Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Forest Hybrid

SunbroTheAbysswalker

I'm kinda nervous to do this, but here we go, I guess!

Ideas:

-Hybrid between human and some sort of forest animal
-Male
-Running away from something or someone
The character has antlers like deers
They are running away from hunters
I feel like a Leshy/Leshi would be a good species for you to use for this character idea. A masculine forest creature of slavic origins. They take humanoid shape, but often are depicted with horns and with wolves or bears.

He could be running from a mysterious disease or devious entity that is quickly starting to infect the forest that he inhabited. Could also be a chaotic god that has promised him nothing but misery. He could be fleeing the forest in an attempt to try and retrieve some sort of cure or magical item that will help him fight back.
I feel like he would be more stoic. Either that or soft XD
and depending on what he's running away from, many animals work! One that came in mind for me is a deer. Deer always run haha
Following the god idea here. Perhaps he's running from Cernunnos or another hunter god? Cernunnos is a guardian of the forest as well as the master of the hunt, relishing more in the chase than actually capturing his prey. This can keep the prey running for their entire lives should the god choose. Some ideas for why he might be hunted include...
  • One of his human ancestors ( or closer relations ) might have done something so heinous to the forest, its creatures, or the god himself where the character's blood line has been marked to be hunted. He wouldn't be aware of this, however, and must find why he's being hunted and how to break the curse.
  • Could be a hybrid of a rare or special creature which the god wants to keep in his eternal realm.
  • perhaps he angers the god in some way, bringing their wrath on their head.
  • Cursed item
  • Maybe his compassion is so great he took on someone else's curse, removing the hunt from them and placing it on him.
  • Or he was just one of the unlucky souls who was randomly chosen to be hunted.
Here's my idea:

So, the character in question is depicted as a hybrid between a rabbit and a human: He looks mostly like a short, young human wearing an oversized robe made of fur, along with the ears, tail, and legs of a rabbit. He serves as the Guardian of the Forest, and is in charge of making sure the humans do not harm the wildlife or the environment they live in. While he is a guardian, he is known to be quite shy and skittish, and has no intentions on revealing himself to the humans. But even though the humans are unaware of his existence, he still appears to be running away from something.

So what could this character be running from? Easy: another forest hybrid!

This second hybrid is part human, part wolf. Wolves prey on rabbits. It's only natural that the rabbit hybrid is afraid of the wolf hybrid.
Wolves are also related to dogs, which is man's best friend. We can assume that the wolf hybrid likes the humans and wants to ensure their well being; the only thing standing in the way between the humans and being able to hunt, is the rabbit hybrid.

So, the rabbit hybrid is just trying to discreetly do his job and protect the forest, but the wolf hybrid insists on scaring the rabbit away so the humans may hunt for food.

And... that's all I could think of. XD

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Forest Hybrid

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus