Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (IC) What is your character's opinion on ..?

Kage (played by Experiment407021)

Kage tilts his head as he ponders the question, a slight frown coming to his face as he did so. He appears curious, but there was something like spark of nervousness there as well. However, he managed to respond after a moment, sighing softly as his gaze was cast to the side.

"Well.. the unknown is something I both admire and fear. On one hand, there's so much more you could learn and experience through the unknown. On the other hand.. it could turn out to be something dangerous. Death is also.. a rather sensitive topic in my opinion, but I'd like to think that in some way, there's an afterlife somewhere for everyone, no matter the species or regardless of the individuals religion."

The fallen angel hybrid goes quiet once more, perhaps thinking of what to say next. This was confirmed when he finally spoke, tilting his head inquisitively like that of a curious canine.

"If you could choose one thing to change with NO consequences, would you change something about the past or the future?"
Joot (played by Jooters)

"Hmm..." Joot scratched his chin
"Oooh! I'd change my future and have myself be buried in a BIIIIG mountain of candies!" He answers
"Or maybe... I could change my past and meet my dad! I heard he was soooooooo cool!"

"Hm.... What is your opinion on... Uhhhh... Dragons! I think they're awesome!" He asks, getting even more excited. First he gets to think about candy, now DRAGONS?!
"Dragons......much like people, there are good dragons, and there are your evil ones. I have been friends with many, and I had to kill many."

"What is your opinion on the concept of modern popular music?"
Aphid (played anonymously)

The Fairy proceeds to blink, cocking her head to the side in a bit of confusion.

"Is there a difference between that and old music? They kinda sound the same! Organs are pretty cool though!"

"What's yer opinion on water spiders huh?"
Max's already pale face seemed to blanch even further.
"I'm... not the biggest fan of bugs in general. I prefer deer, or otters. Sharks freak me out as well."
She seemed to have a fond expression on her face despite talking about her fears.

"What's your opinion on time travel? Do you believe it could exist?"
Lucifer (played by Kloomsy)

“No, it doesn’t exist,” Lucifer deadpanned.

Honestly, he was getting tired of mortals blabbing on and on about time travel as if it was a real concept they would one day reach. It wasn’t. If there had to be someone who knew the truth about it all, it would be him, because he used to be God’s absolute favorite. He would know if God created some time travel machine.

“I’m exhausted of mortals and creatures dreaming about rewinding time. Instead of thinking about fixing the past you screwed up, how about you start working towards a life you don’t want to rewind when you look back on it later?” he waved his hand dismissively, “Now let’s get off this topic. What is your opinion on ancient mythology such as Norse or Greek?”
Leonard smirked patronizingly hearing Lucifer's words, and shook his head in condescende. "Ah, yes, it can be exhausting for ordinary minds to try to grapple concepts more grandiose than anything their neurons can even hope to understand. Many of the greatest achievement that are within mankind's reach - like rewinding time - simply... fly over the heads of the mediocre, and it is entirely normal. It is not every time a genial mind is born, after all."

"As for your question... what it was again?" He snapped his fingers. "Ah, yes. Fairytales." The shadow of a smile on his face was so devoid of warmth it could have frozen a volcano. "Oh, I know many will object that fairytales, folklore and mythology are different things. But actually they all stem from the same bygone fantasies of cavemen who needed some degree of intellectual exercise - and thus came up with what would later become fables, fairytales, foklore, myths, credences..." his eyes flashed as if he was about to add something even more slighting, but instead he just smirked his thin patronizing smile and went on: "So, as for my question... what is your opinion on - tsk - Ethics? Do you think there is a place for them in science, or they are merely relicts hampering the way of true knowledge?"
Helielle's stare upon the scientist was uncharacteristically cold. Her eyes narrowed in a dangerous fashion. Though she wanted to, she said nothing. Her mother had always taught her that if one didn't have anything nice to say, one doesn't say it at all. However, it was very tempting to rip into this godless man. . .

"Ethics have a place everywhere," she replied, choosing her words carefully. "In adventuring, in crafting, in religion."

The last word was said very pointedly.

"I don't see why it shouldn't have a place in science. Even the Bastok Blight was cured on the basis of compassion for one another, not science alone. The alchemists were utterly overwhelmed until the nomads arrived with their. . . ah. I forget the dance's name, but it managed to end the curse of the undead rising in the streets. Something that experimenting on the ill until their death could never do."

Just then, her back straightened as she brushed down the front of her gown. She heaved a sigh that her little corset could barely hold.

"Now, that's not to say mere kindness is a cure for everything. That's naive thinking and childish hopefulness. But not everything necessitates cruelty to find an accomplishment either. And then there are some things that don't need to be discovered, if their only path is through cruelty. I'm no scientist, but surely this must be the case in a lot of things. A lot of suffering could have been spared if the Middle Lands simply. . . left each other alone, I suppose."

Her shoulders squared, brows working in thought.

"Let me think for the next person. . . ah. What is your opinion on violence for self-defense? Should one sooner flee or is fighting back appropriate in every situation?"
Margaret Nearl (played by Alliyus)

Margaret Nearl sat there calmly in the building, looking at them with bright golden eyes. Her long white hair grazed the ground. She had a 6 foot, 60 pound white shield on her back that weighed her down, but it showed little stopping her. She had a white staff on her back with a razor-sharp sword length blade to it. it was a Swordstaff Ioleta Russell, her weapon. She eyed everyone. She wore knight armor, not like regular knights. Her armor was broken up into pieces that went on her chest like a crop-top. She had regular knight armored combat gear on her lower half. She was 5'6, at 25 years old. Her demeanor was calm and very aware. She already studied everyone and was calculating. She showed no threat even though she was heavily armed. She was a shield guard. Known for protecting and not killing. "I have no opinion on this matter. But! If you're going to defend yourself. You shouldn't kill the person but disarm and knock them out." She tilted her head. "A question is. Is it right to hate someone for something they caused in the past?"
Margaret Nearl (played by Alliyus)

. (I messed up)
Rebecca Kennedy (played anonymously)

No you didn't...
Margaret Nearl wrote:
"A question is. Is it right to hate someone for something they caused in the past?"

Rebecca thought about that question for a moment. She certainly had an opinion on it. She tapped her pen on the old oak table she was sitting at before tapping it against her lips. She finally said, "For me, it would depend on what it was the person did I guess. I hated a girl I met in school for a while because she acted like she was my friend and I liked her, but all the while she was stabbing me in the back. She borrowed some of my clothes, and was all supportive of me when I was fighting with my boyfriend. Turned out she was stealing my clothes as she had no intention on giving anything back, and she was in tight with another girl who wanted to date my boyfriend. Anyway, after a while, I quit hating on her. She wasn't worth the effort. Neither of those girls were worth what I put in to hating on them. I guess what I'm saying is if it suits you to hate them for what they caused, then go for it. If not, then let it go.

What is your opinion on Open Relationships?
Red Hood (played anonymously)

"Open relationships. I call it "coping with being unfaithful". He said it completely dry and deadpan as if he were telling someone that it was gonna rain tonight.

"Open relationships almost always end bad. Someone's feelings always get hurt. You're not in an open relationship. The one who asks just wants license to sleep around with a clear conscience. They wanna go and hook up, and still have a semblance of stability. That's a case of 'having one's cake and eating it too'."

what is your character's opinion on fusion-type restaurants?

(

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (IC) What is your character's opinion on ..?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus