Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Five months alive today!

[img][/img]V3nMoWw.jpg[/img]

Today is a milestone for my husband and I, and I wanted to share with you all. (Because I'm in a really good mood.)

Five months ago today, my husband was in an accident, lost his leg, nearly bled to death on the side of the road. He spent two weeks in the ICU, and a month and two weeks total in the hospital. I didn't think things could ever be normal again. He has blown me away! He's running again, beating his previous PT test time with the military, who is sending him back to work by the end of the year. I'm so proud, and today is a b ig day, as he gets his final prosthetic socket today!

The picture pretty much sums it up. The first one is about ten minutes after he got out of an 8 hour surgery (taken by his best friend, who saved him, while the second is him walking again. :)
Sanne Moderator

That's amazing! You should definitely be proud of him, that's a super bounce back into the world after such a horrible accident. By the sounds of it, you had a big supportive role to play in this as well. :) So congrats to the both of you for pulling through!
My goodness that is amazing!! He is one helluva survivor, and your one hell of a person to stick it out through thick and thin with him (not everyone does). Not only should you be proud of him, but yourself as well! Congrats on something so momentous!
Lenoria Topic Starter

Thankyou both!:)
Congratulations! It always makes me happy to know that despite the bad stuff, there are some people out there that face it and actually get through it. Remind him everyday how much of a brave man he is. =) And I wish you two good luck with everything!
It is so wonderful to see the progress! :D I am so glad for you that you two could overcome such a hard trial!
Oh my gosh Luvable! That is fantastic to see <3 I am so happy for you both and I hope he continues to make excellent progress in his physical therapy!
Congratulations! That is amazing news and progress! It's amazing how much the human body can endure and how adaptable we are. I'm so happy for you both. :D
That is such great news for you both! Congrats! I'm so glad for you!
Kim Site Admin

WOW! What a recovery, and what an inspiring story! Thank you so much for sharing, and best wishes to you both!
Oh wow. Tell your husband I said that he's a bad MF'er. He's exactly the type of soldier this country needs; there's too many soft-hearted wusses in there right now.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Five months alive today!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus