Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » I have no idea what I'm doing

Here's the point where I admit I know very little about any but the most commonly known snake species. :D

What's a hognose?
noodle Topic Starter

Subtleknifewielder wrote:
Here's the point where I admit I know very little about any but the most commonly known snake species. :D

What's a hognose?

Only the cutest, most boopy teeny snakes. They've got little upturned snoots.

SNEK
Omg, that thing really is teeny tiny for a snake. I see what you mean about the cuteness :D
noodle Topic Starter

Omg, that thing really is teeny tiny for a snake. I see what you mean about the cuteness :D

Yeah! They're fun size. An added bonus is that they live in my area so they don't need excessive heat or special care like a tropical snake does.
Welcome to RPR!

~Cherry
Ah, yeah, I can definitely see that being a good bonus. A lot easier to care for in what's already their natural environment.
noodle Topic Starter

Cherry_Red wrote:
Welcome to RPR!

~Cherry

Thanks!
Ah, yeah, I can definitely see that being a good bonus. A lot easier to care for in what's already their natural environment.

Indeed. Especially because the weather is extreme on both spectrums here, if the power goes out in a blizzard and the heat fails, a ball python or tropical snake's definitely going to die. Anything that lives here will handle that better lol
Kim Site Admin

Haha, I came to ask if you had any questions and encourage you to ask for help, but after reading this topic... I think I'll just say welcome! Glad to have you with us! :D
I'm always open to a new roleplay partner Noodle. ^^ Please feel free to hmu if you wanna rp, aye?
noodle wrote:

Indeed. Especially because the weather is extreme on both spectrums here, if the power goes out in a blizzard and the heat fails, a ball python or tropical snake's definitely going to die. Anything that lives here will handle that better lol
Aye. They probably burrow or find some other way to insulate themselves when it gets cold, I imagine.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPRepository the best roleplaying website ever.
noodle Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Haha, I came to ask if you had any questions and encourage you to ask for help, but after reading this topic... I think I'll just say welcome! Glad to have you with us! :D

Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome lol. Y'all are pretty neat.
KallieTheGreat wrote:
I'm always open to a new roleplay partner Noodle. ^^ Please feel free to hmu if you wanna rp, aye?

Hells yeah! And hey, I say 'aye' too! That's cool!
noodle wrote:

Aye. They probably burrow or find some other way to insulate themselves when it gets cold, I imagine.

Indeed they do. I'm not sure how the domestic ones act in winter- if they hibernate or just stay active in the winter because of heating technology- but they are well equipped to deal with the blasted cold.
noodle Topic Starter

SexySultryAngelBabe wrote:
Hello and welcome to RPRepository the best roleplaying website ever.

Lol thanks!
*nods* It's always good to be adaptable XD

If you don't mind me asking, what area do you live in? Like, just the general region.
noodle Topic Starter

*nods* It's always good to be adaptable XD

If you don't mind me asking, what area do you live in? Like, just the general region.

Northwestern United States, a few hours south of the Canadian border and just East of the Rockies. AKA the 'hell zone'.
Oof, I feel you. I live in the Northwest too, though a bit further west than you are. The much more temperate coastal region, in fact. I do not envy you those cold winters.
noodle Topic Starter

Oof, I feel you. I live in the Northwest too, though a bit further west than you are. The much more temperate coastal region, in fact. I do not envy you those cold winters.

Ah yeah, it's a bit nicer over there. Do you guys get the hot summers (100+), or is that an exclusive feature of Hell Zone as well?
Not normally. The low 70's to mid 80's is more typical of our summers, though we've had some extraordinarily hot days the last couple summers.
noodle Topic Starter

Not normally. The low 70's to mid 80's is more typical of our summers, though we've had some extraordinarily hot days the last couple summers.

Man, that sounds pretty nice lol. It's in the 90s for this week, and will probably get higher and into the triple digits by mid August.

Then it'll drop to -40 once December or January hits XD
Yeah, it gets uncomfortable sometimes, but not too bad, usually.

But yours...ouch. Yay for extremes, am I right? <_<

You are on: Forums » Introductions » I have no idea what I'm doing

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus