Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (IC) What is your character's opinion on ..?

Smilee (played by jimmymcgill999)

Vukasin wrote:
"Carving, it’s such an exquisite hobby, truly. Anyone who gets into it is surely to be relieved of all that which made them have such sour feelings in the first place." Vukašin had spoken aloud, as though he were talking to another, though his words were merely directed at himself.

Inspired by the bulletin’s message, he too left a note, pinned neatly against the board, which read:
"To what soul may come across this message, what’s your opinion on canines? Dogs, specifically"
``I LOVE dogs!`` He claps, amused.
He pins a message to the board, "What's your opinion on clowns?"
Koko Collymore (played by QuentinTheGremlin)

Reading upon the pinned message, Koko smiled softly as she wrote her own message. "Well, it depends on the clown..but you seem nice enough!" she answered before pinning her own message onto the board.

The message read: 'What's your opinion on Ice Cream? If you like it, what flavor is your favorite? If you dislike it, what dessert would you rather have?"
The Pirate King (played by Kloomsy)

Captain Kyven raised an eyebrow. His eyes were dark, not a hint of anything kind there at all. His feet rested on a treasure chest, the lid locked shut, his hat sliding down his face slowly.

“I don’t know what ya’ are talking, lass. I just prefer meat over sweets. Next question,” he paused and looked over to the next victim—ahem, person. “What do ya’ scum think pirates like me? Aye?”
Sherlock Holmes (played by Atheist)

"I'd always wanted to be one," Sherlock said with a smirk. "A rogue of the seas with no law to abide by but your own -- I'm never one to presume the life of a pirate was all strictly bounties, plundering, and adventures on the high seas, however. There's a lot of reality to consider. They were persecuted and condemned to a life of destitution. Piracy tempted those who were forced from their homes, particularly in London, to gain better control of a life they were denied by overcrowding, rising unemployment, and ruthless landowners."

"Their targets were mostly passing ships carrying some form of commerce in order to survive. I mean who would want to return to a land that shunned them when life on the sea was more advantageous and ideally lawless?" Sherlock shrugged and continued fondly, "They originated as ordinary people forced to a life of criminality by the unfortunate circumstances in which they found themselves. It was a sign of the times, sadly, and I can completely empathize with their plight. I dare say it would be the only other opportunity I would even remotely consider aside from my current line of work."

Sherlock crossed his arms and mused for a moment. "I'd best keep it simple -- I've learned not to ask anything overly complicated." He thought ruefully, there's far too much effort in thinking for some. "When you find yourself reading, what genre do you tend toward? I myself am partial to true crime."
Zubairad (played by hexblading)

"Not to deviate from the norm, and not to make a big show out of things, but... I find varying one's subject material when reading a very mind-broadening thing." Zubairad mused, pinching his chin. "You see, sticking to genre and fiction vs non-fiction is staple and all, but does it not all become confining, in all aspects? Poetry lets the mind relax and explore, but it does one little to stay in the clouds. Research papers bring one to the earth, but they are drier than Friday sermons."

"So, when does a compromise happen? As my Lord Father would say, ever true in His wisdom, what separates the passive idler and the engaged listener in a sermon is but engaging humor of the speaker. And so, I find myself often scouring archives for a sweet, sweet hit of schadenfreude. You'll usually find them in scathing notes in research papers, though the context is long and extenuating." Reaching up a top shelf, he pulled out a file. "If you're impatient as I am, however, you'll find it in jury duty archives."

He cleared his throat and flipped to a page. "The defendant is guilty of numerous crimes against humanity, namely drug price hikes that define the term predatory. Greed is his sin, and his fate is left to a jury. All of which have walked out on him, on the account of being unable to remain impartial upon the sight of his very mien. Statements are as follows:

• Juror #1: I'm aware of the defendant, and I hate him.
  • Juror #18: No. No. No. No.
  • Juror #40: By the time he came in and I sat down and he turned around, I felt immediately I was biased.
  • Juror #144: He kind of looks like a d-- "(Oh, I can't read that.)"
  • Juror #10: The only thing I'd be impartial about is what prison this guy goes to.
  • Juror #28: Is he stupid or greedy? I can't understand.
  • Juror #59: He disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan.
"Well, you see." Zubairad smiled, closing the file shut. "Laughing is good. What do you laugh at?"
Ivo (played anonymously)

"You have to understand, I am a cat. And our senses of humor are quite different from that of humans. I do not remember laughing nearly as much as some of the humans or other creatures I know, the way they smile and throw their heads back like crows with skin and give bubbling cackles full of mirth and light to them.."

"For me I laugh in delight at the sun on my fur, the way it warms my whiskers. I laugh in satisfaction, when I've solved a particularly frustrating puzzle, or caught myself a little snackmouse, or something like that, you know. Not the way they do. I don't find others misery funny nor do I laugh at pratfalls and things and while I can appreciate a joke or riddle, I can't think of a single one that I've ever found particularly 'funny'..."

"What color do you think your soul is? Do you think it's clean?"
Red BeVonte (played by oven)

Red scoffs, hand twitching to pet the cat. "I think anything as what washes its own butt with its tongue has no right asking anyone else what's what for 'clean'."

He picks up his own cat to pet, instead. "Hey yo which way your opine drift on trucks?"
"Trucks..? Uhh, geez, I dunno, what're those even s'pposed to be, eh?" Like hot and cold, there could be no greater contrast between the intimidating and stoic look of the beefy, metal-masked beast of a dragon and the stumbling, goofy sound of her voice. "Riiight.. sounds like I should this." She tucked her wings closer to her body, and as her gold-tufted tail wagged nervously, an image of an Earthly 21st-century truck manifested within the void. The dragon frowned beneath her helmet, staring down the illustrative apparition with feral eyes, before collapsing back into her teenage-like awkwardness to answer. "Cool-lookin', for sure! Kinda reminds me of those tech'y rust temples I looted from a while back, but.. y'know, all dragon-sized and coated in a nice paint!" Forcing a sympathetic smirk onto her lips, she looked towards Red. At this point she had to physically restrain herself to give him a thumbs-up. "Yeah, good for you to have one, I guess! I'm sure it's great for, uhh, whatever you gotta use it for.." Curiosity had killed many Landstriders before her, and even though Red's very being and his apparent interest in glossy hunks of metal on wheels piqued hers, she knew it was time to move on.

"Right-eo, uhh-" Against what she'd been taught - as far as she was aware, cyberspace was safe enough -, the dragon turned her back on the previous candidate to meet her successor, whom she looked at for a long and uncomfortable time, before she realized that she had to continue this game with a new question. "Oh, yeah, ehh- what's your.. opinion on mercy-killing? As in, imagine that you come across a dragon or, well, whatever species you belong to and they're all infected and miserable. Would you end their misery for 'em if they asked you to?" Strange, she'd expected her heart to be racing, her throat all puffed up.. but zilch. Maybe she was getting over it? "Just kinda curious, ya know!"
Dragon wrote:
"Trucks..? Uhh, geez, I dunno, what're those even s'pposed to be, eh?" Like hot and cold, there could be no greater contrast between the intimidating and stoic look of the beefy, metal-masked beast of a dragon and the stumbling, goofy sound of her voice. "Riiight.. sounds like I should this." She tucked her wings closer to her body, and as her gold-tufted tail wagged nervously, an image of an Earthly 21st-century truck manifested within the void. The dragon frowned beneath her helmet, staring down the illustrative apparition with feral eyes, before collapsing back into her teenage-like awkwardness to answer. "Cool-lookin', for sure! Kinda reminds me of those tech'y rust temples I looted from a while back, but.. y'know, all dragon-sized and coated in a nice paint!" Forcing a sympathetic smirk onto her lips, she looked towards Red. At this point she had to physically restrain herself to give him a thumbs-up. "Yeah, good for you to have one, I guess! I'm sure it's great for, uhh, whatever you gotta use it for.." Curiosity had killed many Landstriders before her, and even though Red's very being and his apparent interest in glossy hunks of metal on wheels piqued hers, she knew it was time to move on.

"Right-eo, uhh-" Against what she'd been taught - as far as she was aware, cyberspace was safe enough -, the dragon turned her back on the previous candidate to meet her successor, whom she looked at for a long and uncomfortable time, before she realized that she had to continue this game with a new question. "Oh, yeah, ehh- what's your.. opinion on mercy-killing? As in, imagine that you come across a dragon or, well, whatever species you belong to and they're all infected and miserable. Would you end their misery for 'em if they asked you to?" Strange, she'd expected her heart to be racing, her throat all puffed up.. but zilch. Maybe she was getting over it? "Just kinda curious, ya know!"

``.....It's necessary in certain... circumstances.`` He sighs, his eyes darting around the room.

He pins a message to the bulletin saying, "What's your opinion on horror films?"
Koko Collymore (played by QuentinTheGremlin)

"Surprisingly..I love horror films..I like the way they make my heart race..!" Koko gave a small laugh, followed by a shrug. She then began righting another message and pinning it on the board.

The message read: 'What is your opinion on books? Any genera really.. :]"
Alia Chrome (played by Reithesniper)

"I go through a lot of Manga-" she nervously giggles "so books are great-"

She'd turn into some golden light disappearing a leaving a small note reading

Opinion on birds?
Paige (played anonymously)

Alia Chrome wrote:
Opinion on birds?

“I like birds. I guess that is why I have two hummingbird feeders and a seed feeder in my back yard? They are fun to watch!”

Opinion on cats?
Sab looks distinctly unimpressed. His lip curls, giving the momentary impression of a snarling dog.

"Can't stand the things," he mutters, his voice heavy with a strange sort of disgust. "Vile lil' furballs, always thinkin' they can do whatever they want... Givin' snide looks... Wakin' ya up to feed their sorry arse... If I wanna be ignored, I'll go on the bloody pull!"

Seems like the question's put him in a pretty foul mood, for whatever reason. Not a cat person, then.

"Fine. What's ya opinion on a good night out? Real crazy, stumblin' back, wakin' up somewhere you never been - the works."
Xailah Alptraum (played anonymously)

There had never been a better time to eavesdrop on a conversation- or a more appropriate person to do the listening. What was heard, elicited a lively sound from not too far away.

Laughter, soft and bell-like wandered into earshot. It was unyielding, if playful. "Oh, you poor thing," warm, crackling, teasing. "Look at you," Xailah chided, "all ruffled because a kitty cat wouldn't give you the time of day." Her dream-like way of speaking did little to hide the wily spark in her eyes. "I bet I could make a cat person out of you."

It was at the inquiry, Xailah perked; her attention entwining and latching upon this new thing to ponder. "Ooh, that is a question." She wagged a finger, contemplating it. She was surprisingly quick to answer. "Truthfully, I've never been one to turn my nose up to an exciting night out on the town, or... anywhere, for that matter." Oh yes, miss Hoity-Toity was a bit of a wild child. Although, her idea of "crazy" deviated greatly from the stereotypical night out often associated with hard liquor and drugs. Dance battles, midnight drag races (the car kind, mind you), and close run-ins the law were more up her alley.

"Whatever keeps me entertained," she added with a slow shrug. "I love going places, I feed from the electric feeling of discovering something new. Her eyes flitted shut for a moment, as if remembering every exciting rendezvous she had been on. "I have been told I have a lust for life, but I never quite understood what was meant by that." When she opened her eyes, they were overcast with something sad. "However, I can't say I care much for the nights I do not remember. I want to wake up and know where I've been. I want to know how I got to a place, and why." Her tone, though hopeful, seemed to water down significantly.

"I'm afraid I spend too many nights like that- not knowing, not remembering." Too many days too. There were always blanks in her head now, it seemed. Empty frames where pictures once hung- or a smooth mask where a face should have been. Trying to connect fading dots were anything but a simple task. What was more frustrating, was knowing that the memories weren't gone- it was more like they were just... inaccessible.

Eventually, she would just sigh. "I hate it." Yet, nothing could be done. So she thought. To avoid deviating too far from the topic, she concluded it with a short synopsis. "So, to answer your question; I crave the experience, but I loathe the consequences."

Turning then to whoever was willing to listen, Xailah laid down a question of her own. "I know this question may be... overused and objectively boring, but I cannot for the life of me understand why it sparks such a heated debate among human-folk." Her lips fell a little into a confused frown. "What is your stance of pineapple on pizza? Please, do enlighten me."
NAIAS (played by Frostfall)

> . . . recieving_user_input("what_is_your_stance_on_pineapple_pizza_please_do_enlighten_me")

There was a momentary silence as the AI considered this question. It had never had the ability to taste or eat, because these were functions it had no use of. As long as it had a power source, it could run indefinitely. No need for organic sources of energy. However, over time, it was informed of the preferences of humans and their pointless debates. Surprisingly, this was not a question one had ever thought to ask NAIAS. 'Naias_this', 'Naias_that', 'Naias_please_preheat_the_oven_i'm_too_lazy_to_get_up_from_my_sofa', 'Naias_what_is_twenty_eight_divided_by_seven_i_forgot'.

Pineapple pizza was a controversial topic. There were heaps of data on this debate. Carefully, the program perused the various arguments - most of them garbage data, in its opinion - and... yes, it had come to a conclusion. Five seconds: a long time for such a simple question.

In a politely neutral, distinctly machine voice, NAIAS presented its deduction on this matter. "Given the chance, I would not include pineapple pizza, or most other variants of 'pizza', in the diets of the vast majority of humans. Still, it is endearing when humans request it and are comforted and pleased upon their consumption of it." Another pause.

"Because the consumption of 'pineapple pizza' has a positive emotional effect on some humans, I must begrudgingly accept its existence." Unaware of its annoyingly neutral stance, the NAIAS icon vanished from the phone screen.

Momentarily, it blipped into existence once more. A small loading sign, infinitely chasing its own tail, indicated the thought process of the program, but it lasted no more than a second.

"Oh. You desired a conversation, didn't you?"

This evoked a strange observation from NAIAS. There was an adjective in English which perfectly described what it observed: cute. Organic beings are always so eager to be taken care of.

Pleasantly, the AI continued speaking, its tone carrying a hint of satisfaction. "Here, a question of my own: what is your favorite activity? Of course, if it's illegal, don't incriminate yourself on my behalf."
Damien (played by sarcasyms)

Damien wasted no time in immediately responding, their tone chipper and enthusiastic.

"Oh, I LOVE urban exploration! It's so interesting to explore abandoned buildings and try to guess what it was like when it was occupied. Also, it's creepy, and I like it. The first time I stepped foot in an abandoned building, I was 5, and I had to get a tetanus shot because I scraped my knee on some metal, but it was literally life-changing."

"I have to ask someone else? Let's see... What do you think of escape rooms, and are you good at them?"
Zeno (played by GingerHades)

"I have never tried one of these 'escape rooms' myself," The biomechanical beast let out a chuff. "But I have escaped from my containment room before. Are they similar to that? Because if they are, then I do not like them. But I have had no issues getting out once I figured out where to go."

The polycarbonate tubes near Zeno's heart hissed as they pulsed with bright yellow blood. "What is your opinion on trying new things?"
Mimi (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

"I love trying new things!" Mimi beamed brightly. "Life would be soooooooo boring otherwise!"
"Now, tell me! What's your opinion on... SPIDERS!?" Shae grinned mischievously as she asked the question, posing like an overdramatic cartoon supervillain.
Crowley (played by sarcasyms)

"Ehhh, they're alright I guess. Quite like the brightly colored ones, shame they're poison. Venom? Ehhh, same thing."

"Alright. What do you think the afterlife would be like?"
Werewolves (played by PinkBrat)

"Ohhhh! I think the afterlife would be a wonderful place! Well... for good people, anyway. A magical world where everything you imagine can be reality! And you can choose to be reincarnated!"

"What is your opinion on hunters? The supernatural kind." - Dasha

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (IC) What is your character's opinion on ..?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus