Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 2112 (Ask to join/Invite)

Captain Robbins (played by HRA)

The year is 4000. The turn of the Millenium. Everyone said that humanity wouldn't last till then. They said that humanity itself would die off, become a thing of the past, and that alien minds would rule the galaxy, the universe. They said it would be a war of the biggest proportions.

They were right. Humanity died, and the race almost died. The concept of being a good person, the idea of treating your enemies well. It just... died off in the war. Terra, the world that held the beginning of the human race, was hit hard. People couldn't survive without stealing. They fought each other, committed crimes. Civil law disintegrated.

And then they invaded. They bombed and bombed and bombed. Great cities were reduced to dust, wiped out. But the invaders didn't expect anything of a resistance. In a grand miracle, all the humans bonded together, and fought off the invaders. They pushed them back. Made them pay for each inch of ground they took. Inch by inch, foot by foot, the invaders were pushed back. Until they were kicked off Terra. Then the space wars began.

The two navies fought, and the fight was devastating. In the end, the alien race was wiped out. And they were left with two options. Embrace extinction here, in the Milky Way galaxy where aliens of all species would fight them... Or leave. They chose to leave.

Gathering in the naval fleet, they left home, looking back. They could see the flames burning. Smoke, rising from the cities. And the mighty Emperor himself cried. And that's the way the universe went. They went into warp, and never came back.

And in an act to try to preserve whatever moral they had, the Emperor ordered the purge. All records of the War were destroyed. People were led to believe that the planet they landed on, that planet, was Earth. Their homeland. Where humanity had originated. And the year? Set back to before the war: 2112.

All the acts of war crimes, all the religion. Gone. Genocides, murders, rape... All purged from the records. Only a few people lived through the purge. They survived throughout the years. Mankind settled on different worlds. They lived on new worlds. But they never forgot their own precious Earth. And after 1000 years of peace... Someone found out.

That, my friends, is where the RP starts out. You can be an alien race, or a human from another Empire, or a soldier in the HRA Empire. If you're in HRA, ask me about the ranks and ships. The goal? Find out the truth.

If you're Alien...Is it the Earth they love? Or is it... something different? Can you wipe out Humans before they take their revenge out on you?

If you;re Human... Are you really in the Milky Way Galaxy? And if this isn't the Earth that humanity grew from, where is it?

IC:
Robbins couldn't believe it. He grew up believing that this Earth... the Earth they loved... was where they were born. Where the entire human race grew up from. But this? This changed everything. And it was something he had to see.

Captain Jacob Robbins was a Spetznaz Ship Captain for the Battle Barge Bismarck. He wasn't too tall, but not too short either. And very well built. He wore the standard Imperial Armour: a green breast plate, with folding armour on the abdomen, so he could bend over. He wore wrist, elbow, knee, thigh, and shin armour, all green. Underneath he wore camouflaged green clothes. Nothing too good, but it was airtight and pressurized. On his head, he wore a red beret.

On his shoulders was a image of a golden laurel surrounding a red ruby star; the symbol of Ship Captain. On his right side of his breastplate was also the image of the golden laurel and the red star, but it symbolized Spetznaz, a highly trained group of men. And above it, the HRA flag.

Jacob was paging through the records, looking at them for any information. Just to pass the time. He liked history. To him, it was fun. However, he never expected this history. Hidden in the pages was a tablet... and on that tablet... All the records that escaped the Purge.

((Can one of the characters be a friend of mine?))
Laroche Peyton (played by Jabonicus)

Laroche walked over, his NEVEC armor covering his body, a NEVEC grade pulse rifle in his hand. "We have had our differences in the past, but we are making peace negotiations, we all agree that this is no time for conflict." His French accent was heavy. "I've been told to help however I can." The glowing blue electric bars that crossed his face was the only light on his armor, the rest was smooth metal, designed to deter melee attackers that often found themselves among aliens. An electronic voice came through his headset.
"...Understood. Can you direct to me your superior officer, Arik Tannis?" He asked, putting his rifle on his back. "I've been told to make negotiations with him."

Nevec+Past+Quart+View+Design.jpg
Joel Ravage (played by Kurt)

Joel walked up to the two men and first gave a salute to Robbins and then glared to the other man. He crossed his massive arms after he was saluted and studied the man for a moment.

He had orginally came to speak with his friend on matters of where they were headed but seeing this other person beforee them he assumed something more preessing was coming up.

He waited a long moment before he finally replied, "A take me to your leader speech is it?" he scoffed, having little intent on being polite or making any friends, "Sounds like an alien already.I saw we toss it out." His voice was gruff and radiated with his harshness. It was clear he lacked in social manners and was one who spoke with what he felt. Though he was never known as being the one to make friends, in fact hardly anyone ever had the oppurtunity of making it close to him, none except Captain Robbins. After all, Robbins saved him once, and for that he was in his debt. However, as for everyone else...

He stood now in silence, awaiting any scolds from his Captain, if any, as he moved himself into a stance of attention.
Chris (played by Chris_Pike)

Chris, A new Navy Captain sat on the Heavy Cruiser called Scimitar, It was the nicest looking ship in the fleet, Though, That was only because the ship has not been in a real fight yet, Neither has the crew, Chris was 6.2, Red hair and had a grey coat on himself, Meaning he was just a navy Captain, Nothing special though in Chris's eyes this was still an achievement. He had grey pants as well and on his right shoulder was the image of a golden laurel surrounding a red ruby star, His face was a look of overconfidence, Mainly due to the purge of the wars, He had no idea how deadly alien species really were, He and his crew passed simulations with no problem But that was HRA Vs HRA ships in the simulator, not HRA vs Alien Ship, Though if anything, His whole crew seemed to be out to get him in his eyes, As if they wanted to prove too the head of the fleet that Chris could not handle his position and he would be relived, If that was the case though he would not give in, He did not like to lose and would do anything to prevent that. The Scimitar flew up a little in the lines, He then waited for any orders he might receive
Captain Robbins (played by HRA) Topic Starter

"Joel, he's... I want to say fine, but I know that's not true." Robbins said, looking at the NEVEC man with a glare. He had completely forgotten about the Purge records that he had been shifting through, and concentrated on this new arrival. Captain Robbins stood up and looked the man straight in the face. "We have had millions of differences and angers before. Don't expect that just because Arik is opening negotiations with you, that I will be overjoyed to shine your shoes..."

Robbins pointed him down the hall, and waved his hands like he was shooing someone away, which was in fact what he was doing. He had all right to be angered. His ship, Bismarck, was hit by a thermal laser as it jumped to warp. It nearly was destroyed. But they managed to fix it physically. But every time he got back on it, he swore he could feel it alive...

By the time the NEVEC man walked away, Robbins already remembered what he was so enthusiastically looking for, and dived back into the records. It was fascinating. Hundreds upon hundreds of pages of records of a different world, with thousands of wars. "Joel, take a look at this. You have to see it."

"Captain Chris, sir?" Duke asked, walking into the room. He was wearing the standard Armour, but it was enhanced and upgraded because it was for the Navy, and SS. The Armour wasn't green, oh no. It was a pitch black. So dark, it could make a man shiver just by looking at it. Once in a while, there was white trims, but that was rare. For the most part, it was. Pitch, deep, dark, black.

On his shoulder pads, were two white bars going vertically; the symbol of 1st Lieutenant. He held his armored hat in his hands, though, but one could see the insignia on that. On his right breast plate section, there was the usual HRA flag, but underneath it, there was a Black flag with two white lightning bolts that looked like S's flashing across the flag. It was the SS. A feared and respected group of high ranking, elite officials.

And below that? The Geman flag. Every ship had a different symbol for them. For the Bismarck, the last ship he served on, it was the German flag, as a joke because what it represented: the old German battleship Bismarck. And next to that symbol was the golden Scimitar, the symbol of the current ship he was assigned to.

"Captain, sir? I was reassigned to your ship by Captain Robbins, sir. I was ordered to watch over you and see how you did."

((Anyone get the reference in the title? :P))
Hunter Archill (played anonymously)

The library Hunter was in was not your ordinary library. It was a space station set up on a large asteroid in order to hide information. The people who hired him called it a library, so that is what he in turn thought of it as. It wasn't too far off. This now-void-of-human-life library, except for Hunter himself, who had killed every other staff member in there, was home to many documents that were supposed to not be seen by the general public, including documents thought to have been purged that were to valuable to actually destroy, such as intelligence files on past enemies, and blue prints to weapons.

Hunter stepped over the body of the cook, his sleek black armor reflecting his lifeless eyes on his boots. He was being paid by the file, so the more information he... liberated, the more cash he received. His HUD displayed data ports for him to retrieve the information from. He made a bee line for the first one, carelessly knocking over a display case containing a dissected alien contained in some sort of plasma.

The mercenary shrugged at the 'accident' and plugged in. "System, run virus and data check."

[Virus check complete. Zero malicious files found.
Date check complete. Files contain intelligence reports on the first alien encounter.]

"Awesome," Hunter muttered. A status bar appeared on his orange visor, tracking how much information was being downloaded into his system. In reality, Hunter's suit was one big computer. It hadn't always been, but ever since he was able to install the system and HUD programs, it had worked as one. Had it been expensive? Yes, incredibly, but so had all of his gadgets and gizmos, and even the armor before it was upgraded.

The download finished and Hunter turned around to look for the next data port. An icon appeared on his screen, it was in the next room. He took a step towards the doorway and froze. Shattered glass and plasma soiled the carpet where it had fallen, but that thing it had contained was gone.

Hunter let out a swear as he dropped his right hand down to his leg. The system acknowledged the action and released his pistol. Hunter gripped it and pulled it up. Something clattered onto the ground behind him. He turned on his heel and aimed, but there was nothing to be seen. Where is this thing?

Suddenly the creature, about the size of a basketball, launched itself onto Hunter's armor from behind. It tried to drill into his armor with it's circular teeth. Hunter knew this because it could hear the scraping. With quick reflexes he put his pistol behind his back and shot upwards. The creature let out a scream and fell to the floor, purple blood oozing out from where it was shot through and through. Hunter turned and looked at it. It was an ugly little thing. Round, orange brown, and a crap load of tentacles.

It let out another scream as its limbs flailed around uselessly. Hunter raised a brow, then his foot, and crushed it under his boot. Thankfully the thing had not been able to scratch his armor, another reason he was glad to have had it. He smiled at the gory mess he left where the once living alien was, and walked to the next data port.

He eventually plugged in to all six data ports in the 'library', or station as he now thought of it after having more fighting that he had expected. There was so much information stored here. He found blueprints to a type of pulse canon he hadn't seen before. He found more alien intel files and software for both ships and guns. After a bit of thought, and going through all the books in the library, scanning each one so his suit could download the content, and taking pictures of each artifact, he realized exactly what he was sitting on. This was not just a mountain of information, it was a mountain of wealth. He would be charging a much higher price to his employer now.
After spending most of the day slaughtering the staff and guards, killing an alien, and retrieving information, he was almost done. Hunter walked back into his small ship and wheeled out his crates of explosives. Two crates sat side by side as he opened them. With a wild look in his hidden eyes, he began setting the charges throughout the entire station.

Laroche continued to walk down the hall, until he came to the room he was supposed to meet Arik in. He pressed a button that alerted whoever was inside to let him in. A scan went over his body as he stood still. He looked around, a few NEVEC men here and there, very few soldiers, mostly engineers and politicians.

"Laroche Peyton.
Ethnicity: French
Allegience: NEVEC
Weapons: NEVEC grade pulse rifle, NEVEC grade shock baton."

He listened to the radio chatter for a moment, mostly about Akrid containment for shipping and testing, and engine malfunctions. A lot more engine malfunctions has happened recently, it probably had to do with the sudden spike in power that had gone into thermal energy. They had recently sent soldiers to Pandora, after a new substance known as Eridium came to be. He heard about Atlas leaving Pandora, and it was probably for the best. Pandora was almost as dangerous as E.D.N. III. Except more companies had taken interest in the first.
"This is Laroche Peyton, me amore, checking in for Echelon sector inside the Empire's command. I am to meet with one of the leaders soon to discuss a peace treaty for as long as possible."
The radio went silent as this was taken in.
"Peyton, don't do anything stupid." A russian accent went over the radio. Laroche chuckled, stretching his neck.
"Don't worry, they didn't send you." He replied jokingly.
A short burst of orders was sent through, and soldiers replied from across the area, leaving, all except for Laroche. An Akrid Tangeent had escaped, but luckily they had removed it's tail. It could do little damage unless they didn't find it quickly.

Joel just watched as the man went down the hallway and scoffed about it. He looked at Robbins sighed, "Trying to make me read again?" he joked, though his tone never sounded like a joking tone. "Wouldn't it be easier to just give me the breifing?"

He grabbed a stack of papers slowly and looked over them, snarling at the new information as he flipped through. His blues eyes scanning back and forth rapidly as he read details, looked at photos. Finally he just dropped it on the table and huffed, "Told you, can't trust people. Lying to those below you, hiding important information." he grumbled and turned to storm off, angered about what he read, "Going to sharpen my blade," he spat out as he stormed down the hall, pushing past a few lower ranks forcefully as he made way to his bunk.

Chris looked over at the Lieutenant, "I see" He noted the black armor, Then the Com officer spoke up "Looks like they gave us a black hole for an officer" Everyone on the bridge laughed, Except Chris who was not amused "PIPE DOWN!" Almost immediately they shut up, Chris was a new captain, But he knew how to make his crew listen "Now I don't care what Color his armor is, What symbols he has on his armor, SO LONG as he does a good job, And that's what I want all of you to do not make fun of his colors!" He yelled while looking at his whole crew, He then turned to the First Lieutenant "Apologize, They sometimes forget we are suppose to be acting professional not like two year olds, Anyways what is your profession?" he said, while having his hands together in a ^ shape

"Its alright. Apology accepted. But you needn't apologize. Ignorant men are often afraid of what they don't know. And the SS? They know almost nothing about us, but we know everything about them." Duke said, looking at the men with a glare. If he wanted to, he could have them all demoted. He had that kind of power. "My specialties are... And not limited to... Radar and scanning, computer monitoring, coding, targeting systems, boarding parties, close quarters, leadership, captaining, shooting... The list goes on and on."

Duke smiled, and cracked his knuckles. These men? They could never stand a chance. Not compared to what he went through. "Oh, and by the way, I'm not sure if you know this... But I was on the Bismarck when it went down a while ago."

"Hah. That's funny, Joel. Alright. See ya in a bit." Robbins said, chuckling. The man almost never read, but Robbins read whenever he could. As soon as Joel disappeared, he began reading... Then he noticed something. The records were incomplete. He had to go find the rest. "Oh shit..."

He got up, and looked for his comm. He hit it, and began speaking. "Hey, buddies? Yeah. I need the Bismarck ready."

"Come in, NEVEC." Arik said, sitting at his desk. He was typing on the holographic keyboard, and staring at the monitor. It was flat, but solid, and it could be seen through, if he so chose to do so. Which he didn't. Right now, he was looking at a report of a possible attack on one of the records stations. Which, of course, he had ordered. "What is it? The peace negotiations?"

Chris smirked, He liked this guy already, The bridge crew? Looked at Duke with fear and amazement, Chris then stood up "If you would not mind stopping by the armory, See if you could whip the Security teams into shape? And see if they are combat ready, I don't want to come under attack and find I have Security guards that would make better sand bags than Guards" He said, then sat back in his chair

Joel sat on his bed and pulled out his favorite knife, fully serated titanium blade. He smiled at it, running his thumb over the leather hilt. His eyes studying the blades grooves. He pulled out a small sharpening bar and began running it through each serated section to sharpen them further. His blades always stayed razor sharp, for obvious reasons. His muscles relaxed as he entertained himself with the motions of each pull.

He looked up as he heard the sounds over the comm. He just huffed and returned to his mundane actions, slowly brigning the blade to sharper heights. His eyes focsed on thee weapon intently.

Hunter detonated the explosives ones he was a safe distance away. The combination of the explosions going off and the metal that shielded everything inside from space destroyed the entire thing. All that stood there now was a hallow shell devoid of anything inside of it. The bodies would never be found, nor anything tracing the attack back to Hunter.

The small cruiser was set on autopilot as he lounged farther back in the ship. His helmet lay on the pilots seat. As he lounged he typed on a holographic key pad that was projected into the air. He was setting up a coms link to his buyer, Arik. After a moment of typing the keyboard disappeared and a message popped up on the ships screen saying a link was being attempted. He was not setting up a video link, just voice link. He didn't like people to see his face, one of the reasons his visor was tinted on the outside.

"Oh, don't worry about the security guards. I hope you don't mind, but I've relieved them all. I replaced them with SS troops, if you don't mind." Duke said, shrugging. This ship just became an SS Heavy Cruiser, and they were going to make good use of it. He put his stuff down on the seat next to him, and got into it, checking the monitors. "A friend of mine just asked for a ship and escorts. You were closest, and he wanted a new person so he could watch over him. You'll have two black U-Boats trailing you. Don't worry if they aren't on the scanners. That's just what they were made for."

Duke reprogrammed a set of coordinates for the Captain to follow, and chuckled. This was a secret operation. No one but them knew about it. And why? Something was to happen, Robbins had told him. Something that would change the Empire. "Captain, this is secret. No one but this ship must know. Is that understood?"

"Hunter, is it done? Did you finish your mission?" Arik asked, looking at the voice recordings that were playing across his screen. He almost wished that Hunter would show his face. That was something that almost every man under his command did. Except this one. Leaning back in his chair, he waited for the response, locking the door to his room so that the other person couldn't get in yet.

Yes, he did order that mission. Yes, he did know it was going to happen. But he didn't know there was men on there still. But it wasn't like he cared. Really, he didn't. He just wanted those records destroyed so no one knew.

Robbins was satisfied. A ship was coming his way. True, it wasn't the Bismarck, but it was a new Monitor and he liked the idea. That, and there was some SS troops going along with him. He also had a few Spetznaz men going alongside, too.

Grabbing his comm, he began speed walking to the armoury. While no one cared what he was doing, everyone noticed him. Good. They would forget about him later. "Joel, how would you like to go on a mission? Its dangerous, you might not survive, and if you die, the government would never remember you."

Laroche attempted to open the door, only to find it locked. "I am Laroche Peyton of NEVEC for peace negotiations. You seem to have locked the door." He said, taking a step back. NEVEC was reluctant to start a treaty, but it was needed, and conflict was to be avoided. NEVEC had stationed its power in space already, but its operations were still on earth. He sighed, thinking about the mining operations on E.D.N. III's surface. The second attempt ended almost as badly as the first, and they had to find a new place to mine. It was all that Joe Bucher's fault. If only he and his team hadn't gone looking where they didn't believe. He listened to the radio for a moment. The Scorpion Akrid had been caught, they were lucky it happened before its tail grew back. "My supervisors are becoming impatient and paranoid about the treaty, Arik."
Augustus Terminus (played by HvyArtillery)

A few light years away, the UCS Constantine dropped out of warp. The ship was part of the space fleets hailing from the United Coalition of Planets and it's captain was the first human to ever command a United Coalition's ship.

Some humans entered the Coalition after seceding from the HRA Empire and set up the small nation known as the Colonial Alliance. However, after a multitude of raids from various belligerent fractions, the colonies applied for membership in the UCP. The United Coalition was hesitant to accept the small colonies. Past experiences with the relatively young human race had shown that humans were violent and agressive creatures and the Coalition was founded upon the ideals of peace and friendship between the galaxy's diverse lifeforms.

After two decades of debate, the Coalition accepted the human race under certain restrictions. At first, humans were not allowed into the military of the Coalition, nor were they allowed to hold positions of power outside of their colonies. To the humans this mattered very little at moment as they were more concerned with rebuilding the homes and improving their economies then signing up for the military.

Then after fifty years, the colonies had become complete civilizations. Human culture was exported throughout the Coalition and human immigrants went off to experiences the rest of the Coalition.

Finally, under increased pressure from a rapidly increasing human population, the Coalition government decided to repeal the restrictions, though fear of human domination was still a concern.

This was over ninety years ago, and now mankind was the third most populous species behind the Atulians and Kren.

Captain Terminus proudly surveyed the bridge of his ship, watching his command crew work. Sixty percent of the ship was crewed by humans the other forty made up of the dozens of other species that made up the Coalition. The Constantine itself was built by human hands in the Captain's homeworld of New Rome, hence his and the ship's names.

Currently, his mission was to seek out a damaged cargo vessel that reported it's engines to have malfuctioned, leaving it adrift.

"Has the cargo ship been detected yet?" Captain Terminus asked.

"No sir." His sensors officer reported before picked at it's claw. Lieutenant T'lal'ji was a Derdrix, ,and insectoid race, and the Captain wasn't sure how to distinguish between it's seven genders yet.

"Is there anything of interest out there?"

"I am detecting several HRA signatures a few light years away." The officer clicked.

The Captain sighed. The former colony of the HRA he had grown up in was heavily anti-HRA.

"Those HRA basterds thought they could stop us from leaving the Empire," his father used to say when he was a little boy. "They were pretty damn suprised when we knocked 'em on their asses."

Bluntly, he wasn't exactly a fan of the Empire, especially since accusations of the Earth not really being Earth surfaced. "Send them a small greeting, just to be polite."

He nodded "Alright I have Heard great stories of the SS, So I trust they are combat ready" He then heard the escort mission and smirked "Don't worry, My lips are sealed" He then looked among his bridge crew "I want you all to Accept orders from Duke as if they were my own, That means disobeying them results in same punishment as disobeying mine Understood?" He looked around the bridge, they all saluted Chris, Then Duke "SIRS YES SIRS!!!" They all shouted and sat back down, then Chris looked at duke "anything else I should know?"

Hunter spun in his chair and listened to Arik speak. "Job's done sir, but the price of your little present just went up. You never told me how many files there were, or how many people I would have to kill, or aliens for that matter. I want double what you offered. I'll meet you in public sector 42 as planned. Remember, try anything and all this data either goes public, or it goes bye-bye." Hunter smiled to himself. "Anything else?" He paused when he heard a noise. "Looks like you have company."

Joel stood and slipped his knife into its sheath and made his way through the other members of the ship. His massive form blocked the door as he held a smug grin on his face, "If it can kill me I will be impressed, but none the less.." he slammed his fist into his chest like a mad beast and laughed, "Sounds like it could be fun. Maybe show some of the other branches how to do a job, even those 'high ranked' saps." He laughed manically and nodded, "Shall I get my battle suit ready then? And I hope this one I get a big gun. No little pea shootr like the rest of them."

"Yes, I do have company, thank you very much. Alright. I'll meet you. Arik out," Arik said, and closed the comm, unlocking the door. Arik began leaning back, his feet up on the desk. He was ready for this. And he could even pay for anything in the galaxy. At least, he thought. "Come in!"

"Shall you? Oh, you shall. And lucky you. You'll get the PA. You know, the Portable Autocannon? The 20mm gun?" Robbins said, chuckling. He himself grabbed a lasgun SMG, a bowie knife, a .50 handgun, clips, and some grenades, and walked towards the shuttle. "Shuttle leaves in 30 minutes or so. Get what you can and hope for the best, got it?"

Robbins held his gun close to him, thinking. Could they really pull this off? Could 5,000 people really spill the truth? He didn't know. He knew only one thing. The truth was out there. And he had to find it. No matter what.

"Good, good. Yes, there is something you need to know, but I'll tell you tonight, Captain." Duke said, and looked at the monitor. "Alright. Take us into Warp. Warp engines on and on standby. U-Boats, look out for anyone."

((U-Boats are stealth. They can't be detected.))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 2112 (Ask to join/Invite)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus