Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The End of Humanity

Nijusei (played by LunarValravn)

All that remained of the once grand city was scorched steel frames of skyscrapers and remnants of vehicles floating in the pools of lava. Here and there the remains of a poor soul could be seen uselessly clinging to debris. The air so thick with smoke that even the glow of the fires were not enough to lift the darkness.
The roar of fires was the only sound that now occupied the formerly busy metropolis. The only save one, laughter. Not laughter from fear or even disbelief but laughter that sang in triumph.

Of all the dead a single soul remained. An 18 year old girl who stood atop the skeleton of a building. " You see that!? They burned so beautifully!! Ahahaha!!" She covered her left eye as she leaned forward, a crazed look on her face. " Now THAT'S beautiful and the scent!" She took a deep breath in. " Nothing like scorched flesh to start the day. Now where to next?"

As she looked around, Arrakis spoke to her. " You do know that you are killing your own"
Niju swung left arm in an effort to eliminate the annoyance. " Shut up! You have no right to defend them after everything they have done!" She ran across a steel beam and jumped onto a solid portion of ground.

The ground trembled in dark laughter beneath her. " She is the vessel we chose, sister, and this the fate humanity has brought to itself"
Clyde Loewner (played by MangoNekros)

Nijusei wrote:
All that remained of the once grand city was scorched steel frames of skyscrapers and remnants of vehicles floating in the pools of lava. Here and there the remains of a poor soul could be seen uselessly clinging to debris. The air so thick with smoke that even the glow of the fires were not enough to lift the darkness.
The roar of fires was the only sound that now occupied the formerly busy metropolis. The only save one, laughter. Not laughter from fear or even disbelief but laughter that sang in triumph.

Of all the dead a single soul remained. An 18 year old girl who stood atop the skeleton of a building. " You see that!? They burned so beautifully!! Ahahaha!!" She covered her left eye as she leaned forward, a crazed look on her face. " Now THAT'S beautiful and the scent!" She took a deep breath in. " Nothing like scorched flesh to start the day. Now where to next?"

As she looked around, Arrakis spoke to her. " You do know that you are killing your own"
Niju swung left arm in an effort to eliminate the annoyance. " Shut up! You have no right to defend them after everything they have done!" She ran across a steel beam and jumped onto a solid portion of ground.

The ground trembled in dark laughter beneath her. " She is the vessel we chose, sister, and this the fate humanity has brought to itself"

Clyde would be inside the Cerberus, resting inside the protection of it's heavy armor. As the ground shook, the robot chirped. "Captain, unnatural ground friction detected" Clyde would wake up a little. "Must be that girl. Alright Cerberus, locate the center point" with a simple beeping noise, it found the location. "Life signature of abnormal levels detected" Clyde sighed and sat up. "Alright Cerberus, run a weapon's check, we're taking out her once and for all" he said, as the weapons on Cerberus heated up and loaded. "Weapons ready" it replied, as he jumped out the mech, grabbing his AR, and heading to her location as the mech followed behind
Nijusei (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

She was sure every last human was dead and so the threat of her life was no longer on her mind. " Fools can't even send someone worth fighting! It gets boring!" She reached down to pick up a hot coal. Her gauntlet protected her but that was only a small portion. A dark grin showed just before she tossed it over her shoulder. " Who am I kidding! The fact that even their military can't touch me is amusing"
Behind her the ground cracked and waved. Something was beneath the surface, something massive. " Kuma, where is the next city?" She crouched down as the land rose beneath her. Then it split open with a massive, volcanic dragon rising beneath her. " I will get you out of my smoke. From there you can follow the glow of those wretched places"

Clyde continued moving, Little did she knew he was armed with bullets coated in spiritual energy, and Cerberus had the same. He knew a day like this would come, and he was prepared. He was just kinda sad he would have to kill a young lady to possibly save Humanity. "Cerberus, deploy Trip Wires and fire Aegis Missles," he said, taking cover as Cerberus deployed 3 mines that looked like poles, each with a small laser attached to another Trip Wire. Then it readied its missile, aiming at the dragon. "Initiating launch" Cerberus implied, before launching a missile about 6 feet long, and 2 feet wide. As it hit the dragon, the missile dissolved into acid and large pieces of shrapnel

The force of the impact caused Kuma to stagger which knocked Niju off her head. The shrapnel tore at her stone-like hide and heavy horns.
Niju grabbed ahold off Kuma's horn. The height of the fall would surely kill her. As the dragon turned, she saw the acid. " What idiot uses acid on a volcano!? Who is even still alive?"

Kuma turned around, magma dripping from her mouth, to face the new threat. Through the smoke she was able to see the shape of Cerberus. " Another military dog from the looks of it"
Niju scrambled back up as quickly as she could so she could get a good look. " Well! What are you waiting for? Kill that fool already!!"

The blast from Kuma's mouth shook the air, clearing the smoke from around them. Hot gases and rocks scattering like an oversized shotgun blast.
" Niju, calm yourself. There must be a reason that soldier is still alive" Arrakis cautioned.
" He got lucky is all! He'll regret challenging us alone" The moment she finished that statement Kuma clipped one of the trip wires with her claw.

Cerberus started firing it's .50 CAL Auto Cannon at the loose particles with terrifying accuracy, while it's armor was heatproof, Magma dripping off of its chassis as Clyde saw Kuma hit a tripwire. The Tripwire exploded into several small exploding balls that clung to Kuma's leg, blowing up as they connected to its leg. As Cerberus detected this happening, it thrust back to make room for the destructive damage of the Trip Wire. Clyde crouched in cover, waiting for the cue to attack Nijusei

The roar of the dragon, a raging storm, accompanied the explosions that took Kuma down.
Bullets sank into her hide and melted. One grazed Niju just below her left eye." Looks like the government sent someone with skill this time. Happy now?"

Niju grit her teeth for a moment. Hatred burned as hot as the lava around them. " Bring it! Drag him to hell!" She turned and ran down Kuma's back as the dragon started to dive back under the earth.

As Niju was distracted, he aimed his gun at her, before opening fire, as Cerberus leaped into the air and stayed aloft with a giant jetpack as it starting locking into Kuma's body. after a second, it fired the missiles, at least 50 of them heading their way. Their warheads contained sticky explosives that would stick to Kuma's body, as Clyde chased after Niju

The sound of the warheads sticking to Kuma made Niju look over her shoulder. For the first time in many years fear showed in her eyes. " What the!? Those will-" Kuma used her wing to flip Niju into the air. " Arrakis, it's your turn"

The ground shattered from the warheads when Kuma finished diving. The blast only forced Niju higher but at the cost of rock embedding into her body.

A hollow, crystalline roar sang through the air as a blue light showed in the sky. A dragon of ice appeared now to catch Niju in her talons. " Foolish girl we are running out of options with your recklessness. You will be captured or killed" Arrakis turned to attack Cerberus.

The robot looked up. "Loading AJAX Explosive rounds." It said as its arm changed the bullets loaded into the Auto Cannon. It then fired at Arrakis, the impact of the bullets making small explosions that chipped away at armor or body, as CLyde manage to jump onto Arrakis's tail and make his way up

Cracks appeared in the dragon's body and armor but she kept flying until she could get her teeth around Cerberus. Ice fell in chunks into the lava below, creating steam. Things were much tougher than they could have expected. Could she keep this up with all the explosions?

With the soldier on her tail and Niju wounded in her talons she needed to make a choice. " Niju....We can recover quickly but you can't. We must lose them and retreat"
Slowly Niju shifted to see the soldier. " Let me go! I will tear his throat out then you can finish that hunk uh junk! Agh!"
Arrakis felt Niju's blood run down her toes. " You won't hurt him with your wounds. Admit it they got past us...somehow"

Clyde approached closer, aiming at Niju as Cerberus started overheating to the point Arakis started melting. "Engaging emergency anti-snare," it said as it's metal frame heated up to 1000 farenheit.

Arrakis' scream was quickly followed by the shattering of ice. She couldn't possibly be dead could she?

Niju's red eye lit up as she fell towards the ground. She made note of the soldier's face. This defeat she would never forget it.

Suddenly, Kuma burst from below. She sealed Niju between her claws before falling back into the lava. She would be safe in Kuma's claws. " They got smart. We must become more intelligent. Retreat is our only option now"

Watching the battle from afar was Hedgehog, Niju's brother. He had been tracking her for years but now that he found her it was painful. " Niju...Kuma....what have you become?" He sprinted towards the chaos now.

Clyde dropped, before landing inside the cockpit of Cerebrus. He yelled, "Don't let them escape!," as Cerebrus started shooting at Kuma as Clyde thought to himself. "If this girl and her monsters can barely take me and a single mech, how can they handle 99 more Mechs and over 1000 experienced troops like me?" he wondered

Kuma moved quickly to dive under the earth. It wasn't long before she was completely concealed beneath the surface.

Hedgehog tried his best to catch up. Seeing the mech was bad news. Being without his spirit or a vehicle he needed to do something else. Quickly he pulled out a flash grenade that he had scavanged and threw it hoping to catch the soldier's attention.

Within the darkness, Niju raged. " Why couldn't we kill him!? Why did we get hurt instead?"

Kuma growled to express her own displeasure of the situation. " Those weapons were not normal. They hurt us for a change."

Arrakis, being the more mindful one pointed out another fact. " Don't forget we just destroyed a city. We all were tired and not at our strongest"

The flash had no effect on the Mech, but Clyde came out. "Hands behind your back, on the ground, now!" he said, his gun aimed at him as Cerberus was on standby, I giant .50 Cal Auto Cannon aimed at his head

Hedgehog slid to a stop and put his hands up but was not going to drop to the ground. It was stupid and he knew it. " If I really wanted to hurt you I would have thrown something else"
His eyes shifted between the gun aimed at him and the direction he knew Kuma had gone off too.

"You shouldn't be here," he said, lowering his weapon as he looked at him. "You should vacate the area before she comes back"

He shook his head and chuckled at the thought of running. " This city is already gone. She's not returning" Taking a risk, he stepped back. " I'm following her. That's my sister you're hunting and my spirit. I won't lose them again"

He scratched his head. "I mean.. you two look similar. Where would she head off to next?" he said as he checked the mag on his AR. "She seemed weak against a single Mech. If I bring in more, it should do the trick" Clyde said

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The End of Humanity

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus