Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 1x1 with Exaala

Nicky Lee (played by LuciferBrimstone) Topic Starter

Nick's eyes widened and he waved Zepttyl away, backing away quickly from the tunnel. "Let it go, let it go- CRAP!"
There was a snarling sound as the angry mother started coming through the pipes to find her offspring, having distinctly noted the frightened and pained squeaks and furiously coming to its rescue.
Zepttyl and Zettal (played by Exaala)

The monster rushing down towards them was still out of Zepttyl sight but the machine already understood that they were dealing with a creature much worse than it though.It obeyed the human and let go of the lizard quickly as if the little devil had sunk its teeth into its hand or done something similar. The android had no time to waste on anger but it couldn't help but curse at the small monster as it watched it run off to the larger one.
Without ammunition, in such a tight space Zepttyl knew it would definitely be either wounded or killed if the demon caught up to them. It turned back and headed for the exit aware that if it didn't move the human wouldn't be able to go past it.

Nick shooed the machine farther down the tunnel, placing a hand on the hilt of his sword as the thing sniffed its baby before turning to them with a snarl. "Crap... Keep going, keep going- just get away, if we leave it alone maybe it'll leave us alone."
One could always hope.

Although wanting to move quickly and get away, Zepttyl was simply unable to crawl through the tunnel any faster. It started to panic, turning around to see if it was still the human behind it and not a horrific monster. Paying no attention to what is in front of it like this the machine didn't notice the change of direction and ended up flying down a tunnel. To prevent it's neck being broken and ending up paralyzed in a situation like this the android positioned its hands in front of its body. It could clearly hear some of the components inside its right arm break and after attempting to move it it realized that its lower arm is motionless and limp. Still,use to these kinds of injuries Zepttyl just continued moving but unfortunately it was no even slower.

Nick winced at the sound of the android's arm breaking, unsheathing his katana with a ring that resounded in the small space and aiming it in front of him to keep the thing at a distance. It wasn't happy, that was for sure, and the last thing he needed was to get attacked in a tiny space like this. He glanced behind him to see if Zepttyl was out of the way yet, keeping the monster in his peripheral vision warily. "You know where you're goin', buddy? You okay down there?"

-"Yes" Zepttyl replied quickly. It recognized the tunnel it had just fell through as the the one which connected the 2nd floor with the ground floor. There was only one way it could go now and that was towards the exit which it remembered was very close. The android was glad to know that it would soon be granted more space to move and if needed fight but had to admit that the hall and staircase were rather cramped as well. Exiting the entire building and facing the monster outside if it was willing to follow them that far seemed to be a good option, though running away for now and returning better prepared was even better.
Close to escaping the tunnels the machine looked back once again to see how far behind it's human comrade was.
-"You coming?"

"Yeah, be there in a sec," he replied, not taking his gaze from the thing. He felt for the tunnel with his foot, finally reaching it and pausing a heartbeat to sheathe his katana again. It was then that the monster lunged, but Nick took a step back and free fell down the tunnel, watching it go over his head with an irate snarl. Then he looked down and noticed the ground approaching at a rather rapid pace and flung his arms and legs out to slow his fall, slipping a moment against the tunnel wall before coming to a stop.
"Watch your head," he called down before dropping the few extra feet down and landing on his feet like a cat, crouching down and looking up the tunnel searching for the lizard thing.

Zepttyl didn't waste time and was already at the exit. It reached its left hand out of the tunnel and placed it on the ground before pushing itself out. In only a few seconds it was on its feet and quickly began to examine its right arm. The limb could be made usable again even if damaged and broken. The android succeeded at doing something similar in the past with it's leg and was very sure that it could pull it off again. It worked in a rushed pace and not too carefully figuring that the arm couldn't be made any worse than it was at the moment. It searched for the place where the top layers of skin and metal could be slightly moved at the joint and then attempted to reattach the wires which acted as the main nerves of the limb. Unfortunately even upon reconnecting everything that was separated by the fall the machines lower arm remained motionless. It seemed that it was too damaged.

Nick scurried out the tunnel as well, unsheathing his sword again, shifting into a combat position just in case the thing decided to pursue them. "You okay, Zepttyl? I heard something break," he commented, feeling a little stupid at pointing out the obvious. He wasn't sure if he could help with that; he had some medical experience and could easily fix a broken arm, but a machine didn't exactly have the same anatomy or work the same as a human.

-"Something did break." Zepttyl explained while waving its elbow in the air to show the limp part of the arm.
-"It's alright though,ill manage without it."
The android glanced at the humans weapon and examined his stance.
-"Wouldn't it be a better idea to run now?" It questioned without much concern whether or not it would be considered a coward due to it's words. It had no functional weapon and only one good arm so it's chances in a fight wouldn't be that good.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Let's go before it decides to come after us," he agreed, ushering the machine away although he didn't sheath his katana again- just in case. "Do we have a plan or anything?"

-"Not really." Zepttyl admitted. "I'm no good with plans."
The android rushed outside but instead of running off paused and turned back.
-"I do know where we should go now. I need some ammo and if we're not in a hurry to come back here we could also get some more weapons." It slowly started to walk and extended it's hand to point at the direction of a small road slipping between a pair of old buildings.
-"We should go this way."

"I'll follow you. We need to fix up your gun and your arm, too," Nick reminded him, "you won't be much good in a fight if you can't really fight back. But don't look at me to fix it, cuz I don't know nothin' about guns and I'm awful with electronics. I only know how to rig a bomb and disarm it, that's all."

"well then i better find someone else to fix me, i wouldn't like it if you turned my arm into a bomb." Zepttyl laughed while entering the shadows. They could easily reach their destination by following well know roads through the city but those were crowded so the android preferred to lead them through a dark route where less people could see its metal body and the weapons both were carrying. Zepttyl was also pretty sure that this way was a shortcut and would save them some time.
It ran but at a slow place. Now it was sure the monster wouldn't come outside it's lair to chase after them and the machine didn't care much about what happened to the humans back in the building.

He smiled slightly, agreeing that a bomb for an arm wouldn't end well at all. Nick blended in with the shadows of the alley quite well, what with his black attire (besides the yellow radioactive sign on his shirt, the dirty white toes on his converses, and his faded red bandana, of course) and his thick black hair.
He decided it would be safe to sheathe his weapon again and did so, taking a deep breath as he glanced around the alley.
"Where we goin'?"

"To a small industrial area on the outskirts of the city. There a lot of warehouses there that had been left behind empty by a bankrupt company. I left my stuff there and i know that a few people who keep a large amount of weapons in the hangars would be willing to sell us some. Also, the place is more often visited by androids than humans so I'm sure we'll find someone to fix me." Zepttyl explained.
The machine figured that Nick wouldn't mind them going to a shady place like that so it didn't hide any details. It only hoped the human didn't mind abominations as it had seen a bunch of them at the location as well.

He nodded silently, not really caring if the place was shady or not. He'd been to shady places before so he'd gotten used to them by now- he just hoped that it wasn't somehow illegal so they'd get busted when he was in there and he got arrested. That, after all, was just his luck.
As for abominations, again, he didn't really care so long as they didn't try to rip his head off or otherwise touch him. Then he'd have a problem and have to bust some heads, but until then he was fine.

It took the two more than an hour to reach their destination due to Zepttyl making a wrong turn. Since it suspected the human following it didn't know the area the machine attempted to hide it's mistake and quietly lead them back to the path they should have stayed on. On top of that it also forgot which building it left it's ammo, spear parts and other belongings in and another fifteen minutes went by with it just standing still and thinking. Once it finally did remembered it only laughed lightly and smiled like a silly child as if attempting to indirectly ask Nick for forgiveness.
The warehouse they entered was almost completely full. Many people left their things here but everything was kept in different sized metal boxes too heavy for most of the visitors to move. This was all to prevent thievery and it seemed to be working rather well as things were only stolen once the owner himself opened a box.
Zepttyl didn't worry that someone would attack it once it unlocked it's box. Even though it was at the moment unusable it's machine gun could still scare off common crooks plus the android wasn't alone, it was accompanied by a human who was armed as well.

Nick instinctively placed a hand on his sword hilt, more out of his worry that somebody'd steal it than out of self defense. His sword was an expensive one, made by one of the finest sword makers in all of Japan, only now the man didn't make swords anymore so the weapon's value was doubled. It was precious to Nick, maybe not only more this reason but also sentimental value as well. The only way someone else would use his katana would be if they took it out of his cold, dead fingers.
Essentially, you touch the sword and you die. Simple as that.
But the need for self protection probably wouldn't be bad either, considering thievery seemed to be common and not a lot of these people looked friendly. He'd rather be safe than sorry.

Zepttyl noticed it's comrade become more tense after they entered the warehouse still it thought it was better that way. There was reason to be worried at a place like this and being careful was a good idea. Still Zepttyl was a rather reckless creature used to getting into trouble wherever it went. It carelessly skipped over to it's box and opened it using a small chip it had hidden underneath it's skin.
Inside the container there was a pair of light guns, a large number of bullets for these two weapons and for the one attached to the androids arm also, a few small hand grenades and in the corner a banged up box with delicate tools inside. These were the cheapest available tools that could be used to fix an advanced machine. Some of them were very old and probably useless but Zepttyl didn't intend to get new ones any time soon and kept them.
The implement it took automatically without much thinking was slim long and somewhat hook-like at the end. Using it the android attempted once more the same procedure it did previously. It searched out the small space on it's arm through which it could reach the "nerve" and using the strange tool it attempted to reattach anything that could have been disconnected.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 1x1 with Exaala

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus