Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Anime suggestions

I'm kinda bored right now and can't think of anything to watch. What anime do you guys recommend?
Attack on Titan is pretty good. My only warning about it is that there is some violence.
Attack on Titan is great.. The some violence in it is like.. at least 70% of it is someone being eaten by a giant humanoid, so I mean.. yeah! It's a great show though.

Nichijou is pretty good. Plain fun, that's all I can really say about it..

Angel Beats. Some violence, but it's a pretty solid show..

Corpse Princess. I rather enjoyed this. Again, yes violence, but it has a decent story and is interesting!

Gintama. Like Nichijou it's plain fun. It doesn't take it's self too seriously, despite what it appears. It's a fantastic show.
I'm normally not an anime fan, but there is one I simply adore.

Soul Eater is a fantastic anime! It's about an academy where weapon masters learn to fight with people WHO TURN INTO FRIGGIN' WEAPONRY! The entire concept on its own fantastic enough to peak interest! Add to that amazing writing, animation and loveable characters who all get their chance in the spotlight, and you've got yourself an amazing anime! Not to mention the countless references to myths like Niidhög and famous historical personalities like Al Capone.
Apprenticedmage Topic Starter

Yeah I've seen soul eater. I'm taking a break from watching angel beats to watch others, which is why I asked. Nichijou I've heard of, but I haven't watched it yet. Same goes for corpse princess and attack on titan Thanks! :)
Last Exile, Ghost in the Shell, and oddly enough, High School of the Dead.
EdtheNeko

.Hack//Sign - If you are into online games and anime, this one is for you. The whole dot hack series has a lot to watch, but I find Sign being one of the best, then roots even though its not in the time line order. But its still worth a watch from its good story, great music, good moments of action and even sad moments as well. I suggest if you do like Sign you should check out the other dot hack animes as well, .Hack//Roots is another good anime in its series and is worth a watch if you liked .Hack//Sign.

Death Note - I feel the less I say about this one the better, but this anime takes a kinda dective look onto things. Its story is full of twists and turns keeping you guessing what happens next. If you like the anime it also has a few live action movies as well. The show just keeps you guessing, its well worth your time.

Trigun - Is an awesome future like western, action, comedy, that has some drama along with it as well. Good animation, great action parts, and good laughs to be had with this one. I think the less I say about it the better, but its well worth your time if you like the western look of things.

Code Geass - If you like giant robot fights in a future setting, along with terrorists and propaganda then this anime is for you. It has its light hearted moments, dark moments, and its all mixed rather well for a future war thing. It has a good story that really sucks you into their world. Its kinda dark at some points, yet the action can keep anyone hooked on it. Well worth your time if you like giant robot action

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - This anime is a redo of Fullmetal Alchemist, but it changes things slightly to follow the book more closely. The anime is more dark, shows things from other views, and there are new episodes that where only mentioned in fma but fully shown here. Only small differences between the two, I suggest you watch FMA then FMA Brotherhood to get its full dark effect of both animes.

Lupin the 3rd - Its a little dated on animation but it animation has its own style to it which can be a welcomed thing. Its full of great jokes, good action, along with good soft scenes and more action then you could ask for. It also has a great movie along with it, a movie so good its worthy of any watch, Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro

Fooly Cooly: Its 6 episdes long but has good music, great jokes and good action. Its full of its creepy, yet odd heart-filled moments as well. They also reference Lupin the 3rd with the red and green jackets in one episode. Its worthy of a mention because of that, :3

Cowboy Bebop - Good animation, good action, and a few serious yet funny parts to it. Its good to watch if you want your good future space traveling fix. The ship designs are really good in this one, and a few episodes have really good eye candy in action.

Samurai Champloo - This anime has a good feel to it, it has parts that can make you feel all kinds of ways. Its sword battles are epic, and It has great music. It has a certain class to it that some animes miss out on, and sometimes even touches on old problems people had. Its still worth a watch if you like good animation, good battles, good music, and old japan.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex - It has good music, good action parts, a bit confusing on the story but overall good show, it even has a few great movies to tie in as well. Its another great future styled anime which really pushes the limits on what you think could be possible. Its full of great quotes, philosophy, and odd references. If you watch this anime be sure to check out the movies as well, as they are great gems to the series.

Ouran High School Host Club - If you want something more story based along with its own goo humor, odd references, an almost fairy tale setting at times, and full colorful characters. If you want something to relax and watch, this may be for you.
If no one has noticed, I'm a bit of an anime nerd :P
Apprenticedmage Topic Starter

Full metal alchemist is a good anime seires. Did you know that the lady who did the manga for that now has an anime about farming called silver spoon? Its streaming on crunchyroll.com
Hmm i'm not a big anime fan (manga is my life though), but I watch a few. Some animes i think would be a good watch are: Glass Mask (if you like 90's art), Dangan Ronpa, Another, Hetalia, Occult Academy, The world god only knows, poyopoyo, and a new one called yamishibai. Silver Spoon is actually my second favorite anime.
EdtheNeko

Apprenticedmage wrote:
Full metal alchemist is a good anime seires.
Fullmetal alchemist Brotherhood, is better then the original it seems. But the full effect is only gotten when you watch FMA then FMABH, as then you are able to notice the differences. Anyway, any anime from my list is worth a good watch if you need something good to watch.
You could watch Mushi Uta,its a pretty good anime that I've been watching recently and I think you would enjoy watching it.
nurarihyon no mago, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, D.N.Angel, and D-grayman are some of the animes I can recommend you :3 all of them are action oriented

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Anime suggestions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus