Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 2112 (Ask to join/Invite)

Captain Robbins (played by HRA) Topic Starter

"Listen to what I am about to say and listen very carefully. What you will hear will determine the fate of perhaps trillions of sentient beings." Ascrith said, dropping his voice down. The room was sound proof, and even bug proof. Only they were in the room. "But I must have a promise from both of you that you will not even breath a word of this."

He looked very serious now, even though he was looking at the Inquisitor. He did not really care what they were saying about his religion. In fact, he didn't even have a religion. There was a reason for the Inquisitors. They purged only those who spread the truth amongst the galaxy: Humans didn't belong here.
Erren Saetine (played by Terel)

Erren paused and consider this a moment and then nodded, "You have my word as an admiral of the Imperial Navy."

Ren examined the humans for a long moment and then, with a sneer, he said, "Fine, say what you wish. I swear as High Inquisitor of the Holy Mother Church and as a True Servant of The Guardian's Light that I will not speak of this."

"Not even to the Archniath." Erren said firmly.

"W-what? Admiral Saetine, the Anointed is beyond reproach." The Inquisitor said, "And to suggest otherwise is-"

"Blasphemy verging on heresy, yes I know. But you will give your word that not even the Archniath will be told, or you can leave." Erren said.

The Inquisitor mottle in anger, but fought it down lest he lash out with his telekinetic abilities, "Very well. Not even His Holiness shall be informed of what will be said here today, I swear upon the Holy Prophet, the Lord Eternal himself."

"Good." Erren said with a nod, "I am reassured that this will remain secret, Ascrith."

"Good. Now, listen carefully, and remember this." Ascrith said, and looked at them, reassured now that they would not tell anyone of what they saw. And he liked that. He was ready to tell them. And perhaps, if they understood why he was an Inquisitor, they would realize that it was that powerful.

"There are races in this galaxy that do not belong here. Humans are one of them. And maybe perhaps your race. But I know for certain, we were the ones who wiped that memory from every single being in this Galaxy. I don't know how, but it happened.

"All I can tell you is this: There was some war. We, and when I say we, I mean every race, had gone to far. We knew too much. So, we took a select few, who were mature enough. They stayed behind to watch over our Galaxy. Then a few others were picked to watch over this one. I, and a few others were sent here to watch over this Galaxy."

The two men listened intently, but when Ascrith seemed to imply the possibility that the Xin'Ta'Faxi were one of the newcomers, Inquisitor Asher stiffened and his skin mottled in rage, "How dare you imply that we-"

"Peace Inquisitor." Erren said sharply, catching the High Inquisitor in a telekinetic grip.

"You dare hold me like this Admiral Saetine!?" Asher snarled, trying to tear himself free with his own mental powers, but Erren was a member of the Sarretel - the elite brotherhood of telekinetic adepts within the Xin'Ta'Faxi military - and his telekinetic grip was like iron.

"Call down Inquisitor, you are shaming yourself." Erren said coldly, before turning his attention to the two humans, not loosening his grip, "I apologise. The homeworld is sacred to us, our holiest world, so sacred in fact that no alien may set foot upon it and be suffered to live. To imply that it is not our true homeworld is... well if you were a member of my race you'd be in the hands of Inquisitor Asher here. I am afraid that my people are natives to this galaxy. A civilisation does not build an ecumenopolis such as Xi'Teleath without thousands of years of civilisation behind them."

The admiral turned to the Inquisitor, "You are to return to the flagship. Breath a word of any of this to anyone and I swear, Inquisitor or no, I will make you regret it." With that, Erren released his hold on Ren, who slumped forward, gasping for breath.

"You've gone too far Admiral Saetine... I will make you pay for this." He said darkly.

"We'll see about that." The admiral said.

"Admiral, I wouldn't be so sure of that. Remember? I said something about a memory wipe. Let me get to that point." Ascrith said, and looked at him. "The first Emperor gathered together all of the most powerful Psychics he could find. Whether or not one of your psychics were with him at that time I cannot say. All I know is that they put their combined effort together, and into the first human born in that day, they put something great. Our First Emperor put his entire consciousness into Captain Robbins, then blocked it with the most powerful psychic block to date.

"As soon as everyone was in their places, he put certain blocks around certain people. Then, leaving specific clues throughout the galaxy that, while alone would never provide any shred of proof, together would show the way back to the old galaxy. When that happened, he left.

"The next day, dated 4001, January 1st in the Human Calander, every single unblocked mind was wiped of any memory of the old galaxy. I don't know how, but it came from Robbins. Now, Robbins, unknowingly, is bringing only the chosen few back. He's going to find that old galaxy. But he's going to take with him only those who are ready.

"That's where I come in. I am an Inquisitor. I find those who are ready. Robbins doesn't know why he's doing this, or what he's doing. He's just going with it. And deep in his mind there is three: Him, the old him, and the Emperor, all working together.

"My job is to A) find those who are ready. And the second part? Kill those who spread the truth that some races shouldn't be here. Why do I need your help? Robbins may be looking for the truth, but he has to be... challenged. A reward is no reward without the challenge involved."

The High Inquisitor gave Ascrith a murderous look, but he was stalled from another outburst by Erren's icy glare, with the Inquisitor chastened into a sullen silence Erren said, "I understand that, Ascrith... but you do realise that if what you say is true, and if my people are not from here... the Imperium would die. The Mother Church would have her very foundations torn asunder, the Emperor's legitimacy would be destroyed, the entire system would collapse... and if it held together there would be an exodus. We could not remain in this galaxy knowing that somewhere out there the Holy Twin Worlds lay void and empty, that even now heathen outsiders could be defiling the sacred worlds."

Erren seemed to shudder back from the thought, "Humans may not belong here, but... but I have faith that we do. I am not as zealous in my faith as Inquisitor Asher, but I believe in the mercy of the Most High... The Guardian would never allow His Chosen to be deceived like this." After a pause he asked, "What challenge would you have set before this Captain Robbins? What part do you wish my people to play?"

"That's why I can't let it get out. There are some who know. Some who know but are not ready. Believe what you want to believe, but if what I said is true, then your world is not being defiled at all. In fact, I have faith that those of your race on it would be very watchful." Ascrith sighed, knowing that he wasn't getting their belief. "I need you to slow him down, and find those who know the truth but are not ready for it. Those who would use it to their advantage must be destroyed."

Erren considered these words carefully, "I see... Slow him and seek out those who would misuse their knowledge of this.. this... cover up. A simple enough task, well within the abilities of my people. Hm... give me time to speak with my superiors. I won't tell them about your secret, but I will need their permission to take my fleet beyond our original orders and operate in a semi-autonomous fashion, a Fleet Errant to use our terminology. With Inquisitor Asher's testimony as to the importance of this mission, I should be able to convince the Admiralty."

"They probably won't let you keep a hold of the Divine Radiance, and they'l probably recall a lot of The Guardian's Sword Squadron." Asher said.

"Good, I don't want to babysit a Titan. As powerful as the Divine Radiance is, she is first and foremost a planetary assault vessel and I don't want to force her into situations for which she was not designed. Thee loss of one of our Titans would be quite disastrous, especially for my reputation. I'd be stripped of rank, court-martialed. Maybe executed." Erren said, and then nodded, "I'll do what I can, Inquisitor Ascrith. Could you tell me where Robbins is going?"

"That... Is not a very easy question to answer... As A if he's going where I think he's going, he'll find not only the deadliest ship we've ever made... Or B, he's not going anywhere at all." Ascrith answered, and sat down on a chair, pondering this puzzling question. He had to think very carefully, as if he answered right, and it was the ship he was going for, then they were in for a surprise.

"Do you by any chance have a Penal Army? Like a useful way of punishing your criminals by sending them into military service? Because if you do, use them. Use them well. Because he's in a Heavy Cruiser, and if you wish, I can send you the coordinates of places he might be going.

"At any rate, realize that what you're accepting is very important and that people will die. That is unfortunate, but it will happen. In the case of Robbins, perhaps hundreds. In the case of the abusers? Well... We're talking small asteroid colonies, which will undoubtedly cause some confusion."
Joel Ravage (played by Kurt)

Finally Joel came from hiding. He had hidden himself on the ship in his room. His large body would begin to lumber around the halls as he took deep breaths. He didn't seem to be going anywhere in particular. Just walking about muttering the same sentence over and over, "Where are you friend?" He would stop at open doors and peer in briefly, then would walk off unsatisfied.
Hunter Archill (played anonymously)

((I'm back. Wait! Hold the train! Waaaaaaiiiittttt! *huf huf huf* Okay *huf huf* I'm here. I'm back. *huf huf*))

"My price is exactly as I already stated, and I thank you for taking the cross hairs off my head, but I would ask you to remove the secondary ones too. I know you have a back up hidden somewhere. As for the information, lets just say that I went to the library." Hunter's lips curled into a cynical smile under the orange visor. He was very glad he had this suit right now. It kept his safe and hidden. He would be dead without it.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 2112 (Ask to join/Invite)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus