Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » My precious

What is an item you hold close to your heart?
I have a horsehair bracelet. It's made from some locks of my horse I used to own. I rarely take the bracelet off.
Unfortunately, this will be her last summer as she is very old and has cushings.

I also have a statue of Artemis that I bought when I was in Greece. It's one of my favorite decorative things.
A machete. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, the blade is a little dinged up and the handle has a bunch of black tape around it, but I love it so much.
It belonged to my grandpa before he died. I got it a year or two ago at his funeral. He always kept it really sharp and he told my mom and aunt that a woman should always have a machete and know how to use it, because then a man will respect her and not try anything funny with her because if he does she'll whack him in a place he won't be happy about.
He probably phrased it in a more eloquent Cuban way, but you get the idea. XD
Anyways, I have it hanging in my closet and I call it sendir, Draconic for sting.
I love that machete.
Koda-Keet Topic Starter

That is really cool!
Thanks xD that machete is my pride and joy.
I'm also really attached to this little stuffed saint Bernard I've had my entire life called brownie brownie. He's really old and kinda faded and his eyes are all chipped from when I used to toss him into the air and couldn't quite catch him in time before he hit the ground. Poor thing xD
I have a huge tree burrow that has been carved into a bowl. The inside is practically smooth, and has been waxed. The outside looks like a piece of a tree, its really neat a friend of my dad who was a logger made it. Lastly I have a large piece of amethyst that was my great grandfathers :)
I have a gold ring with a little heart on it that my stepmother gave to me because it didn't fit her. For some reason, I rarely take it off, I wore it for three straight years. It is the only thing that I have kept up with for so long.
I have a dog collar I got when I was 16 on a trip thing for my art class. We made a stop at wal-mart. But I love that thing.

I also have a teddy bear I've had since I was born. It was there the moment I came out. I named it Baby Bomp, roughly after the Barney character haha. But I liked Bomp better than Bop for some reason. Or maybe I thought it was Bomp and not Bop? I dunno.

Lastly, I have a box of ribbons. These ribbons I've found randomly since I was 17. I continuously find them. I have an entire roll of christmas ribbon I found in a ditch that wasn't even dirty! I've found one with a tag on it that said: "To whoever wants it :)." I dunno why but I feel a strange connection with these ribbons and I love each one as I find it. When I do find one, I feel some sort of tug at my soul or some shiz. It's what it feels like. o.o. It just makes me feel more complete!
That' easy! :D
My precious is my jade necklace.
It's a jade cross with gold on the back. It's also encrusted with diamonds and silver at all four edges, and a cross of diamonds and silver around the middle.
I lived in china for four years, and my first year there we visited Beijing. While we were there we took a tour of a jade factory (among other amazing places) where we learned how to tell fake jade from real, and learned ancient stories about jade and jade structures (and more awesome stuff that's off topic), and I fell in love with the most amazing jade pendant. I wanted it so bad, but the price was too high. I was heartbroken, but I accepted my fate.
Then, three years later during my third year living in china, my grandmother and cousin visited, so we took another trip back to Beijing, visiting the same fantastic places. One of which being the jade factory.
Again, I found that same beautiful pendant, but yet again, it was too expensive.
But this time, I was determined to get what I wanted.
I was a freaking adorable child (XD), and even though i was only like 10-13 when i did it, I'm not proud of it.
I used my "childly charms" to get the sales team to lower the price a little.....or by a few thousands. :/
Anyway, I have it now, and I love it. It reminds me of the fantastic years in china, all my friends, and all my adventures there.
Simply looking at it makes me feel happy. It just fills my soul with bliss ^_^
I'm getting a gold chain this weekend so I can start wearing it! :D

(P.S.- Sorry for the long post D: But I'll make up for it with a picture ^_^)
Pendant_zps6c2f235e.jpg
(Sorry if the diamonds aren't very visible. They are tiny and it's a blurry pic :/)
TheLily

A stuffed zebra that my Granny bought the day she had a stroke. She bought it for me for Christmas and had even written the card for it - this was in September of that year.

Then for my birthday this year, my mom bought me a watch that is identical to the one she wears and in the card she told me about a private memory. I've locked the card up and ordered another watch to put away for one of my children - and then if they chose to carry it on, they can use my mother's watch.
*Quietly makes a list of items to steal and hold for ransom. I am going to be rich.*

>:D
AgentMoore wrote:
*Quietly makes a list of items to steal and hold for ransom. I am going to be rich.*

>:D
OVER MY DEAD BODY. XD
Koda-Keet Topic Starter

Otaku16Otaku wrote:
That' easy! :D
My precious is my jade necklace.
It's a jade cross with gold on the back. It's also encrusted with diamonds and silver at all four edges, and a cross of diamonds and silver around the middle.
I lived in china for four years, and my first year there we visited Beijing. While we were there we took a tour of a jade factory (among other amazing places) where we learned how to tell fake jade from real, and learned ancient stories about jade and jade structures (and more awesome stuff that's off topic), and I fell in love with the most amazing jade pendant. I wanted it so bad, but the price was too high. I was heartbroken, but I accepted my fate.
Then, three years later during my third year living in china, my grandmother and cousin visited, so we took another trip back to Beijing, visiting the same fantastic places. One of which being the jade factory.
Again, I found that same beautiful pendant, but yet again, it was too expensive.
But this time, I was determined to get what I wanted.
I was a freaking adorable child (XD), and even though i was only like 10-13 when i did it, I'm not proud of it.
I used my "childly charms" to get the sales team to lower the price a little.....or by a few thousands. :/
Anyway, I have it now, and I love it. It reminds me of the fantastic years in china, all my friends, and all my adventures there.
Simply looking at it makes me feel happy. It just fills my soul with bliss ^_^
I'm getting a gold chain this weekend so I can start wearing it! :D

(P.S.- Sorry for the long post D: But I'll make up for it with a picture ^_^)
Pendant_zps6c2f235e.jpg
(Sorry if the diamonds aren't very visible. They are tiny and it's a blurry pic :/)

Oh my gosh, child ways hahah!
I wish I could get something made from jade but it is (I believe) the most expensive stone. Green is fabulous, but also... my horse's name is Jade. And honestly, if I had never had her in my life I wouldn't be the same person I am today. She saved me from going into a terrible emotional state. She saved me from my anxiety at a very vulnerable time.
I have 3 things. The blanket that I've had since I was a babe, a mini panda pillow pet, and a silver cross with marcasite stones.

I'm 27 and feel absolutely no embarrassment in saying that I will never part with my blanket. My mom told me we were at my aunts house one evening and it had snowed heavily (Minnesota does that sometimes) so my dad wrapped me up in this blanket that I had fallen asleep with and brought me home. For some reason, I have never parted with it. My mom had to sew up the original in the one I have now lol. But yes, it has been to Denmark, Mexico, Canada, and now Japan. It's an international blanket and it is currently laying across my lap while I type this since I'm laying on my bed.

The panda is pretty recent. When my mom threw me on a plane two years ago to come to Japan, she snuck a panda pillow pet into my suitcase along with a small bottle of her perfume. She knew I would get homesick for her (which I do, constantly), so she made sure that I had a 'mama panda' to cuddle with.

The cross is kind of a hard story. My grandmother died of pancreatic cancer when I was in my early teens. She was a fairly devout catholic (though I'm now a deist, just to clarify), so when my mom and dad brought her to Mexico one year, she brought me back a cross. It was the last thing I got specifically from her and I have worn it almost everyday since. Gone through 2 chains and lost a stone, but if I can help it, I will never part with it.

:3
Two very silly items actually. The first is a batman jacket that my handsome got for me. I'm a severe super hero fan and batman happens to be my favorite. He bought it without actually knowing he was my favorite, so it's extra special.

The second is a tiny pillow that I've had for as long as I can remember. My kid uses it now, so I can keep an eye on it for a little longer. :) haha.
Well the number one thing I have is my baby blankets. (See Jinx you aren't alone!) One of them is mine (making it a whopping 24 years old!) The second blanket was actually my brother's blanket that as a child I decided to lump it in with mine (that makes that one 28 years old!) These things have made it through more than any one blanket should have. Moves across country. Mom trying to secretly throw them away..I'd come home from school find them in the trash and sneak them back to my room. Eventually Mom would find them..and just wash them..giving in to my childish fears. My brother passed in 2008 which makes his blanket even more special. I will probably have these forever :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » My precious

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus