Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Dark fantasy circus rp ~edited w/ accura (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The plot~

"Darkness Falls" says the ominous sign in the abandoned theme park. The same sign everyone's been accustomed to looking at for a long time... who knows how long. Months? Years? It's hard to tell. Most of those who are trapped here are more concerned about seeing another day than how long they've been here.

Everyone woke up here years ago. No one knew how they got here, or how to escape from this creepy circus in the middle of the woods. Before long, different factions were formed. On one side was the Contortionists, the friendlier bunch who just wanted to go home. On the other were the self-labeled Clowns, meaner folk who aimed to mercilessly kill the Contortionists to rule the circus for themselves.

But now... darkness falls. A mysterious illness has been affecting both factions. It starts with fatigue, then dizziness, and finally a coma. This is no ordinary illness. Once the affected goes into a coma, their mental being is transferred to someone who is unaffected by the illness, no matter if they are the opposing faction. After this stage, they can only communicate to their "host" through their mind, and sometimes with a lot of effort are able to control their host's body. Slowly their hosts becomes weaker, experiencing a variety of symptoms such as dizzy spells or what some might consider "madness," before they drop dead.

Can these two factions unite to figure out what's causing this, and more importantly, how to stop it before it kills them all?

---

So I'm pretty new and not sure how this site works. But I've had this idea for a while and I've been itching to play it out.
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 40%
Romance is slightly desired, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a small group of players.

DeadMenTellNoTales Topic Starter

Roles-

Contortionists:

Leader (open, 1 only)
Members (unlimited)

Clowns:

Leader (open, 1 only)
Members (unlimited)

My character:

Name: Jasper Ridge
Alliance: Clown (member)
Host: Yes
Hostee: PM me
Occupation: loner, but grudgingly takes whatever job he's assigned by the leader
Appearance: Standing 5' 7" tall, Jasper is tan skinned man has a mischievous feel about him. A particularly notable feature is his white, plain eye patch. He has an angular face, a stubby nose, small lips, and his dark brown eyes are large. He has medium-length, curly, dark brown hair which is elaborately styled. He has weak arms, a lean torso, and spindly legs. He wears a dirty grey sweatshirt and black sweatpants.
Personality: Jasper is the sort of person that has so little self-control, it's a wonder he isn't dead yet. He can usually talk himself out of any situation, even if it's in the weirdest way possible. He flirts with anyone that breathes, even if he isn't attracted to them, which leads to an air of awkwardness that he just laughs off. Even so, it's hard to get him to trust anyone. His usual lack of being observant may or may not contribute to that.
Sexuality: homosexual
Crush(es): PM me
Relationships: PM me
History: RP out
Power: Can shoot ice from his hands.
Weapon of choice: knives, when absolutely necessary
Other: n/a
Played by: DeadMenTellNoTales

Name:
Alliance:
Host:
Hostee:
Occupation (spy, loner, killer, etc):
Appearance:
Personality:
Sexuality:
Crush(es):
History:
Power (healing, flight, etc. Not mandatory):
Weapon of choice:
Other:
Played by:

Open to join! Please fill out the forum for your character(s) and wait to be accepted :)

(roleplay thread here)
Name: Celestina Elena
Alliance: Contortionists ( Member )
Hostee: None
Appearance: Much as if she were a flame herself, the contortionist gave off an amber glow and a warm and welcoming feeling. Her skin was a dark tan, and it made her puffy, blood red lips stick out. Her jaw was a triangular shape, and her raven colored hair was pulled into a tight bun to reveal that. The color of her crimson rose that rested in her hair matched the flame that danced across her amber eyes, which absorbed the information around her.
Personality: Celestina can be sparky and stubborn, but she's confusingly generous. She's the type of person who would jump off of a cliff just to prove someone wrong, yet she would also give her life for the ones she cares about. Despite all of this, she attempts to flirt, even if she has the possibility of failing. She looks for the best in people, and searches for trouble whenever she gets the chance.
Sexuality: Bisexual
Crush(es): None
History: Unknown, but she remembers one quote that would describe it; "The difference between a good life and a bad life is how good you are able to walk through the fire."
Power: Hypnotism
Weapon of choice: A single dagger
Other: She has aquaphobia ( fear of water )
Played by: KingOfDorks
Name: Tex
Alliance: Clowns
Host: Y
Hostee: N
Occupation (spy, loner, killer, etc): Loner; he's just trying to survive. No one will get in the way of that.
Appearance: Tex towers over most with his intimidating 6'4" and broad body; a creature of mass and muscle. His hair is choppy and lank and brushes the tops of his wide shoulders, black enough to rival coal against the pallid cream of his skin.

His eyes are much the same jet-black, if one can catch a glimpse behind his choppy bangs. Though, his left isn't as black as his right, instead a red-brown like wet rust.

Much of his form is hidden by oversized clothing; sweatshirts and pants a rather dreary array of green and black, respectively. The one pop of color is the bright red of the fabric tied around his throat. Even the wraps adorning his hands from fingertip to wrist are a sad shade of muddied grey.

Personality: Belying the pure strength he's built for, Tex exudes a continuous state of calm- as if the weight on his shoulders is too heavy for anything else to shake him. He has a great capacity for kindness, the quiet, unassuming kind enacted by soft words and light touches.

And he has an even greater capacity for violence. A trait written into him by blood and conditioning. A trait he does his best to smother.

Crush(es): We'll see...
History: Will be revealed through RP.
Power (healing, flight, etc. Not mandatory): Overclocked strength (not beyond human capabilities, just very rare to tap into. Think of hysterical strength, just continuously.)
Weapon of choice: Brass knuckles.
Other:
Played by: Harbinger

KingOfDorks wrote:
Name: Celestina Elena
Alliance: Contortionists ( Member )
Hostee: None
Appearance: Much as if she were a flame herself, the contortionist gave off an amber glow and a warm and welcoming feeling. Her skin was a dark tan, and it made her puffy, blood red lips stick out. Her jaw was a triangular shape, and her raven colored hair was pulled into a tight bun to reveal that. The color of her crimson rose that rested in her hair matched the flame that danced across her amber eyes, which absorbed the information around her.
Personality: Celestina can be sparky and stubborn, but she's confusingly generous. She's the type of person who would jump off of a cliff just to prove someone wrong, yet she would also give her life for the ones she cares about. Despite all of this, she attempts to flirt, even if she has the possibility of failing. She looks for the best in people, and searches for trouble whenever she gets the chance.
Crush(es): None
History: Unknown, but she remembers one quote that would describe it; "The difference between a good life and a bad life is how good you are able to walk through the fire."
Power: Hypnotism
Weapon of choice: A single dagger
Other: She has aquaphobia ( fear of water )
Played by: KingOfDorks

Harbinger wrote:
Name: Tex
Alliance: Clowns
Host: Y
Hostee: N
Occupation (spy, loner, killer, etc): Loner; he's just trying to survive. No one will get in the way of that.
Appearance: Tex towers over most with his intimidating 6'4" and broad body; a creature of mass and muscle. His hair is choppy and lank and brushes the tops of his wide shoulders, black enough to rival coal against the pallid cream of his skin.

His eyes are much the same jet-black, if one can catch a glimpse behind his choppy bangs. Though, his left isn't as black as his right, instead a red-brown like wet rust.

Much of his form is hidden by oversized clothing; sweatshirts and pants a rather dreary array of green and black, respectively. The one pop of color is the bright red of the fabric tied around his throat. Even the wraps adorning his hands from fingertip to wrist are a sad shade of muddied grey.

Personality: Belying the pure strength he's built for, Tex exudes a continuous state of calm- as if the weight on his shoulders is too heavy for anything else to shake him. He has a great capacity for kindness, the quiet, unassuming kind enacted by soft words and light touches.

And he has an even greater capacity for violence. A trait written into him by blood and conditioning. A trait he does his best to smother.

Crush(es): We'll see...
History: Will be revealed through RP.
Power (healing, flight, etc. Not mandatory): Overclocked strength (not beyond human capabilities, just very rare to tap into. Think of hysterical strength, just continuously.)
Weapon of choice: Brass knuckles.
Other:
Played by: Harbinger

Both accepted! They seem like interesting characters!
Name:Liam Lotus
Alliance: he would rather peace. the contortionist were the ones that he finally had to join because he was afraid of what might happen if he didn't join a faction
Host: yes
Hostee: pm me I don't care whose in my head
Occupation: entertainment. in a world full of death someone needs to be happy. he is especially good at pyrotechnics
Appearance: Liam had a pleasant face that pleased a crowd and a rather nice jawline to match it. His white hair rather complimented his fair skin. He is rather thin, but not in a weak way, he is strong and well muscled he just didn't tone. he almost seems built to please a crowd.
Personality:He is a kind fellow ready to crack a joke as quick as he is to console someone. He can't wait for his evening time to entertain and play with fire. He jumps from one idea to the next but when he is passionate about something he won't let anyone persuade him otherwise.
Sexuality: straight although he isn't looking for a relationship. at the moment he tells people that he is married to the stage.
Crush(es):
History: when he first showed up he was very confused when everyone began choosing sides. why couldn't they all just enjoy eachother's company? he was even more confused when both sides began threatening him to join them or die. at one point they even cut him with a knife before he could run. the clowns had cut him across his chest. even now when he takes off his shirt so he doesn't burn it on stage h you can see the scar. He joined the contortionists because of this. although he doesn't hold it against the clowns, after all they've all been indoctrinated to think that the other faction was evil, he just wished it wasn't that way.
Power:he can light a fire with his fingers, although not much more than a candle. and he is slightly quicker than the average person.
Weapon of choice: a fire proof staff with just the ends covered in oil so he can light them. he also uses lots of oil to lay traps, but only uses it in self defense.
Other:
Played by Tugboattom
Alliance: he would rather peace. the contortionist were the ones that he finally had to join because he was afraid of what might happen if he didn't join a faction
Occupation: entertainment. in a world full of death someone needs to be happy. he is especially good at pyrotechnics
Appearance: Liam had a pleasant face that pleased a crowd and a rather nice jawline to match it. His white hair rather complimented his fair skin. He is rather thin, but not in a weak way, he is strong and well muscled he just didn't tone. he almost seems built to please a crowd.
Personality:He is a kind fellow ready to crack a joke as quick as he is to console someone. He can't wait for his evening time to entertain and play with fire. He jumps from one idea to the next but when he is passionate about something he won't let anyone persuade him otherwise.
Sexuality: straight although he isn't looking for a relationship. at the moment he tells people that he is married to the stage.
Crush(es):
History: when he first showed up he was very confused when everyone began choosing sides. why couldn't they all just enjoy eachother's company? he was even more confused when both sides began threatening him to join them or die. at one point they even cut him with a knife before he could run. the clowns had cut him across his chest. even now when he takes off his shirt so he doesn't burn it on stage h you can see the scar. He joined the contortionists because of this. although he doesn't hold it against the clowns, after all they've all been indoctrinated to think that the other faction was evil, he just wished it wasn't that way.
Power:he can light a fire with his fingers, although not much more than a candle. and he is slightly quicker than the average person.
Weapon of choice: a fire proof staff with just the ends covered in oil so he can light them. he also uses lots of oil to lay traps, but only uses it in self defense.
Other:
Played by Tugboattom

Tugboattom wrote:
Crush(es):
Other:
Played by Tugboattom

Accepted! ^^

Ok, so I think we're gonna wait a bit before we start. At least until we get a few more people for each faction and leaders for both factions too.
I might join, but it depends a bit on the rules are stuff.

Could you tell me the rules of this rp?

Cookiesareyummie wrote:

Pretty much just keep it PG-13. Romance is allowed, just no sexual themes (for example kissing is allowed, just nothing graphic or overly detailed). I don't mind swearing in the rp either but personally I'll rarely do it. Violence/gore is allowed as well, just use common sense and if me or any other members are uncomfortable/grossed out then we'll let you know. But in general, use proper grammar and no one-liners.

TL;DR: RP may be PG-13, but use common sense.
DeadMenTellNoTales wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:

Pretty much just keep it PG-13. Romance is allowed, just no sexual themes (for example kissing is allowed, just nothing graphic or overly detailed). I don't mind swearing in the rp either but personally I'll rarely do it. Violence/gore is allowed as well, just use common sense and if me or any other members are uncomfortable/grossed out then we'll let you know. But in general, use proper grammar and no one-liners.

What about characters?

Cookiesareyummie wrote:
DeadMenTellNoTales wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:

What about characters?

You mean like rules regarding them? Idk. I mean I can't really think of any but if you're curious about something in particular you can just ask or PM me if you'd like.
I see, I’ll be working on the joining part
Name: Liliath
Alliance:Contortionists ( Member )
Host: not yet
Hostee:
Occupation (spy, loner, killer, etc): Entertainer, she likes to entertain people.
Appearance: Brown curly hair, small for her age and blue eyes
Personality: Hyper, very emotional, sometimes rude but she doesn’t mean it.
Sexuality: not available she is a kid
Crush(es): not avaible
History: Liliath was confused with the choosing sides, she didn’t want to join any sides cause she thought it was scary. She ended up choosing cause she was threatened and even hurt!

Liliath hopes for the better, she hoped that they all can live a good and happy live.

Power (healing, flight, etc. Not mandatory): Telekinis though not very strong yet, she is training herself to become better with it.
Weapon of choice: A bat covered with nails
Other:
Played by: Cookiesareyummie

(I hope it’s good if changes need to be made please say)

Cookiesareyummie wrote:
Name: Liliath
Alliance:Contortionists ( Member )
Host: not yet
Hostee:
Occupation (spy, loner, killer, etc): Entertainer, she likes to entertain people.
Appearance: Brown curly hair, small for her age and blue eyes
Personality: Hyper, very emotional, sometimes rude but she doesn’t mean it.
Sexuality: not available she is a kid
Crush(es): not avaible
History: Liliath was confused with the choosing sides, she didn’t want to join any sides cause she thought it was scary. She ended up choosing cause she was threatened and even hurt!

Liliath hopes for the better, she hoped that they all can live a good and happy live.

Power (healing, flight, etc. Not mandatory): Telekinis though not very strong yet, she is training herself to become better with it.
Weapon of choice: A bat covered with nails
Other:
Played by: Cookiesareyummie

(I hope it’s good if changes need to be made please say)

Accepted! It's all good, I don't see anything that needs changed ^^
Nice! When will this start?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Dark fantasy circus rp ~edited w/ accura (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus