Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Custom Yarn Bracelet Raffle (closed)

Hello lovelies. I've been fairly quiet I suppose for a while now. Things have been real tough. For everyone, for many reasons; but especially given the state of the world right now. Most of us are stuck inside and even for those who are used to it, it's not easy.

In an effort to spread some love and affection I am going to be doing a raffle for several people to win custom colored yarn bracelets. I don't currently have pictures because they take a hot minute to make and I want to save my hands for actually making the ones people win, but they'll be something of this sort.

Anyone anywhere can enter but keep in mind if you're not in the US the postage system is in a weird place right now for sending mail out of the US, but you'll get it eventually.

DEADLINE: April 30th.

TO ENTER:

Simply post telling me one thing that you enjoy despite all of the stress there is.

I am allowing anon accounts but I am trustin' you with all my lily heart to be honest and only enter once.

I'm enjoying making art for myself and other people. <3
Novus

OooOOooOoooo! Mercy, this is awesome of you! I remember making these when I was a smol human, but I've since then forgot how. We used to call them mermaid beads and I'm so excited that someone remembers how to make them. :D

As for what I am still enjoying despite the stress... Hm... This is a toughie, because I've found that I'm having trouble getting into the things I love recently with all that's going on in my life and now that I'm quarantined. It's hard to keep my head up anymore, but I have found myself turning to Netflix and Hulu a lot. I have a friend in a different state, and we discovered a Chrome extension called Netflix Party. We use it to binge How To Get Away With Murder together. Sadly, we are coming up on the last seasons, so we will need something else to absorb our lives with soon, haha.
Wow mercy! This is very generous! It brought a smile to my face I admit.

One thing I still enjoy doing is writing. Roleplay in paticular. Its been hard to stay motivated to do just about anything but Ive been writing a little bit with some close RP friends. Im just hoping I can get motivated to respond to the roleplays I've kinda left hanging for a while. I really like them a lot.

Thanks for hosting this raffle! :)
Not entering, but replying to spread the love of this raffle. Thank you so much, Mercy! <3
MercyInReach Topic Starter

I've pushed this until April 30th. Please enter!

note: if you're under 18, ask your parents permission before giving me your address if you win.
Sanne Moderator

Oooh I love this idea!! I'd love to enter. :D

Despite all the stress, I'm immensely enjoying baking a whole ton!! I've been baking a lot even before the pandemic, but now I have all the excuses to bake every chance I get. :D
Not entering (I am in germany), but replying to spread the love of this raffle like some before me.
<3 feel loved.
awwww this is really sweet<3<3<3<3
Ah, those are really cute. I should start making those again; it was a fav pastime as a teen but I've lost most of my skills over the years.

I've lots of favourite things! Our nephew turned 4 this week. My wife and I went over and drew chalk hearts and messages of affection for him to come out and look at. My birthday is also this week, so we've made a super rich chocolate cake that I know I'll be having for breakfast for the next week. My wife and I have really ironed out some of our boundaries so working from home (for her) and job hunting (for me) is going pretty stress-free. We send little tokens of affection to our friends whenever we get an opportunity. It's nice. :>c

(As a heads up, I live in Canada and I hear lots of rumours about our border and yours being extremely iffy, despite our proximity. I'm happy to pass on the good vibes by letting someone else win! Just wanted to thank you for setting up a nice thread and to spend a few moments dwelling on the nice things in life atm.)
MercyInReach Topic Starter

Since very few people entered I am going to make everyone who entered a bracelet. Please message me your address, how big your wrist is around in inches or cms, and your preferred colors.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Custom Yarn Bracelet Raffle (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus