Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Sanne's knitting thread (Image heavy)

Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

trinfan wrote:
I bet whatever you make with that first one is going to look awesome. X3

I think I will make a tea cozy with it! :3
Yay tea cozy! X3

My shopping trip booty from today!

Two 100cm circs (2mm, 3mm) 39" for the Americans!
2 skeins of yarn (both self striping, one is black, grey and white, the other is vibrant rainbow)
Straight pins (I don't know where mine ended up so I bought new ones)
A bunch of variably sized buttons to sew on as eyes (children's edition, they didn't have black ones)
5 pairs of black bead eyes (those were the largest they had)
2 sheets of white felt

I'm planning on going to my local farmers market this weekend and check out the sewing/crafting stall for more buttons. The store had a very small selection and the ones I have now are fairly small. Other stores had some but they were *very* expensive, and the farmers market is usually quite cheap. :)

680495_518605611593370_1943179779_o.jpg

And I finished the doge dishcloth for Ross just now too!! I'm doing my best to steam block it (applying steam with an iron from a small distance to make the acrylic melt just slightly and stay in place). For a first time duplicate stitch project, not bad in my opinion!

1913296_518630424924222_760126840_o.jpg
Look at all the pretty knitting things~

Ohermichi wrote:
Look at all the pretty knitting things~

Squeee!! I love this hobby so much it's amazinggggggggggg.

I was using my amazing Wonder Woman lunchbox for all my knitting accessories, but as soon as I bought buckets and buckets of buttons and extra circular needles, it kind of exploded all disorganized.

So I went to the dollar store and got a drawer box. Much neat, such tidy, very wow.

10001256_519117358208862_645240587_o.jpg

1540276_519117458208852_753364989_o.jpg

1962379_519117481542183_29737081_o.jpg
My poncho is up to 103 rows. 21 more to go for the length I want. At 308 stitches per row, this is gonna take forever.

Luckily, I found out my local craft store is totally cool with me just bringing in my knits and knitting for hours. They're cool people.
Sanne wrote:

All the buttons too. I don't think I have as many or ones as big. XD
I also prefer to crochet over knitting but I know how to do both.

Ohermichi wrote:
Sanne wrote:

All the buttons too. I don't think I have as many or ones as big. XD
I also prefer to crochet over knitting but I know how to do both.

I just bought a whole bunch from a dollar store and one from a fabric/clothes store. If you look for plastic children's buttons, they're usually brightly colored and come in larger sizes! My button collection cost a total of €5,50 and I must have two hundred of them in there.

As for crochet, I really want to learn that too. I can make a basic crochet chain but that's it. I want to master a few more techniques in knitting and get comfortable with them before I tackle that though. XD Do you have any crochet projects to show us? :3

On another note, I finished the second puff yesterday!

6LMJv0s.jpg

This one was knit on 3mm circulars, as opposed to the 5mm circs on the other puff. The fabric is a lot denser (and nicer!), although it made the puff smaller as a result. It's about 3 inches tall.

First time applying felt to knitting and sewing on buttons too! I used fabric glue to make the felt stay put, then sewed it around the edges. Keeping the buttons in place while fastening them was tricky, but I think I managed okay. :D
I work at a fabric and craft store so I might have to get some more buttons once the ones I'm looking on getting go on sale again.

I've got a doll that I made that's of one of my favorite characters and I'm working on a second one.
tumblr_n3gb18Q14t1sgw22go1_500.jpg
And a few days ago I made a little mushroom pouch thing, it's supposed to be closed with a button but I decided to put a zipper into it. I ended up cutting my finger with scissors doing this one though.
tumblr_n3gb18Q14t1sgw22go2_500.jpg

Oh WOW! Those are amazing!! I'm also jealous of your job now. XD Can't wait to see the second doll!!
Ohermichi wrote:
I ended up cutting my finger with scissors doing this one though.

Argh I feel you! I stabbed the tip of my index finger hardcore yesterday sewing on the felt, and it's a pain in the ass to type now. :( I hope your finger heals up soon!

When I woke up this morning, I cast on 40 stitches for a stretchy market bag with a mesh pattern.

8 hours later, I've finished the bottom and am working on the mesh pattern. 48 more rows of the mesh (136 stitches per row) to go, then it's time to work on the handles. Before I show a WIP image, this is how I'm feeling right now.

pEhOV5Y.gif

pAhOtnk.jpg
I'm scared of making bags. You have my respect all over again.

Also, finished that poncho. I made it a bit too wide at the neck, so I'm trying again with fewer stitches cast on.

Here, have my cat for comparison:

14wt5zq.jpg

Daaayum Trin, that looks good! Sorry to hear it doesn't fit properly though. :( I always remind myself that when I try something for the first time, I have to expect that it will not work out right and that I will make all the mistakes I will learn to avoid with the next items I knit!

I hope your second poncho will be the perfect fit. :)

Speaking of helpful cats:

T5KEz7g.jpg

c61d4hj.jpg

I'm loving how this is turning out so far!! :D
Looking good!

Just finished another owl puff:

qBAMcpH.jpg

I'm going to check with my boyfriend if he wants this one. If he doesn't, I'm probably putting it up for sale. :)
Kitties~ and the poor one with the cone of shame.

I got the main body done, forgot to put the eyes on before I closed up the head. That was fun to fix.

tumblr_n3icydOMyl1txpeb0o1_500.jpg

Oh lordy that sounds tough! How did you fix it? o.O

I love it so far!! :D
Sanne wrote:
Oh lordy that sounds tough! How did you fix it? o.O

I love it so far!! :D

I ended up looping yarn through the back fastener and pulling through from the top of the head where the holes are a bit bigger down to where the eyes should be.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Sanne's knitting thread (Image heavy)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus