Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 2112 (Ask to join/Invite)

Chris (played by Chris_Pike)

"Its an Honor too meet both of you, How was your trip here?" He asked in curiosity, He had heard the crew talk about some kind of ghost ship? He had hoped The Two had got here alright "If you would like I can show you around the ship?"
Erren Saetine (played by Terel)

(I can see that too. Watching my enemies/potential enemies blow themselves always makes the prettiest light show)

Erren suppressed a derisive snort, "Attack us? NEVEC is already engaged with the HRA Empire, your forces on the Neutral Zone seem to have taken quite the beating. I wouldn't be surprised if the battle turned into a rout. You keep your ships on your side of our borders and we don't blast your ships to subatomic particles. But if just even a drone crosses our borders all bets are off."

Once his reinforcements arrived, Erren was confident that he could take on anything either faction could throw at him. They were only humans after all, primitive heathens. He almost wished one of them would violate Xin'Ta'Faxi territory so he could send them to meet The Guardian. But he had his orders. He wasn't to provoke them. The Imperium had tried to maintain peaceful relations with heathen outsiders, to be seen as a shining light of culture and diplomacy in the galaxy. Warmongering was a sure-fire way to earn the mistrust and hatred of every species in known space. It was partly the reason the Xin'Ta'Faxi were so wary of the present NEVEC/HRA conflict - humans had a tendency to xenophobia, especially the HRA. With large fleets massing near their borders it would take just one overzealous commander to cause a HRA incursion into Imperial territory.

"ETA on our reinforcements?" Erren asked his comms officer.

"High Command reports that Guardian's Sword Squadron is en-route to the border, they should arrive within range to support us within the next few days. Until then the border patrols have increased and the Outer Colonies have been put on alert." He reported.

Erren smiled, "Good, very good. I'd love to see the face on those human infidels when they see a Purgatio Luminarium Titan for the first time. It'll put th fear of The Guardin in them!"
Hunter Archill (played anonymously)

((That's actually spot on when I'm planning my posts...))

Hunter made a quick exit. He took a back door out of the warehouse, small explosions destroying all his cameras and equipment, but the building remained mostly in tact. The detonations distracted the crowed, causing screams to fill the air and several citizens to flee. Hunter used this panic to push through the crowd.

The escape went as he had planned until he was stopped at the station for a random check. "Let's see your ID," said one of the officers.

Crap. Hunter's ID said he was HRA, and after that little fiasco they would definitely be suspicious. He had no other choice but to make a break for his ship and get off this planet as fast as possible.

With this in mind Hunter struck out at the first guard, sending him stumbling backwards. This caused much more attention to turn towards him than he wanted. The guard standing next to the one he just struck drew out his pistol and shot.

Hunter took off running towards his docked ship as other guards tried to stop him. The bullet that was fired lodged itself in his chest plate. Two guards stood in his way, Hunter pulled out his dagger and charged forwards. The first one took a shoulder to the chest, the second one took the knife. Blood spilled onto the floor, and even more did when rifles fired from atop the guard towers. A bullet went through Hunter's arm after going through a weak spot in his armor. His own blood left a dotted crimson trail behind him.

"System, remote start up ship, run body diagnostics!" Hunter shouted orders into his suit, his voice being muted to the outside world. The engine of his ship lit up as he got closer to it and the door slid open.

Ship started. Diagnostics check complete. Damage not critical, proper medical treatment available aboard main vessel.

Thank goodness. A bullet exploded into concrete beside him as he took the last turn and literally dove into his ship, the door slamming closed behind him. Bullets riddled the exterior as he grimaced and climbed into his seat. "System, auto pilot enabled."

Request acknowledged, autopilot commencing.

More bullets riddled the ship. "Just get the H*** out of here already!"

The engines roared and tore out of the station. The exterior jingled as damaged pieces broke off in the atmosphere, a critical warning sign appeared on the counsel as damage increased with the heat. Then He reached the great void and readings settled down.

Hunter took a breath and let it out. "System, set coordinates for home."

Request acknowledged, coordinates set.

The ship turned and started off in the direction it was meant to go. The first few minutes were peaceful, then three red dots appeared on the screen. Crap, they sent ships after me. Hunter looked up from where he was bandaging his wound, his helmet, gloves, and arm piece lay on the table next to his seat. He quickly finished the bandaging, the wound still needing tending to, and put his armor back on.

The ship rocked as the first shot hit it just above the engine. Crap. Hunter sat down in the pilot's chair and looked at the screens. His ship had taken a lot of damage, a few more and- another shot tore off part of his wing- one more shot and it's over. Hunter locked his armor, making him capable of being in open space without exploding. "System, commence warp jump to coordinates."

Request acknowledged. Jump commencing.

The ship started to slip away into space as one last shot exploded onto his primary engine. The warp was completed just in time to not kill him in the process. However, after leaving that threat behind, Hunter quickly found a new one. A ship, much larger than his, loomed in front of him, it looked like a frigate. With only two secondary engines Hunter could hardly steer.

Hunter thought about his decisions, but one was soon made for him. Part of the primary engine exploded, knocking him forwards against the screen with enough force that one of them shattered against his helmet. Chemicals from the primary engine seeped into the secondary, making the electronics go haywire. The ship speed up, then twisted and turned, going all directions. At one point Hunter swears it did a loop around the ship he was trying very hard, now having manual controls, not to hit.

The ship came to face the frigate's engine and locked into position. Hunter couldn't even get it to be a narrow pass, especially at this speed. There was only one thing left to do. The mercenary said goodbye to his ship, stood up, and walked to the back. He would rather lose his ship than his own life. He was going to eject himself out the door.

A second explosion from one of the secondary engines knocked him against the back wall as part of the interior broke free. The air rushed out of the ship, pinning Hunter against the wall as his pilot's chair tore free and hurled towards him. he rolled out of the way and climbed towards the hole. He got through as it rocked, sending him swinging towards the spinning blades of the failed engine. Although it no longer had any heat or fire, or anything else, the blades it used to run would slice him right in half.

Hunter grabbed a bar to steady himself, his body coming closer as the current of the air pushed him out. The blades sparked as they nicked the toes of his boots before he had a good enough grip to push himself away.

Then he floated there, drifting slowly away from his once exquisite ship. He sent out a distress signal, his suit working as the beacon, as the ship collided with the engine, first being crushed by it's power, then exploding inside it.
Joel Ravage (played by Kurt)

Joel looked to Chris and walked up. He made sure to have eye contact before removing his helmet. He tucked it under his arm and opened his mouth to begin speaking, "All I need is to see all possible entrance and exits of the ship, the armory, and the engine room." he looked at Duke, "If that is suitable.." he said sarcastically.
Laroche Peyton (played by Jabonicus)

(Oh don't worry. I have several empires up my sleeve. Oh so many.... Hehehehe.....)
The ground shook so violently that the floors began to crack. Tentacles began ripping through the floors, grabbing and throwing any HRA soldiers they could find. The Underkeep itself was nowhere to be seen.

Laroche grabbed something from his pocket. He stuck it against the door, stumbling back. He fell down as it began beeping. He grinned, glad they didn't search him before they did this.

NEVEC messages sprang to life again. "You say we are losing, without noticing that less than 1 percent of our soldiers are humans." Then it died, supposedly for the last time.
Captain Robbins (played by HRA) Topic Starter

"My trip was alright. Got to tell them a story about the Ghost Ship. And thank you, I've been told that many times, but it still feels nice to hear that." Robbins said, nodding and grinning. He looked over at Joel. Joel was having the worst possible time of his life, and he probably wanted to just get to the armoury and sharpen something. No problem, Robbins didn't mind. "No, I'm fine. I have to get to the bridge first. Do you mind? I've been on a Heavy Cruiser before, but it's been a bit."

And he waved his hand, asking him to show the way without actually saying anything. Such was the point of gestures: conveying questions or answers without actually verbally replying. And such was the way of the universe. At least, theirs.

"Captain, I can already tell you one of the exits. The air lock where I space your sorry ass if you don't behave. You got that?" Duke asked, looking Joel straight in the eye when he said that. The SS had a way with things. If you pissed them off, good luck. You're probably dead. And even worse was the SS Marines. They were huge men who could kill you with their fists.

He started walking when suddenly, there was an alarm. The frigate nearby was hit.

Robbins looked out the nearest window, and saw the Frigate get hit in the engine by the small ship colliding with it. First the metal literally folded in on itself, then it exploded, sending metal and some men into space, killing them slowly.

Fire shot out of the hole, and was extinguished by the lack of oxygen in the atmosphere. But it didn't stop there. There was three possible options that could happen. One was that the fuel would ignite, blowing the ship up in a series of explosions. Two was that the engine could go critical, creating a nuclear blast proportionate to the ship's size. And the last, was that the Warp Drives could go critical and detonate, which would create an unstable Warp Hole which would suck the nearby ships into it and explode violently.

Luckily, the first one happened, and the explosions tore the ship in half, tipping off the 14 inch magazine and the Las turret energy stores. Soon the entire ship was torn apart by the explosion, and Robbins just watched. He hated seeing ships go down. "Get a shuttle out there immediately!"

Power surge detected

The computer beeped, and Arik watched. So. This was going to be fun. There was an open control panel for heat, water, food, air, etc. and it was in an area filled with flammable nerve gas. So what would he do? What would any smart man in his position do? He overloaded it.

A bright flash of electricity surged through the wires, sparking the control panel, and igniting the gas. It didn't explode, but it did burn like rocket fuel. The glass on the windows shot off, blowing outwards as the 10,000 degree fire began destroying anything in sight. So much for those little buggers. Anything that lived would die off from the wounds, anyways. 5th and 6th degree burns were not fun.

"FIRE! FIRE EVERYTHING!" The captain shouted, and they held their ground, blasting into the tentacles. The four barreled 50mm guns tore through the fleshy armour like nothing, ripping it apart. Gas grenades and bombs were dropped into the hole, trying to blow it up. But it probably was going to be useless. They had never fought anything like this before.

"Everyone! Evacuate the world! EVACUATE!" The Captain ordered, and sent a transmission to the fleet, who got it. They understood. They knew what to do. Every large ship with Orbital Bombardment capabilities began reloading their OB weapons, pointing them once again to the ground. They could rebuild fortresses easily. Every ship began broadsiding the planet, aiming their guns.

"Alright. Coalition forces, you have 30 minutes to pick up all the HRA soldiers still left on the planet. Go now!" Vladimir ordered, knowing that the planet only had 40 minutes to live before it was wiped off the map. At least, all life on it. "Open a comm channel with the Imperium! I got a proposition they can't refuse."

Chris sprang into action "BATTLE STATIONS! GET A SHUTTLE OUT THERE STAT!" He yelled across the deck, He yelled battle stations due too the fact that whatever collided with that frigate might have friends. The crew on the deck ran around prepping a shuttle, Chris pulled out a standard arms pistol, He kept it with him at all times in the event of a boarding where he was, The shuttle was then prepped and ready too go, Chris took the chip out of his pocket and handed it too an SS Solider on the deck "Get this too a hidden location, In a storage pod buried under other things, In a hidden location anywhere hidden is good" He then walked upto Joel and Robbins "Do you two have any idea what just happened?"
Augustus Terminus (played by HvyArtillery)

"Sir, HRA is giving time to evacuate all people on the planet. Including their troops." The Comm officer reported.

"Hm, didn't even have to give my proposition." Terminus said with a small grin. "Alright, tell the hanger bay that the mission is a go. Also, alert all other UCP ships nearby to do the same." He paused, thinking for several seconds before saying. "Assign security teams to each shuttle so no NEVEC Akrid can threaten the operation."

"Yes sir."

Half a minute later, dozens of shuttle craft left the safety of the Constantine's hanger bay, zipping towards the planet. They were join by shuttles from the other fifteen Coalition ships that had been assigned the evacuation mission. They flew through the HRA fleet, careful to not get into their lines of fire and entered the atmosphere, scanning for HRA and civilian signatures to rescue.

Joel just smiled at Duke and stood still, "Is that on Port Side?" He pulled his helmet back on as the alarm sounded and moved to stand by Robbins, "I think some of my friends are coming over," he laughed and shifted his weight to bettr balance the PA. He looked to Robbins, "When can I go say hello?" He started shifting uneasily, getting eager to fight. That rage of his was starting to boil, the call of war coursing in his veins.

((You did have me pegged earlier, I am waiting for my fight xD))

(So the one day I decide to not check this website, you guys all post. I swear you are all out to get me.)
Laroche opened his right eye, the other was clouded by dirt. Every inch of his body hurt, and he was too hot. He started to crawl, his legs didn't work. He was bleeding, and in the time he was crawling, he bled more than a normal man should. He crossed the HRA/NEVEC boundary, crawling past several Akrid. He passed out as several black pairs of feet ran towards him, radio signals coming off them like crazy.

The Underkeep began ripping through walls with undamaged tentacles. The ones that were cut off quickly grew back. They were making their way to the control room.

"I don't have any idea what happened, but I can tell you one thing. There is no more of that Frigate, and whatever hit that thing isn't going to do it again, because there the pilot is," Robbins said, pointing to the man floating around in space. The Shuttle managed to get out to him, and began pulling him in, shutting their doors behind the man.

The debris began hitting the ship, bouncing off the shields or being absorbed. There were no more survivors. That small ship had ripped through the engine and destroyed it completely. It was thorough and, amazingly, accidental.

"Bring that man to me. I know who he is. He's Arik's little pet. Now he's my little information boy." Robbins said, grabbing his TLHG50 (Terran Las Hand Gun .50) out of his holster, and running towards the hanger bay. This was going to be a very, very good time.

"You are in for a surprise. Grab your PAC! We got a visitor!" Duke said, and took out his TLHG55, running towards the hanger bay where Robbins was. There was a rumor going out about some old Artifact technology that was made by the aliens that inhabited Earth before they came, but that could be just rumors.

((You're on the HRA homeplanet. There is no HRA/NEVEC boundary. But there can be the guards who came in and rescued him?))

"Find those guards! I want to get Laroche back in custody! And now!" Arik ordered, getting up and running to his armour. It was on the wall, all ready for him to wear. He ran his hand along it, and hit the activation runes.

He turned around, and the armour was suited on him, the metal glittering in the light. The shoulder pads were huge, squarish pieces, and in it was computer chips, data banks, and shield generators stored inside, so they weren't entirely useless.

It was full body metal armour, extending down to the feet itself. It was black, and had the ranks on the shoulders. He wore a black and red cape on his back, and he had the HRA flag on his right chest, and the Chief of Staff emblem on it.

He grabbed his TLHG50's and put them on his side holsters, his TLHG30 in his ankle holster, and his THG60 in his chest holster. "Get my personal jeep. I'm finding him."

Joel said nothing as he adjusted himself again and began making steady steps to the others as if all was just a fine day in the park. Beneath the helm however he was already grinding his teeth. His veins pulsed heavy as adrenline was trying to release itself, he had to keep calm. Not now, no rage yet.

His lips curled into a dark grin, as the hopeful thought of playing Interrogatior danced through his mind.

Chris still had his hand gun out and was following robbins, then saw what was left of the frigate out a window "Damn" He said, then continued too follow robbins too the hangar
Hunter Archill (played anonymously)

For a time Hunter just floated there, his suit the only thing keeping him alive as he found himself being much luckier than those his ship had crashed into. He knew he couldn't get to the surface without a ship, his armor would peel off in the atmosphere, the damage he had only sort of repaired exposing his skin to rip off just the same.

Then, from behind him, came a ship. It slowed as it approached him and then it pulled him into it, where he lay. He wasn't moving just yet, his armor had locked up, maybe it was for the best. At this time nobody could open it, especially from the outside. The explosions and radiation caused his system to reboot. As soon as it did he unlocked his armor, but then left it sealed. He lay there, his armor letting his limbs fall to the floor with a clank, and stayed limp. With his suit sealed only he could open it, which meant he was safe, so were his guns that were held by the armor.
Kestrel Trap (played by VOCOM)

"Alright Kestrel, we need you to help the HRA in taking down NEVEC. The HRA would prove to be a bigger enemy than NEVEC if provoked. Sneak into a NEVEC ship and take down the crew, download Intel, and get it to HRA." The VOCOM Spy Leader said over the radio. Kestrel nodded, jumping out of his ship so he wouldn't show up on the radar due to his helmet. His helmet was VOCOM technology, and kept radars from seeing him, whether it be through electromagnetic fields to heat signatures.
"Anything else Chief?"
"No, try to use your face-dancing if possible. That will make it a lot easier, and a lot more quiet."
"Got it." He said as he floated towards the airlock of the NEVEC ship.

The NEVEC ship didn't detect Kestrel, and operations for outer-space attacks were still being planned on board.

The NEVEC guards put a helmet on Laroche, and helped carry him towards a small HRA vessel.

The Akrid began to break into the compound, running into the halls and cornering then killing any personal they could find. They began to swarm in various areas, going like a flood through halls.

The Xin'Ta'Faxi were still watching the battle rage in the Neutral Zone through the cameras of the scout frigates that had arrived in the system to observe. The Third Fleet itself was still holding position in a nearby system. They wouldn't be jumping to the Neutral Zone unless they received orders from High Command.

"Admiral, the HRA vessels appear to be preparing for a second barrage of the planet... ships orientating towards... their own fortress?" The sensor officer seemed slightly confused, "Ah.. one moment, sir, Comms, can you get the scout to focus their sensors on the HRA fortress?"

The comms officer nodded and transmitted some orders to the scout ship, a few minutes later the sensor officer was analysing the data the frigate was sending, "Ah... NEVEC have attacked with some kind of Akrid. I don't believe we have it on the database. It appears to be located deep underneath the fortress. The HRA must be trying to kill it."

"Scouts report comms chatter between HRA and UCP forces." The comms officer reported.

"Sensors show UCP vessels are heading to the planet. They must be evacuating the planet." The sensor officer said.

Erren nodded, "I see. I expect we'll be getting a call from the HRA commander any m-"

"Sir, HRA commanding officer is hailing us." The comms officer said.

"Right on cue." Erren said, "Open the channel." He commanded, sitting in his chair with a neutral expression on his face, tinged as ever with the almost innate self-righteous arrogance endemic to his kind, "Warmaster, greetings. What can the Imperium do for you today? The Akrid proving more bothersome than anticipated?"

"No, kind sir, they've provided us with a realization." The Grand Warmaster Vladimir said, looking at the man on the screen. He had to plan this carefully, or else there would not be an HRA homeworld, or an Imperium Homeworld had the enemy been provided with the correct technological information needed to build huge forgeworld class ships. "If they can build a Forgeworld class ship, they will load it with Akrids, which they will send to our homeworlds. Normal soldiers can't take on a 20 foot tall beast. Which is why we have to use our combined force to stop them. I am prepared to give you all the land you take, in return for the help."

Meanwhile, down below, all the HRA forces and civilians they could save saved and sent back up to the fleet. That was all they could save, though. There was still four hundred men still at the base. But they couldn't let it live. Not that thing.

All the ships began loading their guns, and then fired. Over 500 rounds shot through the atmosphere, ripping into the ground below and blowing apart the shields and fortress itself. Walls fell over and were blown apart, and the ground was churned up from even a small shell. Fire raged across in a 100 mile radius, torching up anything inside there.

The shuttle docked into the hanger bay of the Heavy Cruiser, and Robbins, Duke, and Joel were right there with him. Duke had his pistol pointed at Hunter, and Robbins had his gun out, ready to fire. Hunter was a known spy and mercenary for Arik, but only a few knew that.

"Hunter, is that you?" Robbins asked, gun at the ready.

"Want me to interrogate him?" Duke asked, gun pointed at Hunter. This man shouldn't even be alive, yet he was. Good thing he had that artifact armour on.

Erren brought his, to human eyes, too-long, too-thin fingers together and frowned, though the expression was quite subtle on his lip-less mouth, "I very much doubt that NEVEC has the capability to construct such a vessel, but even if they do they would not come within a dozen light-years of the Xia'Vex System, and certainly not close enough to even see the Twin Worlds, nor land those monstrosities on Holy Xi'Teleath itself. Nevertheless we cannot allow NEVEC to continue to utilise such creatures in warfare. The threat they would pose to both of our nations is too great. I will send your proposal back to my superiors, I am certain they will agree but one must observe the formalities. Whilst I await word from Xi'Teleath, however, I will gladly render my aid to you."

Erren's large black eyes almost glittered with anticipation, "It would be a shame to marshal the Third Fleet without giving my men someone to shoot at." He turned his head slightly to look at one of the men at the workstations in front and below him, "Helm, set a course for the Neutral Zone." He looked back at the screen, "We'll rendezvous with you shortly, Warmaster. The Guardian's Sword Squadron should arrive in this region within the next day or so. Perhaps then I can give you an accounting of the true power of the Imperium. Hopefully this little joint venture will help maintain the peaceful and prosperous peace that has endured between Holy Xin'Ta'Fax and the HRA Empire. If that is all, then I will bid you goodbye until we reach the Neutral Zone. May the Light of The Guardian shine upon you and His blessing be upon your Emperor." If the Warmaster had nothing more to say, then Erren would cut the signal.

Barely a minute later the entire Third Fleet jumped to hyperspace.
Kestrel Trap (played by VOCOM)

VOCOM contacted the two Empires, a symbol of a cougar and a wolf staring at each other with malice accompanied it. "This is the VOCOM Empire, NEVEC would become a problem if not shot down now. We are assisting you by sending out one of our Spies, a Face-Dancer."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 2112 (Ask to join/Invite)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus