Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Bridge Of Erodyn ( Open To All! )

Rhys Celestia (played by AmberShades) Topic Starter

Rhys smiled weakly, quietly snickering. He tapped his hand against the stick-like object in his pocket, nodding slowly. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, if I were to attempt teleportation, I would probably launch myself far from my target." The male laughed, pulling a handkerchief from his pocket and handing it to the elf.
Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

" Thank you" Tobias breathed as he wiped his forehead with the handkerchief. " Well, I mean you have lots of magic, you just don't know how to concentrate it yet. If you wanted I could start teaching you, although I don't know much beyond my expertise. Which happens to be teleportation and movement magics, not offensive ones. Of course if you teleport someone against their will it will make them sick" he said snickering as he handed the handkerchief back.

He smiled slightly, shrugging as he took back the handkerchief and placed it in his pocket. "I mean, you have a point," Rhys laughed softly. "If I focus for a few moments, then I could possibly get an item to move a foot or two, but I've never tried that with myself by teleportation. Besides, any form of magic I might be able to due seems to be opposite of what it's meant for. For example, the horse grew instead of flew."

"Where'd you get your wand"Tobias asked. " That can change things. And where'd you learn? I'm sure that the elves could teach you some things, enough to get you started anyway"

"Where did I get the wand..?" Rhys repeated with a blank stare. He thought for a moment before shrugging. "I don't need the wand, actually. I could use a stick or a rock or-" He took a breath. "I basically just need an object to let the magic surge through, but it's.. it's more admirable if I carry around something that doesn't look like I picked it up off of the ground. As for where it came from.. I'm not so sure. I think it was handmade from generations and generations ago." He tapped his foot. "I mean, m grandfather taught me most of the things I know, but.." He shrugged, unsure of what to say next.

Tobias's brow furrowed as he thought about this. He had never needed something for his magic to go through. Then again he was fairly certain that if Rhys was as disciplined as he was that Rhys could out-magic him any day of the week. This deeply confused him. " Well" He started" I'm no master on all things magic and I have no idea how yours works. I never needed something to hold. Then again I'm also an elf and your... not. If you wanted I could bring you to the Elven Village and they could teach you what they know."

"Pfft- I barely have any idea of how mine works." Rhys gave a lopsided grin. "Well, I'm sure the town won't miss me if I were to go on a little trip, eh? But didn't you just arrive? Why don't you get settled for a bit, and I go make sure I haven't damaged anything or anyone too badly?" He gave a worried laugh, his brows furrowed in an anxious state as he forced a grin.

Tobias had been trained to read people like an open book. This training betrayed Rhys's anxiety. He smiled warmly," Why don't I help you with that? I'm sure you can't check everywhere on your own? And besides" Tobias said" It will give me a chance to meet the village people"

"Uhm- Alright.. I mean, introducing yourself with me hanging around most likely isn't a good first impression, but.." He chuckled anxiously. "I won't stop you." Rhys tousled his hair as a nervous habit, tucking his free hand into his pocket. "So.. I suppose we can begin at the fountain, and then move towards the marketplace, since most people seem to be there..?"

Tobias laughed." Who cares about first impressions? The only impression I've got is a good one." He began walking with Rhys towards the fountain. He enjoyed the companionship silence they had for those few moments. They reached the fountain without incident

Rhys smiled, nodding with a snicker of his own. Bold, he thought as he followed the elf, though it isn't such a bad quality to have. The silence was eerie, but it gave the sorcerer enough time to debate what he was going to do when it came to meeting on of the many villagers. Apologize? Laugh it off? Panic? Screw up his Magi again? He took a deep breath.

Tobias looked back at Rhys. He seemed... worried. That wouldn't do. He walked back." Hey!You good?" He asked, the concern evident in his voice. " I'll vouch for you, it's not your fault that you messed up, everybody does. I'm sure the carpenters here once made total messes of their bits of wood. And the seamstresses I'm sure they didn't start out making beautiful dresses."

"Me? Oh- Ehm.. I'm fine," The sorcerer answered softly, raising his gaze to the elf as he spoke. He put on a worried smile. "While you have a point, I'm afraid this isn't the first time I've risked a few things with.. Magi. It's difficult." Rhys laughed, attempting to brush away any nervous feeling there was. "I mean, I've been here so long it just seems like.. a habit, y'know? I'm pretty sure everyone else is done putting up with it, anyway." He inhaled. "But.. thank you."

(( Apologies About The Late Response! ))

Tobias liked to him and shrugged.," If magic was easy everyone would do it. Come on I'm sure you'll be fine!" He said grabbing Rhys's elbow in boyish impatience and speed walking to the center of town.

(( your fine, we all have real lives))

Gaining his balance after nearly tumbling, Rhys picked up his pace slightly in order to keep up with the elf. "Alright.. Alright!" He muttered beneath his breath with a rough smile. Determination flashed across his eyes. "You're right. They can't be that mad, can they?"

Tobias smiled encouragingly,"No, they can't be that mad. Besides, what are they going to do to you when if they are?" He laughed jokingly. They reached the center of town.

The sorcerer nodded, grinning. "Ja! They can't do anything but hold a grudge, right? It won't be so bad. I'll apologize, we'll exchange a bit of hopefully-not-awkward conversation, and everything's Okej!" He smiled, sending a excited glimpse towards Tobias.

Tobias smiled to Rhys. He walked to the fountain sipping from its waters. Life was good for him. He looked to Rhys worriedly. He hoped everything turned out well for him.

While the elf took a quick drink from the fountain ( that thankfully wasn't broken ), Rhys sent a look around the area. Not many people were around the fountain, but there were enough to send doubt over his somewhat confidence. He took a breath. "So.." He muttered, looking back towards Tobias with a risen brow. "Is this your first time in town?"

Tobias looked to him. His smile quirked." Yes... I suppose this is my first time into town. Who do you want to talk to first?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Bridge Of Erodyn ( Open To All! )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus