Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 1 Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Well, it isn't 12843.01 or 12843, so I should probably try to figure out the difference between the Sea of Prose and sea level
hey Miss helper lady

do any of the bolded letters in the second letter mean anything?
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

All of these are hand written, so they did not have bold as an option ;)
Nevermind, the 12843.01 would be correctly converted from sea level (unless they used the Sea of Prose as sea level)
thank you mam :)
Ilmarinen Moderator

Well... I THOUGHT I had it. XD
Ilmarinen Moderator

So, the 3914.55m/12843ft measurement is above sea level, but in the survey, we see that it's 12337 above the sea of prose. (Earlier, I thought this height discrepancy had been because of an eruption, but now I know I was wrawwwwng.) Ergo, the Sea of Prose is 506 feet above sea level.
well anymore ideas?

eidit: so we won?
Ilmarinen Moderator

The Self-Care Valley is 5106 feet above sea level, though the red and blue saddles look like different elevations, so I'm not sure which this number corresponds to. But that means that Self-Care Valley at that measured spot is 4600 feet above the Sea of Prose.
Can anyone halp check the datum? I thought it was a fancy for for data, but fun facts, it isn't! Whahaha. I'm going to try it myself, but if I can't do it.... >.< Hehe. Someone else will need to maybe.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Datum is the singular word for data! :)
Ilmarinen Moderator

One datum, two data.
Ilmarinen Moderator

So I tried calculating the relative heights of all three mountains (7737 feet for Mt. Ovation, 986 feet for Mt. Care, and 1607 feet for Mt. Recognition) and alas, none of those were it. I'm not sure if there's any meaningful way to combine them--adding them doesn't make much sense.
so what are we looking for now? also you guys are my new best friends.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Unless I typoed something. Also possible. It was getting down to the wire.<.<
Ilmarinen Moderator

Aw, that's sweet! :D Thanks for helping out, melody!
Thanks Melody! Well, while you guys are figuring this out, I'll see if I can rally the fighters at the red symbol
Ilmarinen Moderator

So at this point, our options are to re-try those three (7737 feet, 986 feet, and 1607 feet) and, uhh... not sure what else. I'm going to look and see if there's a way to represent the prominence of multiple mountains in a meaningful way.
Ilmarinen Moderator

... ooh. It may be all three.
Ooh, that could be it! Maybe the average of the heights? (3443.3)

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 1 Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus