Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Epic Excellence Giveaway!!!! (closed)

nightmqre

One of my best girl mates went through a very rough breakup with her boyfriend after she came out to him as not entirely straight. Recently most of my time has been dedicated to her recently because I absolutely adore her bubbly personality and she's always been there for me. It's been a mix of things; presents, cuddles, as well as helping her with her school work too.

It feels so small, but managing to just make her smile the many times she has made me, it's just... <3 <3 <3
Morrigan

One of my friends has been dealing with a stupid crazy stressful project at work, to the point he is brain dead and sometimes just done with the world at the end of the day. I have recently begun to take silly pictures or find amusing memes to make him smile at random points in the day.

He has told me a couple of times how much that makes the day just a little bit better, and when you can be there in person to help a friend cheer up, it's the little things you can do. So that is my little blurb. :)
I learned one of my neighbors loves a certain kind of tea I have and I dropped a box off on her porch <3

This was a good idea! It is making me think of what else I can do to cheer those around me and encourage them. There have been some good ideas here I've read too!
Hades_

Thank you for hosting this!

So, I work nights at a hotel in the heart of the entertainment area in my city. In this area there are a lot of people looking for help and are homeless. I don't make a comfortable enough amount of money to be able to give big donations like I would want, but there are people I try and help with the little I have each day.

There is a 7/11 gas station/convenience store right near my work and I usually stop in to get my 2$ ramen for the night. If there is anyone making the best of what they can for the night outside the convenient store I always grab a banana, an orange, and an apple. Or I'll snag a coffee on colder or wet nights and ask how they take their coffee. I generally check to make sure the person doesn't have an allergy to the fruits I grab so I don't accidentally hand them something that could harm them. If there are multiple people gathered about I still do my best to get at least one thing for each of them.
Hmmmm... I think my brain is probably taking this as a super hard test question, but I do recall a very important time in my life where I actually stood up and listened to someone's problems while everyone else didn't bother. My classmate was awfully moody and I had a pretty decent understanding of who they were - pretty jokey, hilarious, and a pretty gentle dude.

I actually see a lot of times when simply listening to someone is simply undervalued, and although it might not seem as much, I felt as though I've given this classmate a bit of a break. They were having a hard time dealing with someone who they saw as a good friend, only to be let down by them as they were told that they weren't really a friend, but someone used as to be 'talked to' only. Which I find it pretty awful, but I gave this classmate my undivided attention as he vented his problem, because I knew such a friendship was pretty much not a friendship at all. So instead of having to keep those hurt feelings in and pretending to put a brave face, I actually lifted off that negativity haul, and saw them going by the rest of the day fairing much better - and less moodier! I'd say that's a pretty good thing, to give someone an ear and giving back validity to their words so they know their feelings aren't ignored!

And so I feel as though these tiny baby steps will make a slightly better and tolerable world to live in! <3
Deumeawyn

This is a really nice raffle Voldarion!

I would like to think of something big but it is sometimes the simple things that stand out. At lunch time a taco van comes and parks out near the building where I work and I tend to buy my lunch there.

Last week there was a homeless old guy sitting on a bench near the truck and I randomly asked him if he would like something to eat. He nodded so I got a couple extra tacos for him. I sat and ate mine with him and we had a nice casual talk before I went back to work. I think I made his day just a little bit better!
Thanks for hosting this raffle Voldarian and wish me luck!

While my mother sprained her hand this year and could not do much for herself, I packed bags and relocated to her house with my kids and husband

She has other children too but I was the one who took the inconvenience and hassle of relocating, to do the housework, cooking, cleaning, laundry, drive her around, run errands, take her to doctor appointments, look after my disabled aunt and forfeit almost all my "me" RP time for 8 weeks to nurse her back to health, whilst keeping up with kids, ill husband and my full time job.

It was very gruelling and stressful because we went from 1-2 weeks to a whole 2 months but she appreciated the help

During this time away from my PC, I learned to value even more my role-playing time, my most patient RPR friends who did not leave any of my roleplays throughout my absence and the supportive RPR community as a whole

If you read this... RPR comrade... thanks for hanging on during the RP time out and not quitting on me!
Kungfu6453

I helped with my church to hand out food once a month and thank my friends for being patience with me. We served many people and all of them where thankful. It makes me happy to see people happy.
Hey! Thanks for doing this.

I know this seems like a small thing, but I always love to give my parents hugs, and my mom back rubs. I think that it's nice to have the small things count. I also love to listen to people's troubles. I'm terrible at giving advice, but I think it's nice for people to understand that they're being heard and somebody's listening.
I always try to be there for everyone I come across, in real life and on the internet. Everybody just needs someone to be there for them and I like being that person. I have many internet friends that have a rough life and I make myself available to talk if they need it. Even if someone is really difficult to talk to or pushes me away, I am still there. I don't give up on people and am always willing to help those who are shrouded in darkness.

I also spread positivity wherever I go. I started putting up positive post it notes up around my school. You never know if someone is having a bad day and needs some kind words to get then through the day. I also post all sorts of positive sayings on social media. I live by jacksepticeye's Positive Mental Attitude.

And I am a active volunteer in my community. I do a lot of community service. It may not be the most fun thing in the world. But it brings me joy knowing some kid will be happy for Christmas, knowing that the busy librarian has less work to do, that the toddlers are having fun learning about God, and that people that are less fortunate are getting the resources they need.
On Wednesday, in a (theater) program I'm doing, all of us did an exercise where we stood in front of a chair, our backs to the rest of the group. We had to imagine there was someone in that chair that we wanted to say something to, but never have. We were invited to say whatever we wanted without judgment and to be brutally honest. It was an exercise that was part of a bunch to get us being vulnerable in front of each other. Needless to say, a lot of us cried. A lot. When we went of break right afterward, I made sure to give as many hugs as I could. ^_^
Alien_Princess Topic Starter

I cant tell you all how I've enjoyed reading all these lovely things we've done for each other! This thread is something I love coming back to read <3

The end of FoBEtEO was announced for December 25th, and as stated this giveaway will end on the day after (December 26th) at midnight, eastern standard time.

Theres still plenty of time to get in in the giveaway and to tell your friends to come join in if youd like! I'd certainly be happy to read more lovely things we've done for other humans <3

And if you've already posted and feel the desire to add more nice things you've done, well that would be awesome! Definately more than welcome to post more than once! (A reminder only one entry per user)

Merry Christmas everyone! For those of you who celebrate something else, happy holidays for whatever it is you might personally celebrate!

Just a reminder that tomorrow at midnight EST this giveaway will end! If you haven't entered yet time is running out, so I thought I'd bump it up to give anyone who had missed it a chance to see it and enter....Good Luck to everyone, and thank you for posting such kind things on my thread here. It truly has been a joy to read and reread ❤

This giveaway is still open until midnight tonight! Post your entries and tell your friends!!!!

Today is the last day to post entry for this giveaway! Midnight EST is when the cutoff is and I'll do the best I can to roll and post the winners as soon as I possibly can. Also some advice, currently in my time zone it's about 11:30 am, and by comparing this to the time it shows on your screen (provided your timezone settings are accurately set) for this post, you can discover when midnight is for you :)

A quick note: tomorrow I have a rather busy day, so trying to find the time to roll for the winners might take some time. It might be towards the late afternoon/evening before I'm able to get around to doing this and for that I apologize, but there was no way to avoid it sadly. :(
I work at a nursing home (housekeeping and laundry) and I always do my best to be friendly and helpful to the residents. Today I gave out...I think four hugs and fetched a soda for someone and had some friendly conversations. It's not much, but hopefully my kindness brightens their day as much as it does mine.

Thank you all for playing! Entry's are now final, and closed!

The winners will be rolled and announced soon!

WINNERS!!!

Wardrobes -

rTspLf8.jpg

• 1 enchanted wardrobe - 27 - River_Cipher
  • 1 enchanted wardrobe - 21 - Hadeslicious
  • 1 enchanted wardrobe - 6 - LakotaSiouxWarrior
  • 1 enchanted wardrobe - 3 - Dndmama

Epicness -

OWruduN.jpg
  • 1 hourglass of epicness (1 year of epicness) - 25 - Kungfu6453
  • 1 hourglass of epicness (1 year of epicness) - 22 - Animatonica
  • 1 hourglass of epicness (1 year of epicness) - 16 - Lucretire
  • 1 hourglass of epicness (1 year of epicness) - 7 - Demilicious

Consolation Prizes!!!!

In the spirit of FoBEtEO, I've decided that EVERYONE IS A WINNER in this giveaway. If you're name is not listed above as a recipient of either an hourglass of epicness or an enchanted wardrobe, and you are listed below as a qualified entry, you will be receiving an oil of epicness (good for one month of epicness) just for stopping by and sharing how you were excellent to another person! Go ahead and take it, you deserve it :)

Thanks again for participating everyone! I loved reading this thread!
Hot damn!! Thank you so much! I was just heading to bed for work in the morning and something told me to check the RPR.

My utmost gratitude, Voldarian! May this upcoming new year hold many gifts (in various forms), surprises and excellence for you. ♡
Congrats to all the winners and thanks again for holding such a wonderfully generous giveaway!
Thank you so much for the oil of epicness! <3 This was such a fun raffle, and it was great to read through and see all the entries. May 2020 bring great things for you Voldarian_Empire!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Epic Excellence Giveaway!!!! (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus