Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The queen is having a ball (closed)

Sarena (played by Cherry_Red)

Sarena didn't know how she felt about the situation, as she had just met Vita not that long ago. "I apologise as well, I hope we can move on from this and become friends. Any friend of Alice's is a friend of mine and I'm willing to try" she lied. A part of her spoke the truth, but right now the other part couldn't trust her. Even though Vita said who she was and what her plan was, she was willing to give the girl a chance to be her friend.
((Will reply soon, just taking care of something!))
Arundriel (played by Pantrane)

((No rush. I look forward to it!))
((Take your time))
((I am so sorry. I just got busy and other things came up, but I´m replying as fast as I can!))

Vita looked at queen Alice, when she asked her. She nodded as confirmation. "Yes, that was the plan at first, but I deviated... after talking to you I couldn´t bring myself to do it," she admitted. She smiled at Arundriel, when he apologized. Wasn´t sure that he was going to, but he was a gentleman. "I appreciate that, thank you. I forgive you," she said. And when he seemed - honestly - excited about her occupation and said he didn´t think any less of her, her lips tugged upwards yet again. It was more of a grin or a smirk and she chuckled. "I´m glad, yet surprised, that you don´t. A true adventure-lover, are we?" She asked him and chuckled. But her attention quickly fixed to the queen, when she said that she still wanted to be her friend. She couldn´t believe it! After all she´d said and after all she´d done! This queen had a heart of gold and a lot of faith no doubt. Vita was going to say something, when the queen suddenly jumped her and embraced her. She gasped in surprise and held her arms up. She looked at the queen. "But-but... but what are you doing?" She was confused and didn´t quite know what to do. She started to pat her back, not really knowing what to do in this situation. She then quickly embraced her and let her go.

She put her hands on her shoulders and tried to look her in the eye (the queen had been rather shy). "I will always be your ally, your majesty. Alice, was it?" She smiled kindly as she spoke to her. She looked at Sarena, when she said that any friend of the queen was a friend of her, but Vita could see in her eyes that she had different thoughts. She didn´t point it out, didn´t want to expose her and understood why she lied. "Look," Vita said and pulled back slightly. "Like I said: I´ll always be your ally. But I´m not sure I can ever be your friend. To any of you. I think of you fondly, but with my occupation a friendship.... is gonna be hard. And like I said earlier: you cannot be associated with a known pirate and I cannot leave my ship and crew. Besides, I´ll be sailing the seven seas. When will I ever see you? And for all I know I could be incarcerated tomorrow or I could die days from now. Are you sure it´s a good idea?" She let go of the queen and looked at her, at all of them. She seemed concerned. And sad. There was sadness in her eyes and it seemed like it was hard for her to say that. She hadn´t many friends or met kind strangers.
((I'm sorry but I'm not feeling all too good so it might be while before I reply))

((Okay. Take your time. No rush as always. We post at a good speed, but it’s okay to pace slower as well. We could also always brainstorm OOC for any follow up adventure... If we want to sail or explore anywhere in particular. I’ll wait for Alice, since her reply answers questions. Again, no rush.))
((Yeah, like Pantrane says. No worries :) Just take the time you need to get well again and back on your feet. I don´t mind waiting :D And that´s a great idea!))
Taking a few steps back from Vita, she thinks about she had just for second before swallowing down the anxieties that were creepy up into her throat. She locks eyes with her as she beings to remove her sapphire earrings; holding the out to Vita giving her a soft smile. "An Ally is still a friend in a way. I've read many books on pirates and just like I can't leave my people I don't expect you to leave your crew. I want you to have these as a sign of alliance and plus from what I read pirates likes gems and gold." Alice glances to the water splashing about around the dock. "And seeing that we are" She shifts from foot to foot looking at the sea "maybe we could enjoy the nice breeze and maybe even enjoy the water."

She hopes that they would just stay out of the palace walls so for once she could what was like to get just walk around with friends; Alice wonder if maybe the elder would come looking for her but she pushes the thought away. This day she had been deeding has actually brought her more joy and even something better then marriage, friends and an 'ally'. "Oh I just remember Arundriel, you asked about my tailor right? I really don't have for my basic gowns like this one. I make them myself. And Sarena I've never asked you about yourself." The young queen is so overjoy by the thought of getting to be outside without walls and people likes; she didn't realize she begun to ramble. She seems like a young child who has been to allowed to eat as many sweets as they please.

((Thanks you guys are the best oh I won't be on Saturday or next Saturday I'm going to be at my bridal showers))

Arundriel could sense excitement from the Queen at Vita's revelation. It lifted the corners of his face along with his lips into a wide smile. His elvish eyes squinted with happiness as he looked amongst the group. He hadn't realized Vita was a pirate. Surely this was something she must have felt uncomfortable about sharing in public. It was only understandable that she would be tense in such a public forum.

He listened to the Queen speak, excited on the prospect of seeing more of the ocean. It was also very interesting to be around such a seasoned mariner. He had only traveled as passenger on two ships.

"Seeing more of the ocean would be amazing", he said as he moved closer to Vita. "I hold no judgement on your career." Turning towards the Queen he said, "And speaking of dresses, I can make more than such." He looked towards Vita and Serena. "I'd like to suit something to each of your style sometime. Lady Vita, I would love to work up something comfortable and vibrant for a mariner's life. After all, a pirate needs flair."

After a moment he laughed and blushed slightly. "Ugh, not to bring up work... Shall we move closer to the shore?"

((Enjoy the bridal showers!))

Sarena just tagged along, it was clear she was the quiet one. When Alice spoke to her Sarena shrugged "I um- my father bought my dress, if not then it was my mother's. I come from a place not far from here, my father is the leader of that place and when he heard about the ball he demanded that I go out of respect and so here I am." She said softly but loud enough for them to hear her.
Vita listened to the queen and couldn´t help but smile. She was surprised, when she handed her the sapphire earrings, and Vita slowly and curiously held out her hand to recieve them. When she got them she held them up to look at them. They glistened gently in the dim light of the lamppost nearby. They were beautiful and as blue as the deep and vast ocean. She was surprised that Alice would give her something so precious. She tucked them away carefully and safely, then faced the queen again with a knowing and genuine smile. "Some treasures," she said, "are not treasures, because of what they´re made of, but because of the sentimental value that they hold," she finished and curtsied. "I will keep them as a reminder of your compassion and mercy," she said. "Here," she said, "you should have something as well," she added. She fiddled with something in her pockets before taking something out, something that also glistened, and handed it to her. "It is one of my most prized possessions," she said. It was a beautiful slightly ornamented golden compass. It looked old, but judging by the state of it, it was clear that it´s holder had taken good care of it. "Perhaps it will remind you of that pirate you once met and of the ocean. Remind you of the travels you´ll have one day, a sort of promise," she said and shrugged.

She then turned to Sarena and Arundriel and smiled at Arundriels comment. She did not move, when he stepped closer, but simply stayed put with a smile on her face. "You´d be one of the first," she replied, when he told her that he held no judgement on her career. She smirked, when he said he wanted to make them something, and make her something vibrant and comfortable that would suit her life. "I´m intrigued," she said and couldn´t help but chuckle at him, when he blushed and then suggested that they move closer to the shore. "I´m up for it. I could even take you to my ship if you wanted," she said and smiled at them. She listened to Sarena with interest. "Yes, this ball really has brought many people from around the world."

"To be honest, I think sailing the seas on a ship would be fun, exploring the world." She smiled at Vita and she put her hands in front of her and then looked down, she was starting to feel better around her so she decided to say something to her. After she spoke she wouldn't speak unless spoken to, she was just that kind of person.

((I'm sorry that my responses are shorter))
Alice clutches the compass close to her chest before gathering up just a little bit of the extra fabric pooling around her feet. "I will get to ride a pirate ship. Today has become the greatest day of all 20 years of my life. I've never been on a boat before Sarena this will be my first time. I can't wait to smell the ocean breeze it's going to be the most amazing thing ever. Hopefully I don't fall from the boat." She felt beyond giddy and overjoyed; today she going to fulfill a wish she has had since she was a little girl. In the distant the young queen heard her name being called and all that joy goes out the window. No she was going to get on to that ship and this time she isn't going to let the elders ruin this for her. She does an about face to see who was coming. It is indeed one of her council members; the older woman stands at the edge of the dock with a worry look upon her face.

"I...I'm going to get on a boat and I will be back l...l...later so please don't worry about me I'll be alright." She gave a small curtsy before turning her back to her. The woman looks at the people with her majesty before shaking her head and leaves.

(its fine)
((I´m waiting for Pantrane))

Arundriel watched with interest as gifts were exchanged. There was a slightly quizzical look on his face as it made him wish he had something to give right now. It would take time to make the items of clothing he tried to visualize for each person. Thoughts of being near the sea and then seeing Vita's ship filled his thoughts.

The high elf enjoyed seeing the Queen's enthusiasm at the prospect of seeing a ship. His eyes widened and softened in excitement. "Hopefully it won't trouble you too much to let us have a look." He wasn't sure if the ship would be ready to sail, but he'd be happy to even see the vessel. The ships he had traveled on had been mundane compared to a true pirate vessel.

Turning to Sarena, Arundriel smiled and asked, "Have you ever been on a ship?"

((Sorry. I've been working on some things OOC.))

Sarena looked at him "no I have not, I wonder what it's like. I have this secret dream of me being at the very front of a ship and holding my arms out like I'm flying. Feeling like I'm floating on air and being free." She smiled and blushed softly, she never really told people that. It was just a silly fantasy she never thought possible. She would dream about it once in a while, floating on the ocean, pushing all the troubles behind her with every wave the ship hit as it sailed forward in the open water.
((That´s alright, no worries))

They all seemed to have a positive attitude towards her, and Sarena was even smiling at her. She seemed a bit more relaxed and warm towards her. Vita was glad that she´d warmed up to her a little. She could understand why she hadn´t since they´d only just met and Vita had proclaimed that she was wanted for piracy and had come to kidnap the queen. "That is one of the perks of being a pirate. You can go wherever and see things from a different perspective," she replied to Sarena with a knowing smirk. Someone, who was even more excited about it than Sarena - which was no surprise - was the queen Alice, and Vita couldn´t help but chuckle at her excitement. "It´s the least I can do for you, your majesty Alice," she said. Arundriel had looked a bit quizzical for a moment, but his eyes widened at the proposal and he, too, seemed excited, although he showed in a more... elegant or professional way if you could say that? "Not in the slightest," she replied to Arundriel with a smile. "And like I said: I owe you as much, but it´s not docked here, we need to go elsewhere first. It is a pirate-ship after all, so we couldn´t take any chances, you understand," she added and gestured for them to follow her.

She looked at Sarena and listened as she spoke. Her face was genuine and there was emotion in her voice, a sort of longing that Vita knew all too well. "I can make your dreams come true." She winked at her and started to untie one of the smaller rowing boats. "Jump in, it´s sturdy enough," she assured them and held it steady for them, so they wouldn´t fall while boarding the small vessel.
Alice thought about what Sarena said she thinks she would like to do that on the ship as well, but she was already worrying about falling over board. "Yes of course if any of my soldiers saw a pirate ship in the kingdom's dock, sadly I won't have met you." She thrill looks over to the sandy beach. "Oh I think it would be amazing if Arundriel made you a fancy pirate wear. Oh I'm sorry if I spoke for Arundriel." She quickly covers her mouth sheepishly looking over to Sarena. Correcting herself she attempts to keep eye contact with Sarena. "This will be my first time outside of my castle without my elders and guards. When we get back to the palace I must really give you and Arundriel special gifts as well. So even when you'll all sadly have to leave me I want you each to have something to remember me by."

The young queen looks to Vita "It's just Alice Vita." Alice carefully gathers up her dress cautiously she steadies herself before jumping into the row boat. Her eyes seals themselves shut as she took the small leap out of reflex. Peeking open one eye she see that she did it, she whips around to look at the others with a big goofy smile spread across her face.

((Its okay))

((Sorry things are really hectic OOC right now. Skip me for a turn. I’m almost done with this busy time. Miss writing with you all.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The queen is having a ball (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus