Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New-ish to Rp, and looking to just have fun

Hello everyboy. I am Shadow_Wolf95, as I am sure the post tells you. I am not new to rp per se, but I am new to this forum style rp. I have been playing games like Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e, 4e, 5e, Star Wars D20 system, Mage-The Awakening, Werewolves-The Forsaken, Vampire-The Requiem, and other such games since I was about 15. Putting it at about 9ish years now. Unfortunately, many of those games end up dissolving because of changing schedules, losing contact with the participants, or the DM (my brother) ends up losing interest after a couple months of playing. Of those games my favorites thus far have been the Storyteller system of World of Darkness. This includes Mage-The Awakening, Werewolves-The Forsaken, and Vampire-The Requiem. I do also enjoy a good D&D 3.5e game, if there isn't stat crunching. For me the games aren't about beating every fight, and winning every scenario... What I enjoy is the story behind them, the world the DM and/or Storyteller builds, and the opportunity to make your own choices that can have lasting consequences both good and bad... Hopefully without derailing the entire plot the dm or storyteller has built.

My hope with coming to RP repository is to find a lasting roleplay and maybe even make a new friend or two. I can write fairly well, if a bit slow sometimes, as I usually need the time to gather my thoughts and organize them so that I may write cohesively. When it comes to my own writing I also can sometimes be a bit of a perfectionist in terms of grammar and spelling... Only of my own work though, I do my best not to criticize nor critique anyone else's unless specifically asked to, and even then I try to keep it as constructive and respectful as I can.

Lastly, I am not averse to the more mature aspects of roleplay; However, I will not do it publicly, nor will I do so with someone I am not familiar with.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to growing both as a Roleplayer and as a member of this community. I patiently await your replies.
Quipy_Cat

Greetings Shadow_Wolf95

A hearty welcome to the RP Repository

A man with history... Correction with experience. Wow.

I too like a good D&D game for the story, it's fun to play around in a DM's world and test the boundaries a bit.
(and having a bag of Kittens XD, funny story but that is one for another day)

There is the Find RP tab at the top of your screen, it's a good place to start a hunt for an RP. There is also the forum Looking for RP. I do believe you will make many new friends here, travel new worlds and go on adventures none have gone before, these are the voyages of the.... o wait... my bad. :P

If you need any help or curious of someone PM them or ask in the help forums.

May yee find what yee seeks in this Repository

Kitty Regards ^.^
Welcome to RPR, Shadow_Wolf95!

Sounds like you'll have an easy time leaping from tabletop RP to play-by-post RP. :) There's a variety of play styles here, from complete freeform to some light dice use to (a bit rarer) full table-top game mechanics. So hopefully you can find some games/stories that excite and inspire you!
Shadow_Wolf95 Topic Starter

Quipy_Cat wrote:
Greetings Shadow_Wolf95

A hearty welcome to the RP Repository

A man with history... Correction with experience. Wow.

I too like a good D&D game for the story, it's fun to play around in a DM's world and test the boundaries a bit.
(and having a bag of Kittens XD, funny story but that is one for another day)

There is the Find RP tab at the top of your screen, it's a good place to start a hunt for an RP. There is also the forum Looking for RP. I do believe you will make many new friends here, travel new worlds and go on adventures none have gone before, these are the voyages of the.... o wait... my bad. :P

If you need any help or curious of someone PM them or ask in the help forums.

May yee find what yee seeks in this Repository

Kitty Regards ^.^

Thank you for those kind words. I appreciate your praise, I am already forming a post to Looking for RP... I have a fleshed out character and setting for which he is intended but no real plot... I am hoping to be able to use him, preferably in a non dice-based RP style, or at least a limited dice use... I just don't have any dice with me at this moment.

Juls wrote:
Welcome to RPR, Shadow_Wolf95!

Sounds like you'll have an easy time leaping from tabletop RP to play-by-post RP. :) There's a variety of play styles here, from complete freeform to some light dice use to (a bit rarer) full table-top game mechanics. So hopefully you can find some games/stories that excite and inspire you!

Thank you for the warm greetings, and gracious words. I can only hope that I do have such an easy time finding a game. I already know what genres I enjoy, Majority of all movies shows and books I read are among the Fantasy. Some Modern Fantasy, Some Medieval Fantasy, Modern Gothic Fantasy, Sci-Fi Fantasy, and of course Adventure! After all, a fantasy realm is gets more exciting as you explore it.
Shadow_Wolf95 wrote:
I just don't have any dice with me at this moment.

Not that there's ANY pressure to use dice if you don't feel like it... But just as an FYI, every forum post and PM has the ability to add a die roll (or multiple... I think up to 10 separate rolls if I remember right) if you want to!
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 7.

Note: Rollin'!

heya welcome
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPRepository.
HELLO AND WELCOME TO RPR!
I do hope you enjoy your stay and don't be shy to ask for any help if you need any.
Anyway, it's really nice to meet you and always stay safe! See you around! <3

Juls wrote:
Shadow_Wolf95 wrote:
I just don't have any dice with me at this moment.

Not that there's ANY pressure to use dice if you don't feel like it... But just as an FYI, every forum post and PM has the ability to add a die roll (or multiple... I think up to 10 separate rolls if I remember right) if you want to!

Good to know! I was wondering what that was for, thank you for the tip. I appreciate it.

flowergirl23 wrote:
heya welcome

Thank you. I am happy to be here.

LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
Hello and welcome to RPRepository.

Thank you. I appreciate the warm welcome!

HibariHaru013 wrote:
HELLO AND WELCOME TO RPR!
I do hope you enjoy your stay and don't be shy to ask for any help if you need any.
Anyway, it's really nice to meet you and always stay safe! See you around! <3

Thank for the wonderful greeting. I will ask for help as I need it, so far the tutorial rpr has given, has been more than enough and what it didn't tell me has been easy to figure out. Nice to meet you as well, and please be safe as well!
Salutations, and welcome to RPR!

Salazar wrote:
Salutations, and welcome to RPR!
Thank you! I am so far glad to be here! Excited to get into an rp. I actually have a few more character Ideas I am gonna try and flesh out as well.
Rogue-Scribe

Hello fellow Shadow!
Welcome to RP Repository!
Hello and welcome to the site! :D

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are a lot of friendly people around willing to help out.

Cheers to making new friends and finding fun RPs to be a part of!

Shadow-Ranger wrote:
Hello fellow Shadow!
Welcome to RP Repository!
Thank you! Good to see I am not the only Shadow around these parts, can get quite lonesome when you're the only one. :)

Somnom wrote:
Hello and welcome to the site! :D

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are a lot of friendly people around willing to help out.

Cheers to making new friends and finding fun RPs to be a part of!
Thank you! I will be sure to ask if I have questions. New friends, new RPs, and to wondrous adventures filled with magic, peculiar people and places, dark horrors, maybe familiar faces and who knows what else!
haneulseongie

welcome!! there's a lot of great people here. if you ever need anything, hmu!🙃
here's some things to get you started, if need be.

70c67a72c4dd75a1fc76858684c777af.gif

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New-ish to Rp, and looking to just have fun

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus