Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Superstitious Sands (Closing Soon)

Xiara (played by KingofHaddock) Topic Starter

Xiara decided to wait, though still quite puzzled about the scenario taking place. However, it was better than this than western extortion, or covert cult battling with deformed monstrosities. That very thought got to him, as some were of his own order. As he waited, he returned to Aetrii's armour, checking for any possibility of Alrotti symbolism he'd have possibly engraved there. If Xiara had a scanner, this would've been easier, but most of his tech was at the hidden fortress he resided. He had never come looking for trouble, let alone what is taking place now at hand.
Captain Robbins (played by HRA)

"Go ahead. We have one on our Gunships. I'll get a biker over to take you back." Robbins said, and he ordered a biker group to come up and being him back. Walking around, everyone dropped their guns and holstered them, and Robbins walked up to Xiara.

"He didn't die of normal means, did he?"

Xiara shook his head in sadness, both upset and disappointed at what his Order brother had done to himself. "No, his death was not natural... He killed himself, but he also murdered an Order brother in his madness." He had not taken notice of Cijan's body, but Xiara knew that it was no less upsetting than Aetrii's. Without the alien armour that Cijan wore, a large, gaping hole in his stomach was clearly visible, he had died a very painful death.

Xiara then took further notice on the back of Aetrii's armour, which would've normally been covered by a holster, presumable to hold a laser, or dark steel rifle. There Xiara discovered a crudely engraved cultist mark. In his discovery, Xiara put his covered hand of the skull-like helmet he wore. The fact that Aetrii had been in contact with cultists was shameful.

"I'm so sorry for your loss. Was he a friend?" Robbins asked, and looked at the body. It was a horrible death. He'd seen worse in battle, but for this to happen to a loyal, religious civilian? Brutality. Horrid brutality. Then he noticed the cultists scratchings. He'd seen a symbol like it before. "Is that... A cult?"

((How about Khorne? Think that's violent enough for the cult?))

((Well, what I'm going for is different from wh40k.))

"He was a young initiate of the Order that I, and the the owner of this armour are from." Xiara explained "A cult it is, I recognize the symbol. It belongs to a cult known as the Ekcuttins. It dates back tens of thousands of years ago, they are ancient worshippers of 'Lord Dargoth', a being infamous in Actarian mythology... Even in the west.." Xiara stood up, holding Cijan's closed helmet. It's appearance was unusual, in the shape of a bio-mechanic face.

((Still, I'd love a Khorne daemon. XD))

"Where was his body found? I just get a suspicious feeling about the cult..." Robbins said, looking at the bodies. The helmet was unusual. Usually only Space Marines who were injured in the head had that. Otherwise, they didn't have that. For a native on a world so far away from their system? Unusual.

((Thar be da demons in due time, just not in the BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD sense c:))

Though Xiara hated to describe the death of such a young and promising initiate, he felt that he had to explain the truth.

"His body..? ...His body was found with a large ion stake in his stomach in his chambers, which had been hidden by Aetrii, the cultist, though the former was found to have bled to death. Aetrii had tried to convince Cijan to join him in a plot to cause dissent within the order, after that, he was attacked by him... Aetrii himself had shoved his own blade with his head, which killed him."

As Xiara spoke, he heard a clicking noise coming from within the cave, from where Aetrii had been placed, which interrupted his explanation...

((Eeeheheheheh >:)))

"Terrible death... But Aetrii, by your definition and apparent disappointment, doesn't seem like the kind of person to do that on his own. He seems... Possessed?" Robbins asked, and thought for a second. This sounded like the influence of Chaos, or a leak in the Warp. Unshielded, these people could go crazy and die from the exposure. "What was that?"

"If I can make any sense of what is happening, Aetrii's corpse is ...molting..." The majority of Serpentine Order brothers Demonized by Dargoth's taint kept most of their sanity due to their training. Their bodies for the most part transformed... Then Xiara began to understand. Apart from the wound on his head and jaw, Aetrii's wounds were not due to self harming... He was morphing slowly, into a monster.

"I see now... Aetrii was marked, he never would have betrayed the Order as he did by himself, he was forced to do it..."

((I'm going to slow down so we don't leave Vagabundo and Tucker behind..))
Tucker (played by Chris_Pike)

Tucker got off the gunship and entered the vessel, He smiled under his helm, "Nice place" He said, then went to the armory to repair his armor and shield, He then pulled out a data pad that he was given, He then contacted the Emperor "This is Tucker, Rank Chief Warrant Officer Grade Two, Authorization code Xerox-045 Echo-Niner" He said, then waited for his transmission to be answered
Lee Elexion (played by Jabonicus)

(I was here the entire time, just felt like he didn't need to say anything yet)
Vagabundo nodded, trying to understand the situation.

((Oh.. Urm... Sorry..))
As Xiara quickly went to investigate the chilling noise from within the dark cave. He was somewhat shocked to have found that Aetrii's corpse had begun to slowly change it's shape. His skin was rotting at an alarming rate, his skin had literally melted from his face, leaving only a skull and his broken jaw was a mass of spiked fangs, not to mention that his body was growing much larger, his hands were an atrocious pair of claws.

However, this transformation was post death. With the massive hole in his head, Aetrii would not awaken. Xiara could only observe this monstrous body a former Order brother.

((The Gunships are landed now. You are technically inside the Gunship with the armor repairing. XD))

"MOVE!" Robbins shouted, and open fired onto the dead body with his SMG. The rounds splattered the body everywhere, and over 45 discharges were fired. Recharging his Lasgun, he held it in the air, a little sad he had to do that. "I'm sorry if I scared you or offended you. We have something close to this at home."

Back on the Gunship, the Armour was being repaired with record speed, and in fact, the entire encampment was set up. The Guns, Anti Aircraft, mess hall, HQ, everything. Even the trenches and barbed wire. As Tucker spoke, the comm opened up.

There was no face that appeared on the screen, only the HRA flag, but the Emperor could see him. And he was not happy. Not happy at all.

"Chief Warrant Officer Tucker, what the HELL are you doing calling me now? Can't you see I'm up to my neck in problems?"

Xiara simply wiped the the dead flesh and blood of the corpse from his armor. Though with a slightly annoyed with such an unprovoked action. "He was dead anyway... The hole inside his brain guaranteed that he would not reanimate.. Though your caution is not unwise.." Xiara explained as he removed pieces of Aetrii's flesh from himself. Though a caretaker, Xiara was not the most traditional of Actarians, in the belief that when the soul passes on, the body becomes useless. "It does not upset me, for in truth, his corpse was simply there as a reminder of himself... And Actarian molting varies greatly..."

"Only particular reason why I open fired was because with our corrupted bodies, if it is indeed possessed, the body can reanimate after death. That's usually when the Daemon takes over, though, I don't know about your species..." Robbins said, wondering. Could they reanimate? No, he didn't think so. But better safe than sorry. Still, he was sorry to have done it. "Can we see your city?"
Lee Elexion (played by Jabonicus)

"You, Emperor people, you cannot let NEVEC find about this mess. Keep them out of the picture, they almost blew up my home because of a mess like this." Vagabundo said, his hatred that dealt with NEVEC rising. "NEo VEnus Corp! My a**!"

This form of Demon sounded much similar to a type in Actarian mythology:

"Demonology here upon Acta is quite different. There exist two known forms, spectral and material. A spectral Demon in Actarian terms is a Demon that was once a ghost or a wraith, that has become restless due to misused energies, they can make themselves visible at will, able to change their shape, and possess bodies, though to those with a clear and sound mind, they are ultimately powerless. A material Demon is an Actarian who has come into contact with the dark energies, and their body has begun to molt."

He had explained the types of Demons upon Acta. But he also had a warning for the newcomer upon the planet. "Though is may be unlikely, be very careful when studying the misused energies here. I do not know how the demons that your race may have come into contact may seem, but the unnatural energies that molt Actarians into monsters were created specifically for Actarians. The energies cannot properly manipulate the DNA of Offworlders, because this, they are transformed into a mass of organs."

Now that he had told the captain of Actarian concepts of Demons, as well as the warning, of which was probably unlikely to happen, he then answered the second question. "I cannot take you to the Lair of my master, for that would be a great violation of my pact, until you can gain the trust of the Order." There was however, an alternative. "I can take you to one of the major cities of eastern Acta however, I hope this will suffice." He waited for the captain's answer, hoping this alternative was good enough.

"Thank you for the warnings, and I will do what I can with what I have. I do have a few Psykers on board, so they should be enough to counter the effects of the misused energies. If I do find anything of interest, I'll report it to you immediately. However, I would be interested in knowing how to get the trust?" Robbins said, wondering if they could trust him. These new Daemons, though, were different. Very different. He hoped that they wouldn't be a problem. "I won't bring NEVEC Into this. If I see a major problem, though... OB it is."
Tucker (played by Chris_Pike)

"Sir, I understand your situation, I have been briefed, But as my orders as a part of the Gamma Project im required to talk to the head of command before being allowed to put under someone else's lead, I know this sounds annoying, but I was given very VERY strict orders during that time sir" He said, then waited for his response

"Tucker, the Gamma Project is over. It's been over ever since you went MIA. Congratulations. You are now 1st Lieutenant Tucker. You're now under Robbins's control, and you will be part of Spetznaz. Next time you want to change places, just remember, do I value my life? Emperor out." The Emperor said, and cut the comm. Meanwhile, his armour was finished repairing.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Superstitious Sands (Closing Soon)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus