Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » CLOSED

Nope.
I've been hoping to see an ocean/reef themed template pop up for some time now. I like the ones that exist already, but I find that static backgrounds (the picture stays put when you scroll) tend to obscure text, so I'd love to see one without a static background or one that has a box around where text would be. Anything that won't distract from the text works!

I also rather like the look of sunlight underwater. I can't find any free-use examples of what I mean though...

Color: Ocean colors! Personally, I'd prefer a fairly dark template since they tend to be easy on the eyes.

Texture: Smooth. Perhaps metal, crystal, or glass? I'm not sure.

Genre: Fantasy or nature

Theme: Ocean
Bunny wrote:
I've been hoping to see an ocean/reef themed template pop up for some time now. I like the ones that exist already, but I find that static backgrounds (the picture stays put when you scroll) tend to obscure text, so I'd love to see one without a static background or one that has a box around where text would be. Anything that won't distract from the text works!

I also rather like the look of sunlight underwater. I can't find any free-use examples of what I mean though...

Color: Ocean colors! Personally, I'd prefer a fairly dark template since they tend to be easy on the eyes.

Texture: Smooth. Perhaps metal, crystal, or glass? I'm not sure.

Genre: Fantasy or nature

Theme: Ocean

I love the idea of doing another ocean theme. I did one not too long ago, but I understand about having backgrounds showing through the text that can make it distracting! I'll work on this over time, but I can't guarantee a set release date. However, I'll definitely remember to drop you a PM or just message you here when/if I get it finished sometime soon. :) Thanks for the request, Bunny!
Libertine Moderator

I'm sad about the general lack of swamp templates. I'd honestly take anything- something grungy, slimy and ominous, or something more like a haunting, mystical bog with lilies and fireflies. Regardless of which aesthetic, I'd suggest muted colors, something soft and easy on the eyes. Bone whites, moss or sage greens, dull stone, faded wood, maybe the inclusion of fog/mist.
tumblr_oo7g5tzPRk1qlnxfeo1_400.jpg NESa7R3.png
Way cool of you to do this!

When I look through the templates, I'm kind of disappointed by the general lack of plain colored ones. All the images and layouts are really nice, but they have a specific feel, which is great if that's what you're looking for!

Yet sometimes I just want some basic color swatches. Some of the more plain ones are too dark, or the border sort of detracts from things, or the area where you input information is too narrow, or the fonts are too small or are too mismatched between headers and body text...or too varying in style (for example going bold or underline completely changes the font and color).

I guess I'm requesting is simple, clean templates with colors that go well with one another. Maybe with like a paper or cloth or fabric texture to the colors?

l5xax4z.jpg
450uGQi.jpg
F9nmmWg.jpg

If I'm not making sense, please let me know and I'll try to clarify! Sometimes, it's hard having something visual in my head and attempting to explain it to someone not in my head.
Libertine wrote:
I'm sad about the general lack of swamp templates. I'd honestly take anything- something grungy, slimy and ominous, or something more like a haunting, mystical bog with lilies and fireflies. Regardless of which aesthetic, I'd suggest muted colors, something soft and easy on the eyes. Bone whites, moss or sage greens, dull stone, faded wood, maybe the inclusion of fog/mist.
tumblr_oo7g5tzPRk1qlnxfeo1_400.jpg NESa7R3.png

YEEESSSS. I will see what I can do! Thank you for this request! I agree on a lack of swamps.
Somnom wrote:
Way cool of you to do this!

When I look through the templates, I'm kind of disappointed by the general lack of plain colored ones. All the images and layouts are really nice, but they have a specific feel, which is great if that's what you're looking for!

Yet sometimes I just want some basic color swatches. Some of the more plain ones are too dark, or the border sort of detracts from things, or the area where you input information is too narrow, or the fonts are too small or are too mismatched between headers and body text...or too varying in style (for example going bold or underline completely changes the font and color).

I guess I'm requesting is simple, clean templates with colors that go well with one another. Maybe with like a paper or cloth or fabric texture to the colors?

l5xax4z.jpg
450uGQi.jpg
F9nmmWg.jpg

If I'm not making sense, please let me know and I'll try to clarify! Sometimes, it's hard having something visual in my head and attempting to explain it to someone not in my head.


Great idea! I think this could work for so many people! Thank you for the request! I'm getting ideas already!
I would like to throw my metaphorical hat into the ring.

Honestly, I've seen a lot of magical girls or boys around the site and I don't know, I just feel like a template for a magical girl/boy char should be very bright and flashy. I just don't feel like any of the current templates fit too well (although I do love all the templates offered <3) But I mean, I don't want people to hurt their eyes, so a balance is really kinda required.

colors-Pastels (pink and blue specifically.)

textures-Sparkles, stars, hearts, sunny

Examples? Kind of.

653b713d70fae35f99e2fb1d7612acf5.png
maxresdefault.jpg
d4qro84-af64d746-58f0-4206-8e65-22ff70188b99.jpg


Genre-Urban Fantasy, Romance,

Fandom Themes: Tokyo Mew Mew, Madoka Magica, Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor moon


This is nice of you to do <3
These would be fun to make! Thanks for the request!
Auberon Moderator

I'm a potato with no good ideas to contribute, but I think this is really great of you!
There are a couple of template ideas I would like but haven't seen.

I have a character who is sort of a magician. It might be nice to see some fun magic and/or circus related templates.

Image suggestions


magic-2034144_1280.jpg

circus-3196457_1280.jpg



The first image obviously lends itself more to a black and white motif while the second for more purples and golds. I imagine a smoky, hazy, mysterious aura/texture would work well for either of these.


*All images were found on Pixabay.com and listed as free
Ideas are just brewing, thank you, everyone!
Ohhh!

I think a template made with this gothic vampire image would make for a great template, maybe with the site container being a transparent scrolling section in the middle. Very dark gothic, vampire, elegant. Colors of gold, silver, red, white. *rubs chin*

I saw it and thought of making a template with it, but felt it was above my skill set and would love to see someone else, especially you (your templates are stunning) make something with it. :)
Mercyinreach wrote:
Ohhh!

I think a template made with this gothic vampire image would make for a great template, maybe with the site container being a transparent scrolling section in the middle. Very dark gothic, vampire, elegant. Colors of gold, silver, red, white. *rubs chin*

I saw it and thought of making a template with it, but felt it was above my skill set and would love to see someone else, especially you (your templates are stunning) make something with it. :)

Awwe! Thank you! That's really sweet, I am glad that you like my designs. I can take a look at the Gothic style, I've never been much a fan of vampires in general, but we shall see what I can manage. :D
Hadeslicious wrote:
I love the idea of doing another ocean theme. I did one not too long ago, but I understand about having backgrounds showing through the text that can make it distracting! I'll work on this over time, but I can't guarantee a set release date. However, I'll definitely remember to drop you a PM or just message you here when/if I get it finished sometime soon. :) Thanks for the request, Bunny!

Sorry for the late response, but thank you for putting together some templates for the community. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Wahoo! I made it here!

I honestly feel there is a lacking of dignified evil feeling templates.

I would like to see more evil templates with reds, rusted red/burnt oranges, royals purples and other darker colors.

Textures are kinda of hard.. because 'evil' could go on many textures. I'd love to see something more dignified, like 'evil corporate' cityscape style or 'dark lounge'. It would just be nice to have something for 'dark' characters who art not criminals of the street or demons.. but still have villian nature in a more contemporary setting. But depending on how its worked I suppose they can cover a broad spectrum of timelines too!

some image examples

10-Buffett-Mystery-Man.jpg
35e6ff989bb344710999c91dbd1bc286.jpg
The images below I couldn't get to work with BBC code:
lounge 1
lounge 2
lounge 3
I've finished my newest Ocean Blues theme!
017zbam.png

I tried my best to keep in mind a darker theme, the light pouring in to the water in the back, and keep things somewhat neutral as well. :) I'm really quite proud of the theme. It's now available for all epic members. You can find it in the "blue" section, nature, fantasy, or general. <3
Ooh, it's lovely! <3 Thank you!
Due to the new and upcoming parts that RPR is getting with styling our profiles here. I'm going to hold off on continuing to make templates. ;) They'll resume as soon as possible. I'm keeping these requests though.
<3

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » CLOSED

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Cass, Copper_Dragon, Sanne, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Darth_Angelus