in to want to know more of her life and her encounters! Beautiful character profile!
  • Madeleine Sabine Belmont ~ An awesome historical character with a beautiful and well thought out backstory! The page is nicely put together as well.
  • Arden Dallas ~ A nice character presented here with a simple page!
  • Dominique ~ brushed by Dominique in an attempted public high school RP. A great character story and I liked the way she was written in the RP. Unfortunately the RP was hijacked by chat-speak and the writers all abandoned it due to having to go through ten pages of chaff.
  • Cassandra Greenberg ~ The page design is pretty intense, but the backstory alone is worth every minute to read! I tip my hat to the creator of Cassandra!
  • Una Dubach ~ Came across Una in a character browse and really liked the backstory!
  • Kayla Lee ~ I took a look when I saw it on the community page and what a great story! I wish the story was available to read!
  • Romy Eloise LaBlanc - a really beautiful character portrait!
  • Amelia Walker ~ Saw Amelia on the community showcase and gave her page a read. Quite fascinating!
  • Miss Hyde - I love the depth of this witch!
  • Felicidad ~ I'm watching this one as I'm sure there will be mor edevelopment of this character. The artwork is lovely!

I reiterate that by giving the characters guestbook messages and/or kudos, it will alert the character owners of the interest in them! :)

I don't know how I missed this! Thank you so much for featuring my Bianca ❤
If at any time you think you want to start a story with B, just let me know, I've been dying to get something going with her again.

Everyone's characters are awesome, by the way! Such dedication and love put into each profile!
Deumeawyn

I was working on making new characters and so did a search on possible names I thought of using. I have to say I came across some really cool characters! So... I think I will start showcasing the character names here when I find some awesme ones!!
The showcased name for today is....

Deanna!

Deanna
Deanna Byrnes
Deanna Harris
Deanna Jones

Deumeawyn wrote:
I was working on making new characters and so did a search on possible names I thought of using. I have to say I came across some really cool characters! So... I think I will start showcasing the character names here when I find some awesme ones!!
The showcased name for today is....

Deanna!

Deanna
Deanna Byrnes
Deanna Harris
Deanna Jones

That is an interesting idea! I will try it...

The name I randomly chose is 'Raven' a name that a friend of mine who passed away last February went by in real life.

There were 233 characters on 8 pages that came up on the search that had the five-letter sequence of 'Raven' in them. I ruled out any that had it only as a part of a name (like 'Draven', but there were some really interesting characters with it as a partial). I also ruled out any without an icon, then randomly picked six. That was kind of fun!
Deumeawyn

Awesome! I wonder if this could be made into a game.

I picked the name Donald just because...

Donald Nikols A nice, if short, backstory and good bio and faceclaim. Will be fun to watch his development.

Kurt Donald Cobain A good depiction of one of my fav grunge rockers!

Not too many that caught my eye.

I’m just going to throw Malena Rosales up here as an example to give kudos to the anonymous creator of her and all the other wonderful anon characters I come across using that very same template/style! I love reading through the pages and there just way too many to give kudos to. Maybe I’ll try....
Deumeawyn

I had to give Ivory Elain Lyons kudos today. I just love the character layout! I've seen several anon characters using this same style and they all are really well done. Not mobile friendly, but looks grat in a computer!

I had to add Angela Dreaming to my showcase list while I was deleting some characters that had been themselves deleted. I'm browsing the character listing on the search to add a few more here.

Anyone else have either someone else's characters they want to showcase? One can also showcase their own anonymous characters as well.
I've never seen anyone put so much life and depth into a character before like Ljos. Playing with her is the highlight of any day, and her character profile alone is positively stunning!

The player has a habit of creating out of this world, astounding characters, but I would end up going on about it forever if I took the time to show off each and every one of them!

I’m going to start giving shoutouts here again for some characters I’ve noted along the way and enjoy watching their development.

One such character is Dorothy Parsons written by Juls. Love her!

I have to say one of the best (only?) 'Star Trek' characters I've seen here is Lt Donna Nickers!
My only character is Kris, a green dragonborn hunter, born in the lands of Kayonia
Doomlord6123 wrote:
My only character is Kris, a green dragonborn hunter, born in the lands of Kayonia

You are supposed to showcase other people's characters not your own. Perhaps you have seen some interesting characters you'd like to mention?

True what Katia said. There is a thread to show off your characters if you feel so inclined.

That said, it seems I'm the only one who likes to showcase characters of others? I seem to post here a lot so I have been not bumping it and just editing in really good characters to my opening post and try and write up a kudo for them. I also cull out characters from my list that have been deleted.

If you see a character you really like... maybe the page design is awesome or maybe the story is wonderful, do share so we all can check them out! :)
There's so many to choose from, it's a hard decision! Though if I had to pick a couple to showcase, I'd show off these guys!

Moriarti Bodin: A character played by Yukio_Okumara13, a good friend of mine, the character is a well written mystery. He has many sides to him, and you never know what exactly you'll get when dealing with the deductive man, and yet, he seems to know everything about you just by looking at you. It's truly interesting!

Zain-The Demon General: Played by another friend of mine, Aggy1231, Zain is defenitely one of the most developed and life like characters I have ever had the pleasure of running into on RPR. The character himself always has a sense of cool to him, even in the most stressful of situations. Plus, the writer has a whole world she's working on that Zain lives within, and it's amazing how much effort she's put into it!

Another character I'd like to showcase isn't on RPR's character profiles, but he is a character of Aggy1231's. His name is Lucius, an octo-humanoid. He's a very interesting character, as not only does he find intelligent ways to interact despite not knowing a human language, he also has a well detailed personality that you learn as you write with the character.

Thought I would move my characters from the ‘big’ character page thread to here to showcase them. Feel free to post either your own character pages or those of others here!

• Darrell Sanders - I think character slot-pages are limited but I strive to use all I can. I’ve been building and adding to Darrell’s story as I RP and story-write more and more. Not bad for a guy who started out as a minor NPC in a school RP. His journal and text pages are always being added to and growing. I do need to update the profile with the latest rp info of his touring for his album and such
  • Sgt Chris Silas - He has been on active duty in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria, and recently was assigned to a special ops unit when he was in Germany. His RPs have been ongoing, and I have some journal entries I need to add to his profile.
  • Rolf Steiner - Steiner is one of my longer-running RP characters, getting his start in my Squad Leader board gaming days. He is currently in two RPs... well, three but one I had going here on RPR has I think has fossilised. The others are on a VASSAL program with a mix of text writing and game play. He has fought his way across Russia and froze in the winter and has recently completed an urban scenario based on the battles in Rostov in the summer of 1942. Though he is a historical character representative of the many German soldiers who were not Nazis, and he hates Nazis, his profile is not available on RP Repository due to the board's 'grey area' rule about portraying anyone who happened to serve in the German Wehrmacht during the 1930's and 1940's.
  • John Roby - This is a profile I put together to honour my cousin who was killed in Vietnam in 1967. He was initially a ‘tribute’ character but he has gotten into an RP with a Vietnamese lady written by someone whose parents were Vietnamese refugees. The profile has a lot in it with a full slot page in tribute to John Roby Wolf who is memorialised on the Wall - Name 30E-052.

I have to showcase a couple of Milsen’s lovely characters...

Harriet Marsh
Miabella Collins

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » ~ Character Showcase ~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus