Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » World Slots? (EXISTS)

I hope this is the correct place to put this. But I was wondering if it were possible to have slots for information on created worlds? Similar to character slots, but specifically for specific worlds. Or if there was another place onsite that this information could be placed so others could see it?

I have seen some people use one of their character slots for world information before, but it feels really weird to have it under "characters" when the world itself isn't a character.
Would a publicly available group serve the purpose?
Arekkusu Topic Starter

Possibly. I haven't messed with groups on here yet. Is there a limit to how many I can create, and can I control who can view/post in the group? Like if I wanted to make it publically viewable, but not allow anyone to post, is that possible?
I haven't learned all the ins and outs of them myself, but I believe there is no limit on how many you can create.

I'm not sure about the other questions, but these articles might help:

Groups

Group membership options, privileges and ranks
Arekkusu Topic Starter

Much appreciated. I will give those articles a read. Thank you.
I "run" The Epic Armory. Note that it does not have any forums, only pages. :)

The number of pages, as with characters, is still limited. You also can't post as a group, if you were hoping for something like that. You could indeed use it just to hold info about a world, though.

As mentioned, a group doesn't have to have forums. If you find you need to include forums for some reason, though, like maybe you just have that much info to sort or something, others still can't post in it without being a member - but you can make it all publicly viewable, so they can see it.

But you would probably be just as well off, if not better, using something like World Anvil.
Kim Site Admin

Groups were very much intended for this purpose, and given forums so that people could then play in those worlds if the creator wanted that :)
Arekkusu Topic Starter

Zelphyr wrote:
I "run" The Epic Armory. Note that it does not have any forums, only pages. :)

The number of pages, as with characters, is still limited. You also can't post as a group, if you were hoping for something like that. You could indeed use it just to hold info about a world, though.

As mentioned, a group doesn't have to have forums. If you find you need to include forums for some reason, though, like maybe you just have that much info to sort or something, others still can't post in it without being a member - but you can make it all publicly viewable, so they can see it.

But you would probably be just as well off, if not better, using something like World Anvil.
I've tried using World Anvil before, but I'm not a fan of it. I also like to try to keep things on whatever site I'm using, so people don't have to leave the site to find information about a specific world I've created. Thank you for the information though. :)

Kim wrote:
Groups were very much intended for this purpose, and given forums so that people could then play in those worlds if the creator wanted that :)
Thank you for the clarification. I'll definitely be messing around with creating a group and learning the different features and functions of it. I have a few D&D worlds that I've created over the years, and I've been thinking about using one of them as a setting for different RPs. So I wanted to make sure there was a place on here I could do that. Are groups limited to a certain number of pages like character sheets? And if so, can they be increased in some way? I have a lot of information for my worlds, such as calendars, holidays, creation myth, deities, species and classes, and a lot of other things. So I'll have to make sure groups can provide enough pages for all the information I want to provide to people.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Arekkusu wrote:
Are groups limited to a certain number of pages like character sheets? And if so, can they be increased in some way? I have a lot of information for my worlds, such as calendars, holidays, creation myth, deities, species and classes, and a lot of other things. So I'll have to make sure groups can provide enough pages for all the information I want to provide to people.

Groups get 5 pages by default, but there are items in the shop (the blank pages) that let you add more to either your account or a group!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » World Slots? (EXISTS)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus