Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » A look back on the Decade

Hi guys, its been a wild decade. With time comes improvement, so I made a template to show mine! If you'd like the template, please click here to download it!

04dZHLF.png
Your coloring, detail, and anatomy all skyrocketed holy jeez???
That growth curve is amazing :o

Also, I can never resist art comparison / summary memes so let's play! :D

hS88Z7Y.png

Edit2: I fixed it! Same images, but just prettier and more cleaned up <3
10 Years and I still can't draw a background to save my life. Also what style it flips flops around like a fish! But at least my anatomy got a little better still a lot to learn tho!
ddm9q0p-fd40ce9b-f972-41c6-80d7-34906a710e50.png
1FLH50f.png

Oh my god my art was so... not...

great.... lmao

The anatomical issues are bugging me. Idk how I got paid for some of those. Seemed like after 2014 things started getting lots better! I didn't wanna use any of my realistic images ;-;. I'm tired of doing those.
Claine Moderator

Yv1Qh5A.png

(I posted a slightly different one on Discord but I accidentally put a 2017 image in the 2018 box, whoops)

I feel like I've come a long way, but also that I have a long way to go :)
Beautiful, I love to see your all your guys art so much!!
I love seeing all this progress too. Holy cow 10 years really changes a person. You guys are amazing.
Like Claine, I'm missing the first two years, oops.

Zug1a8K.png
But as a bonus I'll throw in this too, since honestly I'm a little proud of the difference and I wanna show literally everyone. XD
rpHwrgU.png

Always learning, still. But I feel like 2019 was really my year for big improvement and I'm hoping to keep it going into 2020. Also, I do backgrounds now, which you all know is a major stepping stone haha! They're not great, but they are there which is something.
I LOVE looking at things like these!

HoQMGJr.png

...I knew this was going to be a little rough.

Around the end of 2015, I got a Surface Pro 3, and around the end of 2016, I got a 9.7" iPad Pro - and the point of mentioning that is that with a drawing tablet in one's bag, it's much, much easier to try different styles and ideas on the fly, or between customers or on lunch breaks, and it was much, much harder picking any one representative from 2016, on.

I futzed 2014-2015 a little, as I had a broken tablet, was largely working with urban landscape paintings, and I'd not uploaded anything around that time - Jolteon's from the end of 2013, and the Jedi is from the beginning of 2016. Ope.
These are so cool! I love looking at improvement memes like this, they're very inspiring!

f4a7204e7352043a87560cad0a33bfaa2c30e1a5.png

I personally know where I've improved, but it's hard to read between the images I picked - I think it's a lot easier to call it 'branching out' or 'experimenting' because that's essentially what happened...

Keep on learning : D
I only started this year so I just did the yearly one as my 'decade' since it's sure felt like one. ^-^

February-August I was using my phone, and the middle-end of September is when I got my tablet. ^-^

PhotoGrid_1576798320899.jpg
Honestly I feel like my art has stagnated but life has kinda meant I don't really finish anything so much these days.
I just don't draw as much and when I do i'm doing it to relax so there's no experimentation, I stick in my comfort zone. *sigh*

I've gotten a little better but not as much as i'd have liked.

http://fav.me/ddn63b7

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » A look back on the Decade

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus