Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Aid the Armory: The Best Weapon is Information!

Hey there!

As many of you are probably aware, I sort-of manage the Epic Armory, which mostly just involves me trying to provide helpful data on ways to obtain and use the freely-available items there with max efficiency. (I make no attempt to even pay attention to who gives and takes what. Way too much info there.) I can't be here for everything all the time, though, so I count on others a great deal to help me gather info!

See or make a helpful resource I don't have listed? Leave a link! Run into an enemy or item I don't yet have data for? Check out the info I gather to know what to grab! Get hit with a status I don't have info for, or from an enemy I haven't noted causes that? Please let me know! Find a mistake in my info, or have a suggestion about something else to include, or a different way to set something up to make it more accessible or generally easier to understand? I'd love to hear it!

I encourage you to post these things in this thread. This makes it easier for me to have just a spot to check, and for you lovely folks to know if someone's already told me something and I just haven't had a chance to update things yet!

And, of course, you are entirely welcome to use any info from the Armory to help create your own guides, tutorials, strategies, etc. :) (Why, hey there, one of the high-point hope quest listings is even to write a tutorial!)

Things I lack but would like to have as of 10pm PST, April 29th:
  • If there are any status effects (bleed, blight, poison, etc) that the new Steam Elemental inflicts. Blight.
  • If anyone notes that certain weapon types (piercing, slashing, energy) get a damage buff or debuff against any elementals. (This has not been the case historically, but that doesn't mean it can't change.)
  • Links to solidly set-up tutorials/info for the farming game.
  • An updated tutorial on playing the Doubutt game. Right now I only have one from 2016 and links to a couple past discussions (2019 and 2020).
  • Perhaps some easy guide to hope this year's "hope" system works - what raises it, what lowers it, what we know so far that it's needed for.
  • A combat strategy guide for this year (things like how to organize a group of fighters, how to prioritize enemies, etc), preferably one that can be provided to those who are new to the whole thing to help them know how to more effectively participate.
  • Other things that seem helpful specific to Epic Week, including just suggestions about how to improve the setup of the Armory!

Remember: writing a tutorial can get you hope point via a quest!
Kim Site Admin

I totally endorse this effort :)
Zelphyr Topic Starter

<3

I'm still just trying to catch up with all there is this year alongside getting distracted with just... doing the things. XD Lordy there's a lot this year!
The electric whips seem to be doing better against the smaller guys than the axes are, for me, at least. Probably an agility thing. :P I haven't tried the energy swords on them yet!
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Reminder that info, links to guides for various parts of Epic Week (not only the combat, any of it!), etc, is all stuff I'd love get, but I can't keep up with everything my myself! Please let me know about the things you learn/create/find useful!
Kim Site Admin

Recording for posterity, the Ash Elemental spawned with 24000 HP :)
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Thank youuuuu~

I was expecting to have to try to math until I nab you or something. ^^;
Rogue-Scribe

Kim wrote:
Ah... so every little puff of ash adds up...
Rogue-Scribe wrote:
Kim wrote:
Ah... so every little puff of ash adds up...

Maybe we should tone it down with the fire breathing dragons from now on...
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Things I currently lack but would like to have:
  • If anyone notes that certain weapon types (piercing, slashing, energy) get a damage buff or debuff against any elementals. (This has not been the case historically, but that doesn't mean it can't change.)
  • Links to solidly set-up tutorials/info for the farming game.
  • An updated tutorial on playing the Doubutt game. Right now I only have one from 2016 and links to a couple past discussions (2019 and 2020).
  • Perhaps some easy guide to hope this year's "hope" system works - what raises it, what lowers it, what we know so far that it's needed for.
  • A combat strategy guide for this year (things like how to organize a group of fighters, how to prioritize enemies, etc), preferably one that can be provided to those who are new to the whole thing to help them know how to more effectively participate.
  • Other things that seem helpful specific to Epic Week, including just suggestions about how to improve the setup of the Armory!

Remember: writing a tutorial can get you hope point via a quest!
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Well darn. I was 4 repairs short of 200 and now I can't do anymore like I did in past years. XD Just grabbing up stuff folks drop off once it's over to squeeze in as many gun repairs as I could manage for the next year!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Aid the Armory: The Best Weapon is Information!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus