Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 1x1 with Exaala

Nicky Lee (played by LuciferBrimstone) Topic Starter

"I'm most at home in narrow places," Nick replied, still listening for the lizard thing. "I don't mind it, so long as I can get out again. If I can't then we might have a problem, but I use my slightness to my advantage."
Zepttyl and Zettal (played by Exaala)

Zepttyl nodded and proceeded to search through the areas accessible to it. Unfortunately it seemed that the lizard like monster was either in one of the apartments or back in the tunnels. The machine made it's way back down the staircase and stopped by a rather small hole in the wall that it had left open previously. The rectangular opening was placed close to the ground and was usually covered by a metal mesh which now rested on the floor. Zepttyl didn't know what was the purpose of the system of tunnels but it knew a sharp turn upwards existed only a meter or two away from the opening. It barely managed to climb up it a few hours ago.
-"I can't promise that you won't get stuck." The android said honestly while leaning against the wall beside the entrance to the tunnels.

"No one can really promise anything," Nick pointed out as he made sure the sheath was securely fastened on his back before poking his head into the tunnel to take a look around. "I'm thin so that should help somewhat... What direction are we going, up or down?"

-"I went up last time, i don't know if there even is a down." Zepttyl explained.
-"Following the lizard in there is really easy, it makes a lot of noise." The machine smiled enthusiastically.

Nick carefully wormed his way into the hole- once his shoulders were in it was fairly easy going. He stopped to listen for the lizard thing, frowning slightly in concentration. "I don't hear it yet, do you?"

Zepttyl followed after Nick without much difficulty. It's small, lithe body moved quickly through the narrow, metal bound space but it was patient and didn't rush the human.
-"No" It sighed in disappointment. The machine was sure they would locate the creature very quickly.

He carefully chimneyed his way up the pipe, trying not to slip and fall on Zepttyl's head. He was fairly silent as he did so, still listening for the lizard thing.
"How long do these pipes go on?"

"They continue upwards like this until maybe the second floor and after that they branch out. Everything starts to look like a maze pretty quickly..." Zpettyl replied in a low voice, realizing only a second later that it made the situation seem rather hopeless.

"Is there anything we can attract it with?" he asked bleakly, bracing himself when he started to slip. "Whoa." It took a minute but he got his balance back and continued up, shaking his head to get his hair out of his eyes. "Like, is there somethin' it likes to eat or somethin'?" he continued like nothing had happened.

For a moment Zepttyl thought the human would fly down and get them both back to where they started. Still the machine itself was close to sliding down itself and due to that couldn't complain. The main reason why it got Nick to lead the way was so it wouldn't end up crushing him if it fell while climbing this part of the tunnels.
-"I don't know! I've been hunting it for only a day." The android justified itself.
-"Maybe it eats insects?"

"Well, I don't have any spare bugs on me, do you?" he grunted, hauling himself into a desperate shaft once they got to the second floor so he could catch his breath. "What is it, a dog and a lizard? Maybe some meat or somethin'... I dunno. If you were that thing what would you eat?"

Zepttyl seated itself on the edge where the horizontal and vertical tunnel connected. It didn't feel tired but rather bored and in need of a mechanic who would re-fill its battery, check it for rust and of course fix up its precious machine gun which never quite left the androids mind.
-"Bugs,i would eat bugs." Zepttyl said still stubbornly believing that it's first assumption was correct.
-"It's too small to eat anything bigger... but, it might not be a carnivore at all. Maybe we should try luring it with a carrot?" The machine suggested seriously.
Still before it could climb down and ask the humans for a carrot or two a low hiss reached it's ears. It hadn't heard the lizard like monster make such a noise before but it was very sure that the little demon was capable of doing so.
The android turned a few times excited that the creature voiced its presence but realized that it couldn't recognize where the noise was coming from due to it echoing through the passages.

Nick frowned at the hiss, trying to pinpoint where it was coming from. "Well, it's in here alright... Just pick a corridor, I guess."
He started army crawling his way down the tunnel he was already situated in, thankful that he wasn't broad shouldered or anything because that would make his job that much harder. He was also glad he wasn't claustrophobic or he'd be dead right about now.

Without a word Zepttyl quickly turned and entered the tunnel behind it. Being it's impatient self the android rushed through the tight space hitting the side walls with its shoulders and elbows, occasionally it would even manage to bang it's head against the metal surface above.
For a moment the hissing stopped but continued very quickly. Still this was enough for the machine to realize that the racket it was creating could easily scare off the creature. It slowed down and proceeded to search the tunnels but now more careful and silent.

Nick was more stealthy about the whole procedure; he took the whole ninja thing seriously. He hardly made a sound as he wriggled his way through the tunnels, following what he hoped were the sounds of the lizard thing and trying not to scare it away. Now was when he wished he had a carrot or something to offer it, since he was normally pretty good with animals- better than he was with humans, anyways.
He stopped a moment to listen, wincing at the loud banging the droid had made for a period. That certainly wouldn't help their cause. But it seemed to realize what it was doing and quieted down some, bringing Nick back to the task at hand.

very soon Zepttyl reached a point where the tunnels split into multiple directions again. Presented with a choice to either go upward or make a turn it continued left unwilling to climb again. The machine suspected that the rout it took was the wrong one, it could barely hear the hissing now. As it moved forward the noise just continued to fade.
Zepttyl was just about to head back but then noticed something familiar. It was similar to metal being scratched with a sharp stone and the android quickly recognized the sound as the lizards claws damaging the walls. It was somewhat confused though as it was very sure that the hissing and scratching came from different directions.

Nick soon came to a fork like that as well, deciding to go up to see where that'd take him. The hissing only seemed to be getting louder, so he figured he was on the right track. It seemed to be getting hotter, too, and he wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing; he just hoped there wasn't boiling water or something ready to dump down on his head if he made the slightest mistake.
The tunnel seemed to widen out in the space above him, like a cave or something- how odd. Slowly he poked his head out of the tunnel like a gopher and took a look around.

Zepttyl followed the sound of the creatures clawed paws due to it being the louder of the two noises it heard. It wasn't long before it found the little monster but it still needed to capture it and that somewhat more difficult. The creature could more easily maneuver through the limited environment and seemed to be smart enough to use the fact that the android had difficulty making turns. Soon enough the machine was creating a racket again. Whenever it reached out to capture the lizard it would slip right through its hands and leap a good distance away. Still, Zepttyl was set on accomplishing its task and so stubbornly continued to chase after it.
It's efforts were rewarded ten or fifteen minutes later and the machine then found pleasure in yelling and talking to the small demon that caused it so much trouble. Originally it intended to kill the creature upon capturing it but now that it could see it up close a wish to keep it as its own property appeared in the childish android. It petted its head a few times before starting its trip back to where it and the human split up still holding the lizard in its hand. Zepttyl didn't remember exactly which way it took but still hurried back as it realized the hissing came from somewhere else. It became worried that something else was in the tunnels and the machine was unwilling to hunt any more monstrosities at this place.

Nick got this really horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach- something was wrong here. He started to slip down the tunnel to tell Zepttyl that they should probably bail now when the larger thing came into sight. It was a bigger one of the monster they had been chasing, looking like a cross between a Komodo dragon and a Doberman and boy, it did not look happy.
His breath caught in his throat, Nick slowly lowered himself down the tunnel, trying to be inconspicuous about it. "Zep... Zep, we got a problem," he whispered, trying to keep his voice down to avoid catching the creature's attention.

Luckily Zepttyl found its way back through the tunnels very quickly and started a search for it's human ally. It noted that the passage he took lead to something much more noisy than the little lizard-dog. It concluded that this other creature was most probably the one truly causing all the commotion in the building and unfortunately due to this they would have to hunt it as well. The machine expected it to be something similar to the creature in it's hand, small and harmless, but only louder.
It's thinking changed upon seeing Nick and hearing his warning. The android remained still and quiet in order to make sure they wouldn't be noticed while exiting the tunnels and waited for the man to come closer and explain the situation. Still the small demon in it's hand seemed to want just the opposite and so it began to screech and attempt to escape. Zepttyl frowned down at it and attempted to silence it by holding its tiny body more tightly in it's palm. Still all it received in response was more high pitch cries.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 1x1 with Exaala

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus