Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Superstitious Sands (Closing Soon)

Xiara (played by KingofHaddock) Topic Starter

"Very well then..." Xiara replied, keeping his head firm. The water purifying plant was near pitch black. Only the large water tank could be seen in clear view. However, there was a faint view of two upper balconies, which held the pipes together. Water soaked the ground, making it clear that one of the pipes had been cut by this monstrous creature. If this was where the sighting took place, they must be very close by now.
Captain Robbins (played by HRA)

"Damn... Aren't those pipes and tanks made out of Titanium? Do you know what kind of force it would take do do that to titanium?" Duke said, looking at the pipes. Whatever did this was a monstrosity, and could rip them apart if it chose to.

"Yeah... Alright, weapons at full power. At the ready. If it attacks, wipe it out."
Lee Elexion (played by Jabonicus)

"Not as much as you think. Steel is stronger than titanium, the only thing better about it is that it's more light." Vagabundo pointed out.

((Srry, but you're actually wrong. XD Steel is more flexible and cheaper than titanium, but titanium is MUCH MUCH stronger. If you tried to cut a titanium bar, it would take a machine as big as.. well.. my bedroom to do it. Something like that.))
Tucker (played by Chris_Pike)

(Tungsten is the strongest, heavy metal.
Titanium is the strongest, light metal.
Steel and Iron are the densest metals.
Iridium is the most strongest, rarest, densest, expensive, lightest metal ever known.
Only available on Earth as tin and asteroids (+Comets) plus other planets as strong metal)

Tucker looks at the pipes "I remember using some of that to patch up my armor before I found you guys, It was the next best thing I Had, These people do have Iridium, But no one would barter me for it" He then looked around "Im going to activate my thermal, Just in case" He then activated his thermal visor, And looked around, all the while having his hands close to his knives and his pistols

(I don't mean to disturb this OOC conversation, but let's reserve such a thing on the smalltalk forums :D)

"A terrible sight, what would this creature even want within here..?" Xiara questioned. He began to become more cynical that this Demon was possibly a Serpentine dissident. Perhaps it was a mindless monstrosity. "We need to illuminate this place, we could probably discover even more damage that the Demon may have caused, and possibly why it had done it." Xiara kept his hand upon the wall, looking for a switch as he walked along, as well as any more possible damage.

((Lol it was over before you said anything. :P))

"Alright... I got a few flood lights on our guns." Robbins said, and pointed it towards the wall, also looking for the switch. He pointed one of the laser lights at it, so Xiara could get to it. "If this is hostile, we may be looking at something worth killing. At least for safety. Tucker, if its a demon, it will be cold. All cold."

"You never know, Though... I have seen these kind of marks before... This Damage, The way of the damage occurring, It reminds me of the Javier Station incident here... Hmm about... hmm... Uhhh... have any of you heard about that incident I cannot put my finger on how long ago that was...I know it was on this planet though and these marks look similar, as does the damage"

"I am sorry, but I do not know. I mostly distance myself from upsetting incidents as such." Xiara replied as he made his way to the switch. He did not like concerning himself with such sad, yet urgent news. Such knowledge only depressed him. But these were serious matters, and they could have been dealt with, if Acta could help it. As he switched the light on, the revelation had come.

There it knelt, not making a sound. It was upon a platform, above the flowing water. A large monstrous looking skeletal figure gazed down. It's bones had mutated, it's left arm was a parody of some sort of disfigured claw. It's femurs had lengthened, making the creature seem longer, and rib cage was like an upon mound of razor sharp teeth. It did not make a movement, but it was definitely not deceased.

Tucker stopped in his place, then whispered to the group "Lets not do anything rash, It has yet too attack us, And attacking it might be are downfall, Im just suggesting we try not to upset it" He said, while keeping an eye on the "Demon", He kept his hands to his sides rather than near his holsters

"Thing looks like a massacred Akrid.." Lee said, crouching down.

"Not Demon..." Robbins whispered, crouching down, and holding his SMG tight in his hand. He switched the safety off, going straight for automatic. Taking a look at the charge count, he could see that he still had 400 discharges left in the clip. Good enough. "Demon Spawn... Smaller, less dangerous, but it could still be a match for us..."

He made a few slow movements with his hands, and the group spread out. They all switched their guns to automatic, and held them, but didn't aim. Their muscles tensed, and they were nervous. But never afraid.

"Akrid? What's that?" One of the soldiers whispered, and while the creature wouldn't hear it, they could.

"An Akrid is an ugly little bastard. But that's not the point. It doesn't look like one, anyways. Xiara, what should we do?" Robbins asked, not taking his eyes off the creature.

Xiara kept his thoughts of Demons to himself. Concepts probably differed between worlds, and the very last thing he would want to do was to argue about Demonology in such a position. He simply watched as the skeleton stood and looked around the now lit room. It began to scrape it's jaw, as in some form of conversation, or cry for help. It did not provoke an attack however.

(This edit was made after Tucker's response, the creature is not an Akrid.)

Tucker looked at the Akrid with pity, Though the look was hidden by his helmet, He then started to slowly approach the creature, He had deadly reflexes so he felt he could stop any attack this creature would make

"Its taking me all I have to NOT shoot the hell out of it..." Robbins said, looking up. On his world, he didn't let them live. They killed anything that could be related with Demons, whether it be humans, or demons themselves. They showed no mercy.

"I don't think the greatest course of action would be to open fire..." Xiara replied. "...It may not be at all an aggressor. I simply think that it is trying to communicate somehow." Xiara waited, though somewhat tense, at the creature's next move. The large skeleton simply stood like a statue, as if waiting to see what the group did first before it made it's own move. The pipe that it had ripped, which could have been a possible accident was now starting to overflow. A move would have to be made soon, if not by the so called 'Demon.'

Tucker stopped a few feet in front of the creature, Then cleared his throat "Do you understand me?" He asked in english, If that did not work he would try another language he knew, He then put his hands down to his sides

The large skeleton nodded silently, whilst looking cautiously throughout the room. More specifically at the Offworld soldiers. It was not fearful, nor was it racist. It was simply unsure of how they would react to it. The being who approached it seemed friendly enough, but it was still cautious of Robbins and his men, even their native guide seemed capricious under the hood.

Xiara resumed his watch, spectating Tucker and the Demon. Though he felt somewhat assured. "This creature harbors no taint. None of the room seems to have changed in any shape. I can tell from that, that this is not a cultist..."

"Can you tell us what you are?" Robbins asked, and got less defensive. But he was still ready. He wasn't about to trust something like that instantly. Hell, he barely even trusted Xiara. And certainly not Tucker. Oh hell no. That guy had suspicious written all over him.

"I say we shoot it." Vagabundo said. "Loot it for information." He added. His iron helmet reflected almost no light off of it. His dark skin showed strange tattoos in a foreign language, black against the sun.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Superstitious Sands (Closing Soon)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus