Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2020 » Doubbutt - Game tips, tricks, comments, glitches

This year, for the first time, doubbutt splits into two in certain rooms

This is not a glitch!
Also! If you get the weapon to a question mark spot it turns into a different weapon! I put an ax on a question mark block and it turned into a rapier!
Also, there's a switch in a box that will show you the way to the cannon if you can find it!

Also also, explore! There's random scrap hidden around the castle!

This game is so much more fun this year! There's puzzles and exploration and secrets to find! I'm stoked!
The paint brush also makes you faster for a short period of time. I thought it might make you "invisible" or "invincible" too, but, doesn't appear to be the case. There's a room with a switch and floor inbetween two spacey looking - what I am guessing - voids of death. Still haven't figured out how to navigate that room or what to do.
Mipps

I am experiencing glitches, real glitches. when i enter the second room now i get a weird pop up of script that wont go away. I legit cant play
I'm getting the JavaScript popups too, @Mipps. I looked at an older thread and it was suggested that you play on a non-Chrome browser, as that apparently has trouble with JS. I went ahead and reported a bug but we'll see if it can be fixed. It's on another host site, I think, so I'm not too used to it. :,D
Psyche wrote:
The paint brush also makes you faster for a short period of time. I thought it might make you "invisible" or "invincible" too, but, doesn't appear to be the case. There's a room with a switch and floor inbetween two spacey looking - what I am guessing - voids of death. Still haven't figured out how to navigate that room or what to do.

What I did was walked on the spacey looking area and it teleports you to the middle where you can flip the switch. :)

Anyone know how to deal with the crystals blocking the doorway?
CreativeImagining wrote:
Anyone know how to deal with the crystals blocking the doorway?

There's a green vase in the center of the room. If you break that vase, a glowing green circle should appear. Let that circle hover over you until you become a gelatinous cube. While transformed as a cube, you can go over to the crystal wall and devour.
Haha, I went looking through the original Epic Week Doubutt thread to find out what the h311 was going on with the rooms. XD
Also, the red paintbrush thingy makes you go fast for a few seconds. :D
I'm having issues with Doubbutt continuing to walk even after I've stopped pressing the button. I don't know if it's my laptop, internet, or what, but I haven't had this problem before.
Kim Site Admin

Hi all! There's another version of Doubutt out; this one contains a minor improvement for handling large rooms on phones, and a fix to the issue where having more than one gelatinous cube cloud at once would cause a crash. Please go back to the launcher page and re-open to make sure you're using the latest version. :) https://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek/doubutt
Kim Site Admin

Hello Doubutting friends! There's yet another new version of the Doubutt game out just now. This one aims to fix the crash that occurs when entering the room where Doubutt splits in half; we discovered if it was a "dead end" room, that was when the crash occurred. Please go back to the launcher page and re-open to make sure you're using the latest version. :slight_smile: https://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek/doubutt
Tusitala Topic Starter

Tip: a lot of scrap pieces are hidden inside the white vases, make sure to break a few to find them!
I have been able to collect 6 scraps and 5 of them where from broken vases
Is there a way to save your game, or reload from a checkpoint of some sort? I wouldn't figure there would be, but I had 10 scrap and the Ray-Gun loaded and was exploring the last couple rooms when I accidentally pressed the Tracfone Home button on my screen and left the premises. So I just wanted to make sure. :,D
Thanks! :) :) :)

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2020 » Doubbutt - Game tips, tricks, comments, glitches

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus