Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Superstitious Sands (Closing Soon)

Tucker (played by Chris_Pike)

Tucker shook his head "If we go around shooting random people it will give us a bad reputation, People will think the HRA Empire and or your clan are horrible people, inturn they start too sympathize with the enemy, they then join the enemy because they think we are bad people, Then we have more people shooting at us" He then crouched down to the akrid's level "could kindly answer Robbins Question"" he said in a non-tense and friendly voice, Something very odd since he normally talked in a rather intimating voice
Xiara (played by KingofHaddock) Topic Starter

The tall skeletal Actarian, shook it's head eerily. It was unable to speak with it's voice box gone. It began to become restless. It pointed it's disfigured bone like arm towards a tunnel, making unusual noises by scraping it's jaw into it's skull. It was as if the being wanted to show the group something.

Xiara still kept himself in his place, waiting for his time to make an action, or for a form of question. Whilst he did not wish for any form of conflict, he could not help but feel slightly indifferent to the conversation. While it was good to remain neutral, he felt that it was wrong to be apathetic. So he only stood, though with running water now up to his knees.
Captain Robbins (played by HRA)

"I say lets follow it. He knows that we could destroy it in a matter of seconds, right?" Robbins said, and he knew that the demon, or whatever it was, understood English. Hell, if it was nodding it's head to what they said, then yes. Of course it would. He walked forward, moving slowly. He knew that they only had a few minutes before they all drowned. Well. At least the others would. He and his five men had their gas masks.

Tuckers helm had a built in gas mask and filter, He could last quite sometime down here, Though, He never would willingly "I Agree with Robbins, We should follow the Akrid" He said getting back up too his feat and then turned and spoke too the Akrid "If you wish too show us something, Now is the time"

"I truly do not think it even wants to cause any form of conflict." Xiara stated. "I think that it simply wishes to show us something interesting." Xiara stood up properly, ready to move onward. He meditated on the idea that the Creature did not intend to lead any of them into a trap. If such was true, his sympathy for the creature would be null, and he would have no qualms about the offworlders turning it into a bone-like mist.

The Skeleton turned behind it self, running into a curved tunnel, with a faint light by the end of it. It was definitely leading them somewhere, and it was an entrance into the city, though no mere simple entrance. There was probably something more to it, and the being was probably aware of the cynicism of it's watchers, but it carried on never the less.

"Is that... an entrance? But why?" Robbins asked, a little skeptical about why the skeleton thing led them out of the tunnel. It was just one weird day. A body transforming into a demon, an alien allying with them, and a skeleton led them into the city. "I'm getting too old for this."

"I think that must be a secret entrance into the city. And I too think that there is more to this creature than it seems." Xiara prepared to follow the Skeleton. He would choose to follow first, so that if this skeleton lead them into a trap, Xiara would fall so his acquaintances would not be caught off guard. Though Xiara himself truly believed that these beings were experienced. He followed the skeleton through the lit tube, though as he followed, the skeleton suddenly jumped to the light and through the opening, disappearing. Seeing this, Xiara suddenly began to run. He was annoyed, hoping that this was not a trap.

Tucker looked at Robbins "You don't look that old" He said following the group, He had his hands ready too grab a knife or a pistol at any point, Chris then noticed the creature and Xiara start too run, He then bolted off after them so he could keep up

"I'm fifty years old, sweetheart. The genetic alteration I go through hides it." Robbins said, looking at Tucker. Taking a sigh, he jumped into action, running towards the opening. He didn't care if it was a trap. They could get out of it fairly easily with their weapons.

There was a light to the outside, but the creature was nowhere to be found. As if it had disappeared, but then Xiara looked beneath him. And there was large gab between the tunnel and the outer water supply. Xiara then saw that the Skeleton had purposefully fell to it's death. Perhaps the depraved creature believed that it's use had now been fulfilled, probably welcoming death. Xiara took a sigh. The demise of any being was seemingly awful to him.

"It was probably better off" Tucker said trying to help get rid of any of Xiara's guilt, Tucker looked around too see where they were "Interesting place..." Tucker than put his hands on his knife and pistols holsters "Looks like the outside, What can we expect?" He asked turning too Xiara

Xiara sighed. Tucker was right. None should have to be condemned to such a cruel, glorified form of torture. "From what I can tell, from the large wall to the left lies a shanty town called Qu'barish, which came about due to the large influx of illegal aliens that immigrated from the Actarian Empire's outer colonies." Xiara was not looking forward to entering squalorous den. Qu'barish was the small hub of illegal arms and drugs, but the security police had little power over the Kingpins. "This place is at the very bottom of the city, so that it is isolated from the rest of the people." Xiara said as he climbed down the seemingly bottomless set of ladders. "Full of dirty gangs and unfortunates that are forced into a life of poverty. I do whatever I can in my power as a Caretaker to aid these people."

Tucker nodded and continued too follow Xaria "Have you made any progress with these people?" He asked out of curiosity. He hated heights, though, He would never let that stop him on a mission

"This is your beautiful city?" Robbins asked, looking around. It reminded him of the slums of the HRA capital, which wasn't all that different from here. On a good day, the alleys were full of crime. On a bad day, it was practically a war between the SA and the criminals. "Where's the capital building?"

"Assuming whether I lived here or not, that's for the citizens here to decide." Xiara replied, whilst looking down toward an aqueduct that separated the slum districts. "All I know is that the citizens who live up top, and those who live down here would both have some very conflicting opinions" As he spoke, Xiara pointed to a thick, levitating tower, thousands of feet above, which served as the council meeting hub, where Actarian and alien diplomats came to settle agreements. Though there would be little to find here in East city, which was simply a vassal of the western power.

"Most of what happens here in the bottom slums is regarded is unimportant, no offense to those who are forced to reside here." Xiara spoke as he walked to holo bridge. "For a better view of the city, we'd best get ourselves a little higher."

"If I said 'Take me to your leader' it'd be too cliche, but that's just too damn bad... Because it's the only phrase I can say right now that would make sense," Robbins said, chuckling and turning to Xiara with a grin. He holstered his SMG on his back, and tightened the strap so it didn't flap around when he ran. His trench coat would, however flap in the wind while he ran. It was just unavoidable. "Take me to your leader, Xiara, my kind sir."

Tucker smirked at these twos interactions, He kept followed them while making sure nothing attacked him, He had his thermal Visor, Though, If any creatures or inhabitants did not have any body heat, Or could mask their signatures some how he would have no way of telling if anyone was near them. He was on here long enough, If not too damn long enough, Too know that some people would attack you for walking the wrong way in their eyes. Still he knew not everyone was like that but he knew he needed too be on guard just in case.

Xiara smiled under the cowl, though with his severed face, it would not make a difference to what others saw anyway. "Very well, I'll take you three to the Duke of East City. But we must first ascend through the holo-vator." Before the four of them was a large, cylinder-like tube that went either directly up or down. Up led to the more richer cantons of East City, down descended back into the sewers" Xiara adjusted himself as he walked upon the platform, but he suddenly thought for a moment. The local Kingpins control these districts. They probably have some sort of cctv keeping a good look of all the refugees in Qu'barish. They'll probably have something to say about a couple of unusual looking newcomers, which included Xiara, within the shantytown.

After the thought, he made his way upon the platform, making a gesture for Tucker, Robbins, and Vagabundo to come aboard, though he was unsure if Robbins' squad also planned to follow.

"If you don't mind, my squad will follow, but they're going to be guards outside the meeting. I can't risk a fight." Robbins said, following him onto the holo-vator and squeezing in. He was going to use them as guards in case anything happened, but he doubted anything would. He looked around, staring at the city. So different, yet.. such the same.

Tucker turned too Robbins "Would that include me sir? My armor does not exactly make anyone feel easy im sure" He than started following them awaiting an answer

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Superstitious Sands (Closing Soon)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus