Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Vidja Games! Your favorites?

So, I'm assuming I'm not the only gamer on this site, so I have to know... what is everyone's favorite games and game genres?

I'm personally rather partial to the older games; I grew up on Mario and Zelda, and they still hold a very special place in my heart, and I find myself going back to my emulators and replaying the games all the time.

Other than that, I love adventure games; Dragon's Dogma is my most recent play in that genre, and it was an excellent game. I also just got done with Dead Space 3, which was a very good game.
See my profile page for a less recent list of my favorite games. :P
Sanne Moderator

*deep breath*

Mass Effect 1/2/3
Half-Life
Half-Life 2 / Ep 1 / Ep 2
Borderlands 1/2
Fallout 3 / New Vegas
AaAaAA!!! - A Reckles Disregard For Gravity
Bioshock 1/2/Infinite
Alice: Madness Returns
Call of Duty MW 1/2
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Dead Island 1 / Riptide
F.E.A.R. 1/2
TES Morrowind
TES Oblivion
TES Skyrim
Magic the Gathering 2011/2012/2013 (I used to play IRL but don't have any decks anymore. :( )
Metro 2033
Portal 1/2
Torchlight 1/2
Mirror's Edge
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat
The Witcher 1/2
Left 4 Dead 1/2

These are my favorites. I have more. <.< FPS, RPG, Sci-Fi, Fantasy - I'm not a huge strategy game fan, but I enjoy playing Supreme Commander with the boyfriend.
Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda... and more Zelda. :)

I'm also a big fan of Super Smash Brothers (both Brawl and Melee), because my brothers and I did a lot of bonding over that game. :)

Also...Legend of Dragoon for the original Playstation has held my heart for a long time, difficult and 4-disced as it may be.
Oh boy, favorite games. Where do I even begin? Most of my own favorites have already been listed by Sanne, wth the only exception being I'm not a great fan of Mirror's Edge.

But my all time favorite game genres are platformers, Strategy games and RPGs, The Witcher series being my most favorite of all. Some of my other favored games include Pokémon, The Binding Of Isaac, Castle Crashers, Magicka, the Fallout series, GTA and Guns of Icarus.
Lolctopus

I'm kind of an RPG junkie. Only a few FPSs really do it for me. But so far I've sunk way more hours than necessary into:

Fallout (1, 2, 3, New Vegas)
The Diablo series
Mass Effect trilogy
Silent Hill
Resident Evil
Far Cry series
GTA
Half Life
Borderlands
Oblivion
Skyrim
Super Metroid back in the day
Bioshock
Cry of Fear
Warhammer: Space Marine

In no particular order.

FFVII was one of my favorite games of all time - though I'm sure if I played it today the mechanics would either drive me nuts or bore me.
TheLily

Parasite Eve is my favourite, even if I've never finished it. Second is Final Fantasy VIII. I am very fond of the Ratchet and Clank games. Left 4 Dead, Dead Island (and Dead Island: Riptide!), To the Moon, Triple Town.

My favourite genre is horror, but I rarely play it by myself. Too many puzzles. i'm not good at puzzles.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R series.
Grand theft auto series.
Elder scroll series.
Jojo's Bizarre adventure heritage for the future.
Jojo's Bizarre adventure All Star Battle
Castvania series, pre lord of shadows.
Max Payne 3
Tokyo Jungle
Godmode
Need for speed most wanted
Killing floor
Fallout 3.
Several of the titles from the Legend of Zelda series.
Dragon's Dogma
For their epic storylines:

LoZ twilight princess
Super smash bros brawl
Aragorn's quest

For the heck of it:

Chicken riot (you go around shooting chickens. Y NOT)
The walking dead (not the computer game series, just something for the tv that's kinda interesting)
Pokemon yellow (level 73 pikachus FTW), heart gold, and black
And minecraft, of course.

So far that's it. I need more xD
I really really REALLY want one of the walking dead games, especially survival instinct just because I love Daryl and the show so much but my parents won't let me get the original one jsbedbledn.
Maybe I'll have more luck with SI, idk.
I also want ocarina of time because I read the manga and it's just... Just... Beautiful. TT3TT
Favorite Video Games hmm.

The legend of Zelda, all of them are great but my fav's from those are A link to the past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess. (special mention for Wind Waker)

The Resident Evil Series, 2 a game I've played so many times I probably could manage it with my eyes closed. Code Veronica X, and the REmake those are the specifics, but I adore the series as a whole.

Chrono Trigger one of my favorites of all time, Along with Final Fantasy VI.

The Silent Hill Series up to four, I haven't played any of the rest so I couldn't list them as favorites.

Fallout Series

Mass Effect Series

GTA III and after, haven't played the first few unfortunately.

Animal Crossing! I'll forever be in debt to Tom Nook.

Pokemon

Metal Gear Solid

Bioshock Series

The Last of Us

It's kinda hard to list them all now that I've made it this far.
Raymond Topic Starter

Nuclear_Dingoz wrote:
The Silent Hill Series up to four, I haven't played any of the rest so I couldn't list them as favorites.

It's kinda hard to list them all now that I've made it this far.

I loved Silent Hill. The one I DIDN'T like was four. That's 'The Room,' I'm pretty sure. I couldn't stand the aspect of needing to collect candles to ward off the spirits or whatever. It just got tedious.

I can't believe I forgot Mass Effect, though; one of the greatest newer series I've ever played.
I'm ALL over the Thief series. ewhiahbjiashaad Hands down my favorite games ever.

But here's a more extensive list:
Thief Series
Elder Scrolls Series
Dungeon Keeper
Majesty
Mirror's Edge
Crash Bandicoot 2
Fallout 3
Dragon Age Origins
Machinarium
Raymond Topic Starter

TheOriginalNunky wrote:
I'm ALL over the Thief series. ewhiahbjiashaad Hands down my favorite games ever.

Thief Series
Elder Scrolls Series
Dungeon Keeper
Majesty
Mirror's Edge
Crash Bandicoot 2
Fallout 3
Dragon Age Origins
Machinarium

Oh hell, that reminds me! I have Thief, Dead Shadows up in my things packed away sometime. I never played all the way through it. I should.
TheLily

TheOriginalNunky wrote:
Crash Bandicoot 2

How could I have forgotten Crash!? I liked all those until they changed him from exclusive.
Theo Bradshaw (played anonymously)

This was one of my favorite old games. Heart of Darkness. You played as a kid trying to find his dog, it was meant for kids, but the game play was incredibly hard at times, and the death scenes were always pretty gruesome for the time.
Well, some death scenes, some are the typical 'body disappears' type deaths. Others are 'he ate my lungs?' or 'broken in half' or 'mangled'. You barely see kid characters get assaulted like this in any modern games that I've played. xD

007 Golden eye. N64, not that disgrace for the X-box 360. This game is the one I grew up with. By the way, if any of you wonder, my favorite weapon in the game was the RCP-90.
Raymond wrote:
TheOriginalNunky wrote:

Thief Series
Elder Scrolls Series
Dungeon Keeper
Majesty
Mirror's Edge
Crash Bandicoot 2
Fallout 3
Dragon Age Origins
Machinarium

Oh hell, that reminds me! I have Thief, Dead Shadows up in my things packed away sometime. I never played all the way through it. I should.

It definitely is not my favorite of the current three, but I do love it very much. >.<
Oh boy :3 I'm fairly certain a lot of roleplayers got a start with gaming. When I was younger I loved just about anything. But my favorites are as follows.

Final Fantasy VIII (not everyone loves it but it was my first real addiction to a game). Fatal Frame (scared the pants off me). Devil May Cry (series). Kingdom Hearts (all of em). Dragon Age (I still play this one lots). Little Big Planet. Zelda, Mario, Clock Tower, god the list can go on and on and on
My favorite games?

Dragon Age Origins (yes even 2) are my all time favorite games. I looooooooooove dragon age.
Skyrim,
Chrono Cross/trigger,
Final Fantasy 10, 8, 12, 7 Crisis Core

I of course like other games but those are my favorites.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

To the surprise of no one *eyes his icon* I'm going to have to put Mass Effect on the top of the list.

Been on a bit of an XCOM kick lately too, grew up with those games and glad to see the series is being revived in a good way.

Some others:

Jedi Knight series
X-Wing series
Master of Orion
Dragonage: Origins
Star Trek Online
Wing Commander

And while only a tiny part of it is playable at the moment, I'm extremely excited for Star Citizen

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Vidja Games! Your favorites?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus