Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 1x1 with Exaala

Nicky Lee (played by LuciferBrimstone) Topic Starter

Nick finally turned himself so his back was to the wall; from this angle he could see everything and everyone and anything that looked remotely dangerous. His senses were on high alert as Zepttyl messed with its arm, taking notice of everything that happened and not relinquishing his grip on his black and white katana handle.
Just in case.
Zepttyl and Zettal (played by Exaala)

Zepttyl scratched around the inside of the metal limb for a few minutes before slowly and tensely moving the it's right hand. It smiled slightly and tested the mobility of the arm some more while the slim tool still remained stuck between two folds of it's thick skin. Every few seconds it would move the tool a few millimeters and twitch fold it's fingers. Once it was fully satisfied with it's work so far the android grabbed another implement form the box and used it to plant a very small, thin chip into elbow. After this both tools were removed.
The limb still looked crushed and broken after this but at least it could move and the machine was rather happy about that.

"Good-" he began before noticing a familiar and not so welcome face. "Zep... We gotta go now..."
It was the cougar man from before, and it looked like he was sniffing the air like he was hunting for some prey.
"Zep," he said again, crouching slightly and partially unsheathing his katana. "C'mon..."

Zepttyl had already noticed the monstrous man but only once Nick became eager to leave the machine remembered where it had seen the creature before. Still it didn't feel like running now, it's had just fixed it's limb and all of its weapons were right there ready for use. It attached the needed ammunition to the weapon on its left arm and then loaded the two guns as well before putting them into holsters located on its belt. It closed and locked it box and then turned to take a better look at the cougar man.
-"I'm sure we can beat this guy." Zepttyl commented as an amused and excited smile stretched over it's lips.

"There's a time and a place to beat him, now is not one of them," he hissed, ducking slightly as the cougar happened to glance their way. "It's too crowded in here and potentially more people could join in on the fight for no reason other than there's a fight going on," he pointed out, looking for an exit. "Later, but not now."

"No,he'll just keep following us around and causing us problems. He didn't see me before so i could even get close to him and finish it in a second." Zepttyl whined childishly while frowning. The little machine refused to budge and stood in plain sight instead of moving away and trying not to be spotted.
"If a fight breaks out and everyone jumps in we can run then."

"Zepttyl, this is a really bad idea," Nick warned his android friend, frowning as the cougar man seemed to catch his scent. "I swear to God this is a bad idea... Let's at least go out to the alley, I have more room out there and can help fend him off. C'mon."

Zepttyl remained unhappy but stopped resisting and silently obeyed the human. It was very eager to fight but the way it was warned made the android hesitate. It had to figure out on it's own what Nick meant by bad idea and due to that it thought of events and outcomes it personally feared. Though the machine wasn't quite spooked a feeling close enough to fear started to build up in it's chest. This was enough to make it more careful.

Nick hurried along to the back entrance in an alley, knowing full well the cougar would follow them. He slipped outside, unsheathed his katana, and shooed Zep a little farther away. "Go that way, I'll be right here." He slipped to the door and waited behind it, wisely staying out of the door opening perimeter.
There was dead silence for maybe a minute and then the door burst open, missing Nick by an inch or so. The cougar glanced both ways, not seeing the human yet because of the door and instead frowning at the android.
It was only his good hearing that prevented him from being cleaved in half by Nick's sword as he whirled at the sound of the blade and parried the blow with his claws. The two started fighting, the human struggling to keep up with the cougar's speed.
"I thought I'd killed you, human," the cougar snarled, taking a swipe at Nick. "No matter, I'll just kill you again."

Of course the reckless, combative machine didn't just stand aside and observe. It refrained from using shooting at the cougar man knowing that from such a distance it could easily hit it's comrade as well. Instead it charged forward, bending down to gain more speed as it moved. The android appeared very small and fragile compared to the monster they were up against but this didn't make it any less confidant. Once it came close enough to it's enemy Zepttyl jumped up while still moving forward and attempted to land a kick at the monsters abdomen.

The cougar snarled in surprise as he got bowled off his feet by the sudden force, swinging out at Nick in a reflex. He parried the blow quickly with his sword and swung down at him. The cougar was slashed in the shoulder, having only partly deflected the blow, and he let out a rather feline scream of pain and slashed at Nick again. This time the human let out a yelp and backed off quickly as the cougar staggered jerkily to his feet and bounded away, not wanting to take on the human and machine at the same time. It wasn't that stupid.

Seeing it's enemy run off disappointed Zepttyl somewhat. It had time to make only one move and it's human comrade did most of the work. Still the cougar was not down yet and the machine proceeded to fire two or three shots from both of it's guns at it while it retreated.
"I told you we can take care of him." Zepttyl said feeling the need to prove himself right.

Nick was breathing heavily, leaning against the wall with one hand on his side and the other still clutching his sword.
"Yeah, sure," he gasped, closing his eyes for a moment and wincing in evident pain even though he was doing his best to hide it.

"Is it too bad?" Zepttyl asked already sure that the human was wounded in the battle. It walked over to him and waited silently for an answer. Concern was slowly building up in the young machine and soon it became evident in it's eyes.

"I'm fine," the stubborn human insisted, even though he wasn't. "I'm fine, I'll get over it." He wiped his sword on his shirt and sheathed it again, now placing both hands on his side to both hide and stop the bleeding. He really hated cats right now.

"I think we should get you fixed too." Zepttyl said while it's eyes remained glued to the bleeding wound it's human friend hid from it. The android didn't know much about how the human body worked and didn't understand if the man was in danger or not. Worried but also curious it reached out and attempted to move away Nick's hands.

Nick flinched slightly as it moved his hands away, his breath catching in his throat, although he made no move to stop it from looking.
The cougar had slashed his side, giving him one particularly deep gash, one slightly smaller one, and two that were basically just scratches. The first two were the ones that were bleeding the most, as was evident by the darkening of Nick's black shirt and the red smears on his hands as Zepttyl took them away.

"I don't think he damaged anything vital." The android spoke comparing the humans body to it's own which was in danger of failing only once a specific important component of it was damaged.
"But there is a lot of blood coming out." It paused. "Blood is very important for you humans,right?"
Zepttyl didn't wait for a reply and was already ripping some of it's clothing so that it can press on the wound. The machine was always cowered in many layers of fabric and now it used a piece of black cloth that was resting on a layer closer to it's skin. It was cleaner than that on the top and Zepptyl remembered that it should attempt to keep it's comrades injury clean.

Nick hissed slightly when it pressed on the wound, biting back a snarl of pain. His shoulders tensed up instinctively as if he was bracing himself for a punch or something, and he watched Zepttyl do whatever it was he was doing to help.
"Yeah, we kinda need blood," he replied through clenched teeth. "If we lose too much we die."

"what do i do to stop it. It's still coming out through the cloth." Zepptyl asked in a rather calm voice that was laced with curiosity and a slight bit of worry. It was scared that something bad would happen to it's friend and this fear was noticeable but still the android wasn't panicking.
"Should i press on it harder?" It asked seeing the amount of pain the human was already in.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 1x1 with Exaala

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus