Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Kim's Support Thread

PenguinColada

Honestly, I don't care about the Giveaway. I've literally been here less than 24 hours and I can see how much love and time have been dedicated to creating, upgrading, and maintaining this site. It's clear to me that you, Kim, value commentary as well as care about those who utilize your hard work. I'm currently a broke college kid with an expensive two-year-old, but once I get a little more money I plan to upgrade to support the continuation of this site (as well as donate to support RPR 2.0).

Thank you for making this website and bringing this community together. It's good to be among people of the same mindset again, and I guess I owe it to you, Kim. You and everyone else - including your mod team - have been extremely welcoming and understanding as I learn to navagate the site and its rules.

In truth, I've been kind of in a funk since I lost my job and stumbled upon this site, and I figured hey, why not dust off my RP skills? Maybe it will cheer me up. So far, it has. I think that my time here will be enjoyable.

Okay, sappiness over. Good luck with RPR 2.0. :D
Kim, you've been nothing but lovely and helpful whenever I've had a question. Your dedication to this project is breathtakingly inspiring. It's so amazing to see the community come together and smash through goals and to see how motivated you are. Thank you so much for continuing to breathe life into this place after so many years.
Deumeawyn

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Deumeawyn wrote:
I only recently got on the RPR Facebook page and watched some of Kim’s lovely videos she shared there.

I actually quit using facebook due to the toxic environment I found myself in there....but this makes me consider reactivating my account just to follow RPR....>.> I had no idea videos were being posted.

Yes, I don’t do much on Facebook other than follow some groups like RPR and Arwen Undomiel where some of my rp friends hang out in a message chat. I follow some music and venues and don’t engage in any of the political crap. Essentially I make it work for me.

And kudos to Kim! Everyone give her kudos! :)
Rogue-Scribe

At this point in time.... ... we are $4298 away from the second goal of $10,000! This community is so awesome!

Over the three decades I’ve been active on various online sites, I usually took site owner’s plea for $ with a grain of salt. Not here. Kim is the most passionate site owner I’ve ever came across! Please create more cool bling and take my money!
Alien_Princess Topic Starter

Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
At this point in time.... ... we are $298 away from the second goal of $10,000! This community is so awesome!

Ummmm....I'm not sure which thermometer you're looking at? But mine says $5702....is it misreading again somehow?
Rogue-Scribe

No, it’s my thumb on my phone. The Colonial IPA’s probably helped.. $4298 to go! $298 would be quite dramatic!
Kim you're the best admin we could ask for!

You deserve every penny raised and more for all the hard work and dedication, not only in keeping the site going but also fun with the Epic Weeks

Looking forward to the new RPR launch
lula

Kim is, (and I'm sure that she always will be) the loveliest and friendliest admin that we can find on roleplay sites. She's a lovely person and is fast and effective in fixing little problems around the site. I've not been here for very long and am impressed by the amount of active members and the friendly community that RPR has built - it honestly couldn't have been possible without Kim as our admin and I am every bit thankful for her existence.
Claine Moderator

Hey Kim!

Thank you so much for all your hard work on RPR and the review! I have never met such an outstanding admin, always working towards making the community a better and more inclusive place. And now, you're taking the massive next-step of upgrading all the features of RPR and making it better than ever! I can't wait to see what comes from all your hard work! I'm honoured to call RPR my online-home and hope to stay here for years to come :D

Quick bump so anyone who may not have initially noticed this thread still has a shot of getting in on the action ^_^ nearly 2 days left still!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Kim has made the RP Repository into such a wonderful place, one of the best I've ever had the pleasure to be apart of. As it is right now the site is amazing but Kim is busting her butt to make this lovely community even more so, with our suggestions and desires, no less.

Keep up the great work Kim, all of us here appreciate the effort to make RPR an even better place for us, you're the best and we appreciate you so much. ❤
Kim Site Admin

I just want you all to know that I was feeling very overwhelmed by the upgrades I need to tackle today, and I came and read this thread and was able to get back to work. <3 Thank you SO MUCH everyone, this has been absolutely lovely.
Kim you are literally so amazing for creating the ability to have this awesome community. We couldn't be more lucky to have you as a site admin. You, unlike other site admins I've seen, care about our issues, bug reports (even if we ended up sending one that was not actually a bug, but meant to be there... XD), and helping our community grow.
Trickster

I've known Kim on and off since about... early 2003, I think? Ever since then I've known her to be one of the best people anyone could ever encounter on the internet. She's a kind, generous person who seems to love roleplaying and helping people find it with all her heart. Before the RPRepository was even a thing she would construct entire dreams to release for free, as well as create educational dreams that would help you build your own, purely out of a want to help other people create the best worlds they could for others to write their characters into. There was never a doubt in my mind that this site would grow into the amazing place it is today under her guidance. I can't wait to see where it goes from here. :) And I'm happy, but not surprised, to see so many other people think she's as spectacular as I do.

Oh, and I guess since everyone is enjoying images so much, this is what it's like when Kim shows up anywhere.

t55uVPw.gif
Sanne Moderator

Trickster wrote:
Oh, and I guess since everyone is enjoying images so much, this is what it's like when Kim shows up anywhere.

t55uVPw.gif

This is 100% a fact.
Auberon Moderator

Kim's been an inspiration of mine since... oh gosh, time immemorial at this point. I knew her first as an artist and RPer, both of which she excelled at, and now I'm grateful to get to call her "boss." She's unfailingly supportive and understanding, and she has a good head on her shoulders and is able to remain objective even when facing adversity and personal bias. The way she handles everything that gets thrown at her is admirable, to say the least. All that doesn't even address how good she is at coding. Did you know she made the puffer fish game in half an hour? Because she totally did! I timed her. :D She works tirelessly for this website, and I have no doubt that RPR 2.0 will be an amazing upgrade and a breath of fresh air for an already thriving community.

Kim wrote:
I just want you all to know that I was feeling very overwhelmed by the upgrades I need to tackle today, and I came and read this thread and was able to get back to work. <3 Thank you SO MUCH everyone, this has been absolutely lovely.

I'm not going to lie, I was kind of hoping this thread could be used in this way should you run into said issue :)
Kim WE LOVE YOU! There's nothing else I really need to say, that's all: We love you. What you do for us, what an inspiration you are for us, everything. You make this an amazing place to be :D
When I messaged Kim in a panic wondering where my character had gone during the rollback-pocalypse, she took it damn near as hard as I did when she broke me the news that my hard work had been lost. She was incredibly kind and sympathetic, but even more-so, she was encouraging and helped guide me as best she could towards rebuilding what had been accidentally deleted. More than that, she busted her butt to ensure nothing like that would ever happen again. We could not ask for a more benevolent RPR god. She genuinely cares and it shows in everything she does for us all.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Kim's Support Thread

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus