Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New group jitters

Hey there, hi there, ho there!
I, like a lot of RP obsessed people, have a bit of anxiety over joining a new group, trying to find my space to fit in, and figuring out if I belong, but ...I guess this is me stepping outside of my proverbial box and attempting to fly. Here's to hoping I don't faceplant instead. XD

A bit about me:

I generally go by Yvonne, though a lot of my long term online friends do call me Yvvy, and I'm perfectly alright with this nickname!
I've been roleplaying in one way or another for over 15 years, no telling just how long. Let's just say I'm old enough to know AOL and IRC rp groups. Lol.
I adore writing in all aspects. The act of creating a story, a world, with someone else, or multiple people, is something of an art that I think a lot of people just don't recognize often enough. It's an obsession and always has been.
I'm a single mother of three young children. Yes. I'm old. I'm okay with this. Lol. They are my world, my light, and my life.
I adore making new friends, but I get nervous and anxious pretty easily, so if people don't talk to me, I tend to not talk to people.
Hi Yvvy!

I also remember the good ole days of AOL and Yahoo hangouts, but these days it seems to be more Discord and forum based.

I’m quite shy too but mostly IRL. Online it isn’t so bad. I’ve only just joined recently but the community is extremely welcoming so I’m sure you’ll make some new friends to write with soon. Hope you’re well! x
Hi Yvonne!! Welcome to RPR! I hope you have a lot of fun here!
TheScreamingSiren Topic Starter

Heya, Aubade! Nice to meetcha! Yeah, I help run a new jcink forum with discord, and I'm making my own site, too. Discord is a big thing right now. xD

Yeah online it isn't so bad, but I still do find trouble getting myself into pre-established groups. Always tend to feel a little out of place. lol. But fingers crossed it won't go that way once I get to poking 'round!

Hey there, Mejasoulfruit! Nice to meetcha! Thank you very much!
Hello and Welcome!

I'm another nervous person but as Aubade said, this site has many friendly people. I'm sure you'll find friends and plenty of fun rps to join.
Hi and welcome! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Lots of friendly people around willing to help answer them!

Cheers to making new friends and having ton of fun RPs!
Hey Yvonne! Welcome to RPR! :)

If you haven't yet, check out the Looking for RP forum, which is where folks scout for writing partners and/or group games. Many of these games are just getting started, which hopefully helps alleviate some of the worry over joining an established RP. (I find that difficult too!)

There's a ton of different styles and genres represented, so hopefully you find something that sparks your interest! The Find RP tool (linked in the main site menu) is helpful too - it allows you to apply some search criteria to the recent posts in that LFRP forum and to the active groups.

Also, as silly as many of them are, the Forum Games are a low-stress way to interact with some other members. I've had a couple RPs spring to life over a one-line character interaction in some of those! :)
Welcome! It's fun to see how many "veterans" are here! You have a few more years of experience on me, so that tells me I might still have a lot to learn in this craft. I hope we can all have fun here.
TheScreamingSiren Topic Starter

Hey guys! Thank you so much for being so welcoming, definitely helps getting comfortable when people are so open and welcoming.

Thank you so much for your suggestions, Juls! I'll definitely poke around those myself.

Haha. Hey, Singer! To be honest I'm constantly learning new things myself. The hard part is not being stuck in your ways XD
sarah18394729

Hello new players to...............RPR i would personally like to welcome you here as we have had a few updates on this website so welcome!!!!!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPRepository.
Hallooo! Welcome to RPR! :D I'm Shinyrainbowlithogra, and I'm pleased to be here and pleased to see ya'! ;D I hope you'll have a fine time here on the forums, and maybe get some good fun RPing in the various groups/threads/chain game things around the site. :P I know I personally can't stay away from some of the forums, because they're just ToO mUcH FUn.
Okay, that's a little exaggerated, haha. I like some of the new OOC games, though. Very fun.
Anyway. I'm not really... A veteran RPer? I guess? About 5 years now, I suppose, but it was somewhat casual at least part of that time. It's sometimes hard to spare time for RP when you've got real life stuff to do... And then sometimes doing the real life stuff is hard when you want to be, you know, chatting with your friendly orc, elf, and alien druid plant cyborg pals. :/ A lesson I guess we've all had to learn.... :,)

But good luck on the forums, yeah? There are lots of groups if you want to hang out, and lots of people who will be glad to answer questions if you have any. Me too. :) :)
Have a good one! <3<3<3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New group jitters

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus