Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » CLOSED// Fall- Pumpkin pies and ghostly sighs.

Kiran (played by Leighoflight)

Kiran smiled at Lucy seeming so thrilled at the idea of an easter egg style hunt with pumpkins “ Yeah why not?” He glanced down to see her stop her sentence and in that enthusiasm just as Alwina pulled him to the side. Something was going on.

Stepping to the side with Alwina he leaned down considerably to make sure her whispering was heard in full. Keeping his own voice low as he replied “mmh hmm…you mentioned your work earlier, sounds like your more the expert on these matters than I am…” Keeping his comments quick to avoid suspicion. Alwina’s subtle display confirmed all his suspicions which he responded to with a smirk “I knew it. I’ll keep them occupied no worries.” Giving her a thumbs up then following whatever it was Lucy had decided was the next course of action. It was her bucket list after all.

Eyes narrowed at the mention of this new lady knowing of a pumpkin patch nearby “It’s not on a farmers land is it? I wouldn’t want to get caught stealing…” He’d follow Lucy and Sandra who had walked on ahead, it would take him long to catch up.

At the sight of the pumpkin patch he stood by the treelike and stared, this wasn’t normal. He’d look around the edge of the clearing, it was completely enclosed within the forest. No sane farmer would have created such unless they were going for a special gimmick just for autumn. Kiran may have even believed this theory if it weren’t for all the other suspicious stuff happening. Looking back to check to see where Alwina was, he felt he’d need the back up.

For his own sense of security he pulled out a small plastic lancet from his pocket and twisted the safety off it. Putting the safety cap in his pocket and holding onto the live lancet in his closed hand.
He didn’t dare enter the clearing for the time being.
Sandra Sherman (played by randomentity777)

Sandra looks back at Kiran. "You alright over there? We might need a hand with a pumpkin when we pick one." She turns back to Lucy. "Which one do you think will be the best for whatever it is you're gonna do with it?"
Alwina Coldwill (played by Thatnerdychick)

Alwina growled under her breath and had rejoined them a few moments later, though it had seemed like they had tried to leave her behind with the addition of sandra who seemed a bit too fast she would stand beside kiran, hand on her book ready to pull it put as she whispered to the red headed man. "Definitely an entity somewhere around that property. It mentioned how it wanted to play a game.." she would say as she looked over the pumpkin patch. "This is pretty suspect. Also guys. Try to uh. Slow down? Please. You nearly left me behind."
Lucinda Smith (played by Kotomi657) Topic Starter

"All the pictures I saw showed really cool big ones. Although I think it's Important to find one you can move easily." Lucinda explained to Sandra, eventually picking a pumpkin up. It was medium sized, not too much bigger then her hands. It was perfect.

Glancing up to Alwina, Lucinda's brows furrowed in concern. "I just left you behind ? Ah...I got tunnel visioned I suppose. I'm sorry." To make amends Lucy lifted up her pumpkin. "Look what we found though. Did you still want one?" Even further back was Kiran who hadn't entered the clearing. Why was no one as interested as she was? "What's wrong? Alwina? Kiran?"

Kiran leaned down again to better hear Alwina whispering “Around the cabin or this clearing? Last long as it isn’t the type of games with from those movies with the creepy puppet on a bike we should be fine….”
Standing back up properly he called out “Yeah I agree this seems a bit suspicious, pumpkin patches don’t just pop up someone planted this here…” He couldn’t see any signposts or anything such as a fence to keep people out.

“Should we tell her or is that going to cause more worry…” he said to Alwina in a hushed tone while looking out over the pumpkin patch that Lucy and Sandra stood in.

"Guys?" Sandra seemed slightly confused. "Is it just me, or is anyone else getting a sense of something looming over us. Kinda like we're being watched?" She looks around the pumpkin patch, but it was just the four of them.

(please skip me this round)

"Voices? What are you talking about ?" Lucinda looked curiously between Kiran, Alwina then peered at Sandra. It was evident no one was enjoying this as much as she was. Her shoulders deflated , her pumpkin clinging to her hands. "It's just a bunch of trees there's nothing to be afraid of really. I haven't seen any bears." Huffing, Lucinda put her pumpkin down. Instead she traversed to another part of the patch. Using her baggy sweater dress she used the bottom part of her it as a pouch to hold and put smaller pumpkins in them, grabbing five in all. An extra just in case.

Standing up finally, her knees and leg brace were a bit dirty from dirt, her hands clinging to the pouch full of pumpkins. Her face was a bit pouty and she peered at them. "Well scouts- let's head back home. I know the forest can be scary. Besides when we go back we can do the carving which will be fun right ? Come come . Back to safety." Lucinda insisted, leading them back to the house.

Would follow Lucinda. "something just.. feels off is all. You ever gone somewhere and then get this uncomfortable feeling? It's like that." she would say as she caught up to the woman, kind of sorry for poking holes in her fun. "tell ya what. While we're carving pumpkins I'll show you some neat tricks." she said to try and cheer lucy up as they walked back towards the house, though she'd stop at her van and climb inside to get a few things.

"I understand that feeling. I've had it a few times." Sandra answered. "Of course, if you guys wouldn't mind, I'd love to tag along for some pumpkin carving."

Kiran sighed as Lucy deflated, he didn’t yet have it in him to explain that there was more going on than she thought. After her dismissal of magic in the face of what he could see was obvious. Then again it would be in his position.

“Yeah, lets go home and carve those pumpkins.” offering her a smile and waiting for the three ladies to go back through the brush so he could walk behind them. Once at the cabin he watched Alwina head to her van “I’ve got some tools with be that would be perfect for these tiny pumpkins, let’s go inside and I’ll get them from my room.” Ushering Lucy and Sandra indoors.

"This is gonna be fun!" Sandra smiled at Lucy and Kiran. "I haven't done pumpkin carving since I was a kid."

"Tricks...?" Lucinda peered up to Alwina, her pout slowly dissolving. Tricks did sound fun...besides she hardly knew how to carve it in the first place. "Mm okays...". Lucy replied, still somewhat sulking. However with Kiran hurrying inside to get his materials, and Sandra's further exclamation of joy , her disheartened stature was lifting. Lucy did smile even just alittle. "Heh, okay! I'll make a space on the counter for us and get the Inspo up on my phone!" Glancing down at the small pumpkins she held, Lucinda didn't mind that her dress was now completely dirty. They'd finally be able to make their carvings ! Before heading inside Lucy would curiously look to Alwina's van- inspecting the detailing out of curiosity and peaking inside briefly.

Upon returning to the home, Sandra could see the lodge the three of them shared was quite large- grand enough to accommodate the three with ease. Heading inside towards the kitchen counter Lucinda neatly set the pumpkins up. "I haven't done it in awhile either. With Alwina's tricks and Kiran's tools I know they will come out great." A small folded page came from the girl's pocket, and she crossed off another item from her Fall to do list. "I wonder what you'd use...maybe a normal knife? Sandra can you grab me one from the drawer? We've got to have one somewhere-"

"I've got it." Sandra answers as she looks through the drawers until she finds some knives. "You need one of a particular size? There's all kinds here."

Alwina would join them inside after she grabbed a little cloth bag from her van, shutting the door behind. "Alright, let's get started." she'd say with a smile, trying to make up for being a downer earlier. she still kinda felt bad about that. ruining the mood and all.

"Okay, I've got the knife for carving the pumpkin." Sandra's cheeriness was very welcoming. "This is gonna be great!"

"Ok, let me go get my bits then" He headed out of the kitchen and silently mouthed "You good?" with a tilted head and a thumbs up to Alwina. Curious to know if he still needed to be a distraction or not.

Taking the stairs two or three at a time he darted up the stairs and into his room for a brief moment then came back down and into the kitchen. "You may want to stick to the simpler designs but I might try something a bit more technical. Please be careful they are sharp." Kiran then casually set down four metal scalpels on the kitchen counter all of varying sizes of blade. "Don't worry about getting them blunt." And with that he'd pick up one of the pumpkins and a kitchen knife and get to work cutting the stem out of the pumpkin, cutting at an angle.

Lucinda offered the helpful Sandra a smile and nod, taking hold of one of the knives to try. However her eyes were immediatly glued to the "fancy" kit the man brought out. Kiran wasted no time getting to work which prompted a curious Lucinda staring intently at his methods. Clearly he was skilled with his tool set, and fluidly (atleast so it appeared) cut into the surface of one of the pumpkins. "How do you do that?" Tucking her own hair back, Lucinda allowed her knife to poke the surface of the pumpkin.

It didn't carve as smoothly as Kiran's had- getting stuck in the thick skin infront of her. Ditching the kitchen knife for one from Kiran's kit before her, Lucinda continiusly looked to what Kiran was doing- trying to replicate it for herself. Why was it so hard to poke cool patterns into this thing?

"Alwina- can you help me do what he's doing? Do you have a cool kit in that bag if yours?" She inquired, peaking back behind Alwina. Lucinda had Kiran on one side of her, and hoped Alwina would come to her other side to assist.

"Also Sandra, what will you be making? I am guessing you'll do lots of stuff like this once your baby is born~."

(sorry for the delay)

"I can certainly try to help. Oh this? This is some personal stuff. I just needed to have it. It's medication. anway." she said as she observed kiran then tried to help Lucinda do the same with her pumpkin. "I don't worth with knives too often I'm afraid. So, I'll not be as good as he is. But hey, gotta try at least." she'd say as she bounced between lucinda and Kiran to see if she could aid in the process somehow. It wasn't great, but not terrible at least. an attempt was made.

"You're right about that." Sandra smiled at Lucy. "I think I'm just gonna stick with a traditional Jack'O Lantern. I prefer to save the more elaborate designs for things of a smaller scale that come pre-molded. I like to collect hobby models for tabletop games."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » CLOSED// Fall- Pumpkin pies and ghostly sighs.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus