Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Camp Happy Tree. a "normal" fantasy summer camp

"I'll probably dance at some point. You'll see what I can do with fire then," she says mysteriously once he catches up, "And Avi's.... maybe? Maybe more some kind of star-spawn or light spirit with a physical body? Either way, she's cute. I'll promise to talk about her later, but right now isn't the time for me to fawn over my girlfriend. I'll save it for after I tell you about the mercs, though you might have seen a bit of that if you were paying attention to the news eight months ago."

She honestly kinda hoped he hadn't been keeping up to date on the news cycle at that point, she mostly just wanted to take time off and not have too much of her family's impact hanging around her. Normally a company like the one her family led wouldn't be that known by the public, they mostly just refined and processed magical materials for use by other manufacturers. One group of mercs breaking in and looking for.... something, though, and they'd gotten splashed across front pages for a week or two. The car chase didn't exactly help keep them off the news, either, but Sox was still alive, at least.

"Anyway, first things first, cabins and making sure you've got everything you need."
((Considering joining))
Edd (played by Pen_Tsunami) Topic Starter

(( OHHH my fault, I only read it once since I was in a rush, I was going out to see a movie that evening and I only had 20 minutes to write a reply, I'm dummy :,| ))

Edd nodded and smiled and the child. “I see, I hope you enjoy your stay here, tho I’m afraid the activities don’t start until tomorrow.” He stood up as he passed Sox turning to look at her as he was walking to a very old and suspicious looking crack hou- I mean storage house. “I’m gonna go turn on the plumbing and electricity if we wanna have a comfortable night.” He smiled sweetly as he turned back around and walked to the storage house witch was actually used for plumbing and electricity then storage. It used to be a storage back in the day but they made some arrangements.

Before he could open the door, it just... fell inwards. Edd shook his head sighing before he walked in and started flipping switches for electricity and plumbing. Afterwards, when he was coming out, he had a powdered donut in his mouth and he turned his head towards the woods as he thought he heard... singing or something... He just continued walking as he sat on his cabin steps looking through the do to list pouting. Apparently that was the first step to many many many other things he had to do. He slouched over the porch railing calling out to Sox. “Sox can you help me set up the tables in the cafeteria? Apparently the custodians forgot to do it.”
"Finally, someone whos not afraid to play with fire," Elias grins at her before chuckling and shaking his head. His eyes then widen at the description of Avi, "I've read about star-spawn in my fathers journals..." he hums and licks his lips, before shrugging, "they seem like interesting specimen, my father apparently despises them, for some odd reason."

He shook his head, he had not followed the news from eight months ago, or if he had he didn't remember what it was about. He raises an eyebrow at her before laughing and shaking his head.

"Sounds about right!" Elias says with a grim on his face, before he watches the human from earlier, Edd, walk back towards them and once again away from them. And towards a shed that looked like it came straight out of a horror movie.
"Not like the things...." Sox stops herself short before finishing the thought, and goes to rephrase, "I'm not sure if star-spawn is strictly correct, either. She's some kind of energy-entity is more what I'm getting at." Sox smiles pleasantly after saying it, but is mildly screaming internally. Certain things just aren't supposed to be talked about.

Relief comes when Edd asks her to help set up the dining hall. "Oop, yeah, it's still setup day. I'll be around later, but for now duty calls."

She heads off to the dining hall and begins un-stacking tables and chairs, easily carrying them into position with mana-boosted muscles letting her be a lot stronger than she looked. She'd gotten really good at enhancing her strength, reactions, and precise muscle control since she couldn't cast spells. Most of her kind spent time learning sorcery, while she had been able to put it all into physical prowess. By the time Edd even makes it to the building, she's made a significant dent in the remaining work load.
Edd wrote:
(( OHHH my fault, I only read it once since I was in a rush, I was going out to see a movie that evening and I only had 20 minutes to write a reply, I'm dummy :,| ))

Edd nodded and smiled and the child. “I see, I hope you enjoy your stay here, tho I’m afraid the activities don’t start until tomorrow.” He stood up as he passed Sox turning to look at her as he was walking to a very old and suspicious looking crack hou- I mean storage house. “I’m gonna go turn on the plumbing and electricity if we wanna have a comfortable night.” He smiled sweetly as he turned back around and walked to the storage house witch was actually used for plumbing and electricity then storage. It used to be a storage back in the day but they made some arrangements.

Before he could open the door, it just... fell inwards. Edd shook his head sighing before he walked in and started flipping switches for electricity and plumbing. Afterwards, when he was coming out, he had a powdered donut in his mouth and he turned his head towards the woods as he thought he heard... singing or something... He just continued walking as he sat on his cabin steps looking through the do to list pouting. Apparently that was the first step to many many many other things he had to do. He slouched over the porch railing calling out to Sox. “Sox can you help me set up the tables in the cafeteria? Apparently the custodians forgot to do it.”

"That's to bad I was so excited for those." She looked a bit dissapointed before she smiled again. Liliath then decided to climb in the first tree she could see, if they activities wouldn't start until tomorrow she would make some fun herself! "Everyone who can't climb in a tree is a slow slug!"
Elias raises an eyebrow as he watches Sox's obvious discomfort, before he watches her walk away into the dining hall. He shakes his head anf walks towards where the campers would be staying.

Once inside he dumps his bags on one of the bunks before jumping on it himself. He sighs in content before closing his eyes and taking deep breaths. He focusses on his inner flame and begins meditating, taking in deep breaths while ignoring all the other noise.

Twenty minutes pass before Elias lets out a long breath and sits up. He looks around the area, taking note of everything in his immediate vicinity, before he stands up and takes off his leather jacket.l before laying it down on his bunk.

He makes his way out of the cabin and looks around. He was going for a fly.

When Edd got to the Cafeteria he paused looking at how much work Sox has already done and smiles as he looks at her in awe. “Wow! That was really fast, you’re so cool! Here let me help you with the chairs.” Edd wasn’t as strong as Sox was, but he still managed to set up more chairs then Sox could, probably because he was quick on his feet and with his hands. After the sweeping and cleaning the tables and chairs was done Edd went into the kitchen and let out a sneeze due to the dust before he stared at the forest. “Hey by any chance have you heard a really creepy and suspicious sounding voice coming from the forest? Wait... never mind I sound insane.” Edd shook his head before checking to see if the faucet worked correctly, which it did.

“I’ll bake a cake so we can celebrate the new summer at the summer camp, can you please go get Liliath and Elias please?” He turned to face Sox and smiled at her sweetly before he started getting out cake batter and some other necessary equipment and ingredients for cake. An hour later a really nice smell flowed from the kitchen out onto the cafeteria and parts of the camp as he took the cake out and started to put frosting on it. Edd was an excellent baker having to take up baking as well as drawing. He placed the vanilla cake with white frosting and strawberry sauce with cherries on a table in the cafeteria along with some plates. “There was no forks or spoons so I suppose we need to get them out of the storage closet, but there was plenty of knives!” Edd took out a bunch of really sharp machetes, some even colored with a faint red stain that looked suspicious. Luckily a few were dull and rusty, but some looked new.
Elias looks back at the cabin he was staying at and tilts his head to the side. Looking for a way to climb up on top of the structure. He notices a few places he woukd be able to get habd hold of and nods.

He takes a running starts and the starts making the climb. In under 3 minutes, Elias stood at the top of the Cabin in which he was staying. He takes a moment to survey his surroundings before nodding and cracking his knuckles.

He smikrs before taking a running stary and jumping off the building while doing a flip. But he doesn't meet the hard ground.

Elias is lifted into the air by his powerful wings which shone with the light of his inner flames. He takes a moment to take in the moment before deciding to fly around the camp grounds.
Once the tables and chairs were set up, Sox took a moment to stretch after the exertion. Mana-charged or no, it was always good to cool down muscles after moving furniture.

At his question about noise in the woods, Sox tilts her head curiously. "N-no," she says, "but the ambient mana here is a bit odd. There might be critters out there? Dryads or something?" She wasn't new to the prospect of nature spirits and other forest dwellers being weird, her own species sometimes got up to the same things, but she was also getting a bit worried about Edd. He seemed... off somehow. Her fingers moved to her bracelet, fiddling with it slightly while she listened to his request to bring the two campers in.

"Sure," she replied, "Oh, and I had a thought. If you know where some paper, tape, and ideally a marker or two are, I figure I could take those spare chairs and make some signs to lead people here, just in case anyone else shows up."

If the materials are available, she does so and places them first.

She first generally speaking finds Elias, but doesn't bug him yet. She'd find Liliath before interrupting his wing-time. It didn't take her too long to find the girl exploring a large tree. Most people might get nervous about a kid being so far up, but Sox used to climb a lot as well, and reognized the girl's sure footing and grip as more than enough to keep her safe.

"Hey Liliath, anything interesting up there? Either way, there will be cake in a bit, apparently," Sox calls.
Liliath at this point had found a bird nest and saw 3 little eggs in it. 2 birds landed on the nest and Liliath happily watched them. "Yes! There is a bird nest with baby bird eggs, I hope they come out soon. Cake sounds yummy." Liliath quickly climbed down. "On this camp I am going to find so many animals and I will go treasure hunting."
Elias watches the camp below him, before closing his eyes as he goes higher and higher. He then spots sox and decises to watch her do whatever she was about to.

He tilts his head as he wtaches Sox stop infront of a tree which held the little girl from earlier. He wills himself to shrink in size before free falling towards them

Edd decided while he waited to get the things Sox requested. He found a giant banner and scissors and even a few markers, even tho the markers had some mold on them somehow... he put the cake inside a small glass covering so the bugs wouldn’t eat it. He walked out of the cafeteria and managed to find the whole group near a tree and he walked up next to Sox looking at Liliath smiling gently. “I found the paper you needed.” He turned his attention to Sox before his gaze focused back on Liliath. “I made cake!” His smile grew as he looked at Liliath. “I only found machetes one the closet tho... I think they were here before this camp got renamed I think it was called crystal lake or something before they renamed it.” Edd shrugged before smiling. “It’s still pretty so I don’t care.” He then turned his gaze back to the forest as soft singing could be heard and his smile disappeared. “Do you guys hear singing? I swear I think I’m losing my mind.” He slowly made his way towards the forest before peering into it and turned back around. “I think there’s something in this forest.”

He yelled this to the rest before he took in a deep breath. He was told since this was a fantasy forest dangerous fantasy characters could be in it. Like dragons and even Bigfoot or something. A small rumor about a kraken living in the lake near the camp even popped up in his highschool, but Edd didn’t really pay attention. It could also be fairy’s as well, tho he wasn’t so sure of the chances. Sirens also exist and were labeled ‘dangerous’ a few years ago in the book of creatures. Edd drew in a breath before he walked back to the group. “I’m gonna go get one of those machetes, I’ll be right back-“

A few minutes later Edd came back smiling gently again as he had a machete in his hand. “I’m just gonna politely ask the person who is singing to keep it down because I don’t feel like becoming insane.” Edd paused before his face turned straight and he looked at the small group. “But I wouldn’t mind if someone can come with me-“
Sox had been a bit distracted by Liliath's cute excitement as all of this was going on, but snapped to attention at Edd's plan, slightly concerned about the implied danger and lack of wisdom.

"If you'd like, I can go by myself. My kind are descended from forest folk, after all, and I can take care of myself without one of those.... eerily stained machetes," she says reassuringly, a hint of discomfort about the suspicious blades coming into her voice with the last statement, "Speaking of, it might be good to wash those off more thoroughly and put them somewhere safer. Let's.... not use those. Worst case, I keep some utensils in my car for emergency, as well as in the kit in my bag. Girl scout habit." She smiles with that last comment.

"Anyway, if you're willing, I can take care of talking to the locals for you. It won't be my first time doing this kind of thing."
((Accidentally hit "reply" instead of "edit"))
"Are there creatures here in this forest? How amazing let's search for them!" Liliath looked around in the hope of seeing a strange creature "I wanna come too, 6 eyes see more then four."
Nori-Vea (played by Mernaga)

Nori muttered a goodbye to his foster dad before closing the car door and lugging his bag away as the car pulled out and left. The 14 year old wasn’t very excited about the idea camp, but got the feeling he’d enjoy the summer slightly more here than cooped up in his foster home... When he spotted a group of counselors and campers, he started heading over to them to at least find out more about where he should put his stuff.

Edd nodded at Sox before the glimmer of a car leaving could be seen and he let out a sigh. “Sox, I’ll come with you just in case. It’s not that I don’t trust you it’s just that o don’t want anything going wrong.” He smiled as he looked at the sort of dull machete and then back at Sox. “It was the sharpest one there. And you’re right, we should clean them and hide them away from the children.”

After he heard Liliath’s comment he turned to her and shook his head. “No, it might be too dangerous. If it’s fairy’s then why not build them a small shack out of sticks and then come back and check on the shack tomorrow morning.” Edds smile sort of gave in before reappearing as the song seemed to be getting louder. At this point, it was either a bunch of fairy’s or a siren... Edd was already walking into the forest before he turned his gaze to Liliath. “Why don’t you go with Elias and see if anyone new has come and welcome them for us please.” He smiled gently before he walked fully into the woods, but stopped midway before he turned his head to Sox. “Well, think it’s worth the risk to charge or do a sneak attack?”
"Legally aren't we required to have at least one person keeping an eye...?" she begins asking. "Wait, wait," she sighs, pulling out a smart phone, "This should... not meet the legal requirements, but at least make me feel better."

She sends a quick message, and then puts it away.

"There, at least we'll have eyes in the sky," she says, still not completely pleased, "Hopefully she'll stay high enough to not cause damage."

"Oh, actually, that's not a bad idea! Liliath, this may help you out," Sox says more eagerly, grabbing her phone again. She looks something up quickly, and then locks her phone to the web-page, before handing it to the girl. "Be careful with it, but this might actually get you in good with any sprites around here," Sox says with a wink.

The webpage is "SunSpark Arcane Materials Limited Guide to Forest Denizens and You! Simple wasy of building homes, shrines, and other inviting structures for Pixies, Sprites, and other sapient woodland friends!" It's obviously made by corporate marketting, and enourages purchase of magically active items from SunSpark AM Ltd., but does also make it clear that they aren't necessary, and that the described projects are good for everyone from school children looking to explore the wonders of magical communities in their back yards to company managers trying to start negotiations for new infrastruture in forested areas.

There are writting instructions, but also very helpful pictograms.

That done, she gives Liliath a playful wink before saying, "Maybe you'll make some extra special friends while you're here." Sox then goes to follow Edd, opening her fan as she walks.

At his suggestions of approach, her jaw drops in an expression of mild horror. "No!" she exclaims, "See, this is exactly why I said I should go alone. No offence, but you humans can be so... so bloodthirsty." She makes a sound of mild disgust. "The forest dwellers will know it, too. Diplomacy. Using words does wonders to let you solve problems without conflict, and as a kitsune I'm in a good position to do that. Most dryads, for example, would talk to me as eagerly as they'd hypnotize you, which is very. Don't think I'm naïve, I am ready to defend myself, but that comes after talking and politely asking."

She shakes her head, closing her fan with a clack. "Just... don't do anything rash and figure out a way to put away the blade, at least, please."
Chess (played by RedPandaF0x)

With a wicked glint in my eye I noticed the group that had assembled around. I should probably walk up to them. Quickly, I changed my eyes to a kind and nonconfrontational blue. I then slowly walked up to the group.

"Hellooooo~" I said almost bouncing around. "I noticed there was a little group around here, and I wanted to see what was happening. My parents dropped me off here because I was annoying them. Isn't that kind of funny? I could have changed their minds but they didn't tell me until last minute. I am 15 years old." I finished with a wide grin.

"Oh~ And my name is Chess. May I be so kind to ask for all of yours?" I said with a polite smile. "I mean I will be spending a lot of time-or at the very least- I will be seeing you around a lot. And I prefer to get to know everyone here at least a little." I withdrew into the depths of my mind and came back out. "Do you have any hobbies? I prefer reading." I half-lied. I was OK with reading but somethings I preferred more. "Anywho-" I added. "I love to draw."

((How long are we required to make these?))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Camp Happy Tree. a "normal" fantasy summer camp

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus