Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Character Race Game (Dice & Raffle)

((This seems like a fun way to test out my newest character! :D))

((9: DRAGON!!))

“Where are they....?” Gicela grumbled softly to himself. Once again, his party had split up and he was the only one without a partner in adventure. Large steps were taken as he crossed the mountains, his scales shining in the light. A large staff in hand, he used it to help him tread such lands. As a large cave came into view, he could feel his nerves rising. However, it was worth a shot.

As he walked into the cave, there sitting was a large dragon, one of golden scales and horns larger than any he had ever seen. “Who enters my cave?” It bellowed in a deep, gravelly tone.

“I am Gicella Atol.” He looked up at the dragon before him, his own draconic features showing. “I seek my friends, other humanoids.”

“I am afraid I have not seen them.” The dragon shook it’s head, “But I see something in you, druid.”

“How did you—?”

“Do not question me. Go north Gicela, and you will find what you seek.” The dragon looked at him calmly

Gicela, though confused, nodded to the dragon, “I will. Thank you.” He started to walk north of the cave, wondering if it was where his friends were.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 9.
Rolled 9: meet the dragon

'Hear ye! hear ye! there be many dangers upon the waters not just beneath them" warned Blackbeard at the approaching dragon that was flying lower towards them

The large amounts of gold they carried on-board attracted a dreadful dragon that landed on the crow's nest.

Rather than waste a good harpoon, the crew had to settle with sharing the loot with none other than the greedy dragon that had refused to budge or leave

Beast and all our crew continued the journey
Yellowbeard (played anonymously)

(One more and I have to get offline)

The men were a bit freaky after seeing the mermaid, and they sighed as she slid under the waves. They headed onward toward where the clue said to go...

Roll 9 - another Dragon!
"There be the brother! Always said they come on twos... never seen it before now though. Hard a starboard. We need to run!"

This dragon was not asleep though. He saw the ship and he took flight. Yellowbeard went below and dragged the princess up atop.

"Spare us of Dragon and I give ye this wench to do what you will."

"The dragon swopped around and said... her jewels too Master Yellowbeard, or I burn your ship to the waterline."

Reluctantly, Yellowbeard pulled out the jewelry box and the Dragon descended, taking the box in one talon and the princess by the neck of her dress in the other. The last heard was her fading screams as the dragon disappeared in the distance...

Note: Stagger stagger roll crawl crawl crawl...

Multi-talented Merchant (played by MasterWinter)

Dice Roll: 5 - Another Map!

The male was hot on the trail of possible valuable items to add to his shop. One could never have too many items in the shop to, hopefully, bring a sizable profit into his pockets. His boots made no sound as he traveled, the art of stealth was a top skill of his. Khan would soon give pause, as he held a paw up to cover his eyes, which was slightly ironic due to the fact his hood was pulled down over his face.

Khan was dressed from head to toe in black. The only thing to be seen of the male, if his hood was moved just right, was a cat shaped nose and whiskers near said nose. The male stood at a towering six foot three, with a muscle build to him which was hard to see with the clothing he wore. They were designed with fighting and stealth in mind. Which again leads to irony, due to the fact that currently there wasn't any real place for him to hide if needed.

Going over the map he’d originally obtained, and following it to where it told him to go..Khan was utterly disappointed by the time he reached his destination.

“...Another map. Really?” Khan grumbled.

The tiger tucked it into one of his pouches on his belt, his tail flicked in annoyance, then would head off to the new spot on the map.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 5.
Rolled 9: meet dragon

Alas one could think dragons are like rats, once one has found a hearty pile of treasure, another soon follows suits.

So as to not anger the well acquainted beasts, Blackbeard determined to let them keep another share of treasure and the main mast to rest upon, warning the crew not to anger the new pets
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 12.
Rolled 12: mermaids

Women are capricious and vicious when they live at sea, loneliness pushes them to pursue the prey persistently

Just as the crew had managed to settle the two dragons, the sweet alluring voices of the mermaids called out to them again.

This time, however, the greedy dragons dispatched them with a soar and a flare of flames.

Blackbeard smiled satisfied, it seemed these beasts could be part of the crew after all.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 8.
((Rolling again!))

((1:pirates))

Gicela had reached the seas, now even more confused. How could his friends be here? He had not seen them in a very long time, and none had tried to contact him even with spells. As he approached the dock, a human lady with long red hair came to him.

“Well hello there big fella,” She started with a chuckle, “Want a ride across? It’ll be a couple o’ silver though.”

Gicela thought for a moment, “Very well.” He handed her the silver before she showed him where to board. The moment he had however, he realized his mistake. Surrounded by drinking, sword and gum wielding pirates, they all eyed him as if he was a threat. The girl introduced him, but it would be a long, long ride.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 1.
Rolled 8: Fell asleep

Drunken with rum, tired from the rowing and day's fighting and feeling strangely safe under the greedy dragons watch, our crew and brave captain Blackbeard slumped to a deep sleep.

They needed to be fresh for a new day on sea.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 2.
After the strange one glance encounter with the mermaid , The pirates ship went to stop near a nearby port and Cronus decided to leave the ship , bidding the pirates and their captain farewell. Leaving off the ship , they decided to wonder up the nearby mountain as they climbed up the mountain they reached a point near a cave where torches were lit down a narrow path. They without hesitations walked in and as they took separate steps towards what to seemed to edge of the cave where the torches stopped. Then as Cronus walked , they felt a snap of a twig underneath them as something was heard from the distance, A growl.

'Oh-' Cronus's face turned pale as they were about to turn to run out of the cave, Before they could turn a 180 out of the halls, A dragon came to their view towering over them as they started to sweat. The dragon roared as Cronus took no time to turn and run.
((Keeping my storyline going as well))

((8: fell asleep))

As the waves rocked the ship, and it grew later into the night, Gicela couldn’t keep his eyes open anymore. He went to the room provided to him after offering a little extra coin and laid in the straw bed. It didn’t take long as his eyes closed and he slowly fell asleep.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 8.
Rolled 2: got lost

With the Captain Blackbeard, the crew and even the dragons asleep, the ship drifted away further into the sea.

By the time they all woke up fresh in the morning, they looked horrified to learn they had her again got lost because no one has manned the ship.

Blackbeard took his broken compass and set a new course yet again, where to? Only Neptune knew such a thing
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 12.
Amarkun was planetside of this new world on a wooden ship fulfill the aesthetic of this world, apparently there a he was on a hunt for treasure that may lead to great reward... This made him curious of why this treasure would be grand and how did be made or who even mad it. But that didn't matter now as pirates came to board his ship but when saw the giant of a Necron some of the pirates had their pants to drip yellow liquid from their pants. He then gave the pirates an option... join him or perish in flames. They all instantaneously agreed to join him and some actually bowed at him. Although he wasn't able to find the treasure today... He did gain an additional ship; a start to a new fleet and was able to gain small following.
((Next up is?))

((1: More Pirates!))

The sound of gunshots woke Gicela from his slumber, making him stumble out of bed. Startled, he quickly grabbed his gear before running onto the deck only to see another pirate ship attacking.

Grabbing the sword of one of the fallen people, he rushed to try and help the crew. The sound of swords and cannonballs filled the air as battle wore on, but as it did, more and more enemies boarded the ship. There were too many for Gicela to handle, even when he tried his spells. The boat started to sink, and with a thrust into his side, Gicela went down. The men pushed him off the boat and left after taking what they could. The ship Gicela had been traveling on was now sinking to the bottom of the sea, while he himself was stranded on floating debris with an open wound.
Rolled 12: Mermaids

"Hell knows no fury than that of a woman scorned" such are the words our captain Blackbeard wrote in the diary.

He could not have been more precise, given the lack of direction the lost vessel was soon cast under the spell of bewitching voices.

Blackbeard could only hope the dragons would help, but they weren't moving so he tossed a gold piece overboard and let the roaring beast fry the fishy women
Winter Durant (played by Dndmama)

(( On to the next location! ))

6d2b72e857acb7b7d62adf79bfd872dc.jpgWell, the location the book had lead her to is...a place. It's just not the right place. It's a beautiful place at least. A small bubbling series of waterfalls tumble happily through a large hole in a solid rock face. All around bright green and verdant plants cling and grow. Sitting down at the edge of the pond, Winter pulls out the journal she'd found in the shack and takes another look at the relevant passage. Ah. She sees where she went wrong. This is where the journal's author had come to bath and drink, not dig and seek. An easy enough mistake to make and anyone who tells her otherwise can dunk their heads and not come up for air.

If nothing else, it is a very calm and peaceful place to take a rest. Shedding the outer layers of her clothes, Thalia slips into the water, dowsing her blue hair in the crystal pond. As she comes up for air a small glinting light catches her eye. What have we here? Clambering up the steps of the waterfall, Thalia finally manages to locate a small alcove in which the journal's author had apparently stashed a bottle of rum. So that's what he meant by drink. The woman chuckles and uncorks the bottle. Perhaps this hadn't been a total waste after all.

The adventuress doesn't drain the whole bottle, of course. Random alcohol is too precious to waste downing it all in one shot. It can be used on wounds or in trade. Making sure there's still at least half the liquor left, she stows it in her pack before shaking herself somewhat dry and getting dressed again. Time to move on. There's still other places indicated in her book that she can check. This isn't a lost cause yet!
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 4.

Note: Where does will the old journal lead me?

Dulirn (played by Juls)

Dulirn's Quest for the Magical Cloak
Chapter 3 - Dragon

"Well, that could have gone better..." Dulirn commented, experimenting with the shackles that were around his wrists, the chain secured to a wooden pole.

" 'magine that..." Urir said grouchily, pulling at his own iron bracelets.

Apparently, the king was not only in the mood not to give two strangers 3 strands of his daughter's hair, but he had really not appreciated it when Dulirn had cast 'mage hand' to try to slyly pluck the strands anyway.

"I got the hair at least," the wizard mused. "There was really no need for her to scream the way she did!"

Urir casting nervous glances toward the nearby cave. Sooner or later, the dragon that lived there was bound to make an appearance and the wizard was still talking about princess hair!?
((Next roll!))

It didn't take long before Siira and this alien, who called himself Buzz, to realize they needed to land the ship on the nearest planet to affix the repairs they needed. Another thing that didn't take long for Siira to realize, was what rum was. Buzz rapidly proceeded to dig into his supply once aboard, and by the time they had landed, he was staggering about, dropping tools, and otherwise seemed to be enjoying life.

"Siira...you're my best friend," he claimed attempting to wrap his arm around her shoulder, to which she stepped forwards and counter pulled his arm. She turned and watched him plummet harshly to the earth beside their broken down shuttle, staring at him with an irritated eye.

"Do you remember you were trying to kill me only an hour ago?" she inquired, to which he responded by laughing intently. Eventually the humor subsided, and he looked back up to her.

"Oh I was just kidding darling! Come here and give Buzz a hug!" he said, turning his bulbous body over and pushing himself slowly to his feet.

"Wait," Siira said, now distracted by someone in the distance approaching. The planet was supposed to be empty, but then their sensors weren't working at peak efficiency. "Someone is coming...."

Before a staring Siira and staggering Buzz, the envoy arrived. Four of them carried a giant crate, shaped into a large what looked like vegetable. A curtain was pulled from the side, and out stepped a beautiful dark skinned woman with baggy cloth clothing covering essential areas, while leaving arms and legs exposed.

"I am, Yenaria, princess of Jager," she claimed, looking between the two and choosing to focus her attention more on Buzz than on Siira. "Please, come with me back to my city, there is something important I must discuss with you and your......daughter?"

"Daughter?" Siira excaimed, but she was drown out by the simultaneous words of Buzz overlapping her.

"Well hello there, pretty princess....I got me some rum if you'd like me to bring it. You do look like you like to party, what do you say?

Siira stared exasperated....deciding not argue the age thing with this woman just yet. First she wanted to watch her knock Buzz out, then she could probably have a more serious discussion with this princess of Jager.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 7.
Rolled 9: dragon

Blackbeard gamble paid off well, with the mermaids dispatched rather swiftly, he watched the dragon fly above them in circles a couple of times and return to land to the crow's nest where a good amount of gold had been left up there to keep the beast from landing on deck. The gold piece soon added to the hoarded pile, treasure the pirates had gladly forsaken already
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 4.
((Will Gicela survive?! Probably lol))

((9: Another Dragon))

It seemed like he had been at sea for days before anyone had found him. Luckily however, when he was starting to give up hope, a sea serpent came to his aid. It rose from the depths and took Gicela into it’s claws, bringing him to shore before going back to the sea.

Gicela woke up on shore, unaware of the serpent’s help. He thanked whatever helped him, thinking it was the ocean itself, before getting up and trying to find his way to a town.
Multi-talented Merchant (played by MasterWinter)

-next set up-

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Character Race Game (Dice & Raffle)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus