Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 2112 (Ask to join/Invite)

Captain Robbins (played by HRA) Topic Starter

"Contact the Admiral. I need to know who's in charge down there." Vladimir said, and began looking at the RT map. On it, one could see every and all of the people moving around, including the enemies within the limit of the detection system. It was a relatively new addition to their arsenal. And a very good one. It used a semi expensive material.

What it did was each man had a device in him. The device was linked to their nervous system, monitoring everything about them. It even had a small range radar system inside, which tracked and mapped out everything into a 3D virtual map. They could pick up any noise that the man heard, anything he saw, and every feeling. Just not thoughts. So, with every single man, they began creating a small map. Of course, the cloaked satellites he left behind helped.

Meanwhile, Spetznaz Warlord Jim Tereka, the man in charge of the invasion force on the planet, sent out a squadron of soldiers, led by a Spetznaz Captain, to find the allied leaders in charge of the invasion of the planet. He needed to coordinate attacks so that it would be swift and effective.

"Sir, they're here. Look." Imperial Guard Colonel Jackson said, showing the screen to the Commissar, Commissar Valentine of the 3rd 1st Army. He examined the map screen, scrolling around with his finger until he reached where they were. Yes. There was some people hiding, silently.

"Alright. Tell them to smoke the place. Gasmasks on, and have them attach bayonets." Commissar Valentine ordered, drawing his pistol and sword, walking up to the entrance. Fifty men were ahead of him, and his Honour Guards were ready to fight. "Go."

"Why would I kill my men? Right now, I have five snipers trained on you, at each of the exits. And if I wanted to, I could have my Gunships train their turrets on you, but I don't want to clean up the mess." Robbins said casually, looking at his hand, examining it. Huh. Odd. It was his hand. "So, what'll it be?"
Samuel Wallace (played by Jabonicus)

NEVEC forces were either scattered or dead. Almost every NEVEC base that was intact was in Ex-NEVEC control. Ex-NEVEC outposts were heavily guarded, but were wary of the HRA soldiers. Ex-NEVEC soldiers approached them with weapons in the air, explaining that they were not NEVEC, and were attempting raids on NEVEC daily.

Joe discussed what to do next with the other world leaders. Joe was the only one of them not born on E.D.N. III, so he was set as the public leader. The couldn't be known as Ex-NEVEC forever. They quickly set laws and rules, in slang they would be known as the Snow Pirate Empire, but to everyone loyal, they were the EDN Empire. Most of the forces that were previously not Ex-NEVEC were given spare EDN Armor, but because of their lack of current resources, they were only handed out to the upper classes of soldiers.
Joel Ravage (played by Kurt)

Joel was growing uneasy. He started to grunt and groan and before long was shifting uneasily. He kept moving his head as if he was chained to something and wanted more slack.

The breathing of the large man slowly increased as his fingers started to twitch. He was slowly slipping deeper into his rage.
Augustus Terminus (played by HvyArtillery)

A Coalition shuttle landed in one of the cities, a squad of Coalition Marines stepped out. They had white and blue armor that was less than an inch thick. However beneath the colored armor was a 'chainmail' of sorts, just as strong as several inches of heat treated steel, if not stronger.

"Alright men, let's find that NEVEC base and tag it." The squad commander said. The team moved out as the shuttle lifted off, returning to it's mothership.

"All units stand down. I repeat, stand down. Do not attack. Subjects are not NEVEC. I repeat, subjects are NOT NEVEC." The Commissar said, and pocketed his pistol, ordering his men to put away their arms. So. Maybe this would end well for both ends. If not just for HRA. Those few NEVEC members that were alive would be hunted down and destroyed by the commando squads of SS.

"Joel, what on earth..." Robbins said, looking at Joel now. Joel was going to go crazy. He knew it. The rage was burning up in him, and soon, it'd consume him. He had to get him out of here, so he didn't start killing people."Joel, out! Go! You're going mad!"
Joel Ravage (played by Kurt)

The beast of a man roared and slung his knife behind him, impaling it into the wall. He dropped the PAC onto the ground and stormed out. He snatched the knife from the wall and stuck it back into it's place. "IF the little man won't cooperate, I want him in the ring with me." he grumbled as he walked out, now attempting to find him self and isoalted area to 'cool off'
Erren Saetine (played by Terel)

Erren was watching a holographic map of E.D.N III, the globe spun slowly and lights of various colours denoted known positions of the troops on the planet, as well as critical targets for both ground assault and bombardment, "The men are having difficulties taking installation designated Vyr-4-Tyth. Open fire on it, let's soften them up."

"Understood sir. Orbital bombardment batteries, target these co-ordinates." The tactical officer said, sending the data through to the gunnery teams who ensured the great orbital bombardment cannons hit the right target. Though most of it was handled by computers their orbital bombardment systems were so critical to Xin'Ta'Faxi military operations that they had crews on standby just to maintain and watch over the automated systems.

"Uh, sir? HRA commander is requesting contact with the commander of the ground forces...ah... Apparently the forces were are engaging are not NEVEC." The comms officer reported.

"What? They're using NEVEC equipment, NEVEC technology, and they're located on a key NEVEC planet. Get me the HRA, I want an explanation. Tactical, order the fleet to cease orbital bombardment immediately, order the troops to withdraw from engagements, but not too far. If this is some NEVEC ploy I want the enemy slaughtered, to a man." Erren ordered.

"Aye sir, fleet reports cessation of bombardment. Troops are beginning withdrawal. Channel open with NEVEC."

"Warmaster. Who the hell are we fighting down there?" Erren asked, "I am under orders to Purge NEVEC, not some random rabble."

"Whatever it is, they aren't NEVEC. They say their anti NEVEC, and for all the evidence they supplied me, I'm believing it. I'm giving them full support and aid. If you don't like my decision, that's too bad." Warmaster Vladimir said, and sighed. He hated going against allied ideas. Especially when they both worked together at one point in time. "Just don't start a war with me about it."
Samuel Wallace (played by Jabonicus)

Since I never really explained it, I'll do it now. Ex-NEVEC and other inhabitants of EDN III were survivors of failed NEVEC settlements. NEVEC tried countless times to settle, groups of people surviving the Akrid attacks and natural disasters, each group split up in the sector they died in, Ex-NEVEC was the first to actually find out about the others. Snow Pirates, Waysiders, Vagabonds, all failed NEVEC installations. Abandoned in the cold.
Hunter Archill (played anonymously)

"A smart man you are, except for the fact that only my living person can access the suit, not to mention you would destroy the suit and data with it if a sniper took me out." There was a pause, then mercenary spoke again. "You know, there is a way we can both with." He rubbed his fingers with his thumb, he figured the man would know what he meant. "Never received payment from your friend, so anyone could buy this really. You just have to make me the right offer, and trust me, this isn't cheap."

"Sir, all teams report sucessful tagging off all NEVEC strongholds, standying by for your orders."

"Lock the weapons and begin a precision orbital bombardment, minimize civilian and ex-NEVEC collatoral damage." The Captain ordered.

Several ships in the Starfleet moved into geosynchronous orbital and locked their phaser arrays onto each target the Marines had supplied. After a few moments, the arrays erupted and blue energy beams were shot forth like lances, each one hitting their target and destorying the NEVEC bases, and solely the NEVEC bases, keeping the surronding area undamaged.

Erren considered this information, "So we've been attacking the wrong people. Why didn't these ex=NEVEC damn well tell us? It was clear from my ultimatum that we were after NEVEC, not them." H shrugged, "Of course the High Inquisitor still wanted them all killed so I guess they didn't have much choice. What a mess. I am not looking forward to explaining this to the Admiralty."

Erren sighed, "Comms, contact the fleet. All ships, withdraw from orbit, troops are to withdraw from planetary surface immediately. Do not engage with ex-NEVEC forces. I repeat, withdraw from the surface, do not engage with ex-NEVEC forces."

Erren closed his eyes a moment as he considered his options, "The planet will still need to be occupied. It is of strategic importance to our war effort. I suppose reparations will have to be made for our destruction of industrial and civilian targets during the bombardment, as well as their defences. Unless we just annex the system and rebuild the infrastructure ourselves." He sighed, "Ill have to unleash the Inquisitor on the planet. He won't allow their heathen ways to endure if we annex the planet."

"Maybe its because you blasted their satellite to hell?" Vladimir chuckled, and closed his eyes, holding his hand to his forehead. He was getting too old for this kind of work. But then again, he enjoyed most of it. Grabbing a brandy, he ordered the fleet to circle around the planet. They would occupy, but not annex. "I suggest you come aboard my ship, where we can discuss this further."

He sighed and sipped his little cup, lighting a cigar. Well, the fat lady sang. More like pleaded and explained. After every victory, he would smoke a cigar, and since this wasn't considered a defeat, he would smoke his cigar. All the ships that were originally circling the planet began rearranging into a defensive orbit, protecting the planet from enemy fire.

"Just a suggestion. If you bring any fanatics aboard my ship, don't let them speak. Lord Inquisitor/RiechFuhrer Ascrith is aboard, and if he hears anything about our religion, it might spark a bloody and terrible war."

"So, you want payment for the information?" Robbins asked, thinking about it. He had huge amounts of money on board the ship in case of emergency or trade, but he didn't think it was enough for this. Not that much, anyways. "And where did you get it?"
Hunter Archill (played anonymously)

Hunter smiled under his visor. "And with that question we open the bidding. I think removing the snipers and taking the red dots off my head will suffice... Or I can give Arik a ring to see if he has a higher bid."

Erren smiled slightly, "No fanatics? Well that's severely shortened my list. Most men in the Imperial Navy are fanatics of one stripe or another. I'll see what I can do about scrounging up some moderates from my staff, I'll head over in a shuttle within half an hour."

Erren was just on his way to board the shuttle with a small cadre of his less vocal officers when he was confronted by High Inquisitor Ren Asher, "Admiral, where do you think you're going?"

"To a meeting with our allies aboard their flagship to discuss the occupation of the planet." Erren said.

"And why did you not inform me? I must accompany you. I cannot allow the command staff of this vessel to board a heathen vessel without due protection from their idolatry and blasphemy." The Inquisitor declared.

"My lord, I am afraid that is not possible. They have an inquisitor of their own aboard their ship, I do not want to allow for the chance of a diplomatic-"

"Enough. You have disobeyed me already, admiral, I will not stand for it a second time. I will accompany you, that is my decision. In the name of The Most High and of His servant the Prophet Tar Es Kaer I command you to allow me entry to the alien ship."

"Inquisitor, I cannot allow you to jeopardise-" Erren began.

"I will not speak of their heathen ways, but I will not allow them to taint you. You stand perilously close to blasphemy already Admiral Saetine." The Inquisitor's eyes narrowed, "Perhaps once you return to Xi'Teleath I should order an investigation into your behaviour. You have a wife and son, do you not? I wonder if your... tendencies have had any effect on their proper devotion to the Most High?"

Erren took a step back and sighed, gesturing to the shuttle with one slender hand, "Come aboard, High Inquisitor."

A faint smile flickered around Asher's lipless mouth and he entered the shuttle. Erren sighed and shook his head, "Someone warn the HRA that the Inquisitor is coming... tell them that I will try to keep him restrained but nonetheless... I'd keep him separated from their own Inquisitor. The theological debate that results would be... lively."

"Sir, Xin'ta'Faxi are leaving the planet in droves. They seem to be disengaging ex-NEVEC forces." The sensors officer reported.

"Alright. That's good news." Terminus said under his breath. "What is NEVEC's combat status?"

"There forces are neligible, sir. Reports are coming in of their remaining troops surrendering to most Coalition personnel they come across."

"Alright, broadcast to Divisions one through seventeen to proceed to the surrounding star systems and seek and destroy any NEVEC bases or ships along with setting up an Buoy network to detect possible counter attacks."

"Aye, transmitting orders."

Roughly 17,000 ships of various sizes broke off from the main fleet. They proceeded a safe distance away from the planet before splitting up and dissappearing in great flashes of light as they went to warp.

"Comm, see if you can raise the ex-NEVEC leader. I want to know what is the confition of his people and what sort of assistance they require."

Lively, indeed, but most likely an understatement for the way Ascrith worked. Most men were terrified out of their minds to even see him walking amongst them, for he was tall and large in stature. He was famous for what he did across the galaxy, known by every man in the Imperium, and even by some far away. Any man who knew him knew that those who were on his side, were blessed. Those against him, were damned.

Standing at eight feet tall, he wore great, thick armour around him. One could argue he was like those huge mechanized warriors that stalked battlegrounds, but he was something different. On his waist was a holster for a large caliber gun. Specifically, a pistol that was enchanted and blessed by priests and psykers. The bullets had engravings on them, which allowed them to pass through any psychic block, or any other type.

On the other end was a sword. This wasn't just any sword. No, this was a Power Sword, engraved with runes. A power weapon is a weapon surrounded by a field of energy, which gives it an unmatched strength when hitting. With Power Fists, one can smash aside the armoured doors of a tank. With a Power Sword, you can cut apart concrete walls. With a large shell or missile, there's no telling the power.

On his back was a red cape, flowing down to his feet. It had writings on the edges in all different known languages. They spelled out "Savior of the Faith". In his arms was a massive helmet that had a black and red crest on top. It was given only to those who were brave enough, and skilled. It also symbolized rank.

He walked into the meeting room, fully prepared for what was going to happen. He knew that a fanatical inquisitor was coming aboard. Let him rant. Ascrith had prepared himself with deep meditation and consolation. He would start no war here. No matter what.

"Let them come. I am in need of conversation. There is a great deal I must discuss with them." Ascrith said, and breathed in. His Praetorian Guards were loyal only to him. And that is something many must remember.

Robbins motioned his hand, and the snipers stood down. "What is your deal?"

Once the Xin'Ta'Faxi shuttle, a slender, double-helix shaped thing of gleaming silver, landed in the hangar bay of the HRA flagship Erren led his hand-picked staff plus the High Inquisitor down to meet the HRA leaders. The High Inquisitor was decked out in his full regalia; voluminous white robes and his staff of officer; a tall, slender thing of gold with the twin circles and shafts of light emblem of the One Faith at the head. Though it was a ceremonial item, it was heavy enough to brain someone in an emergency.

The Xin'Ta'Faxi, tall and slender, towering over most humans seemed slightly surprised at the sheer size of some of these HRA men. The shortest of them stood at seven feet tall, whilst some of the tallest neared nine. Inquisitor Asher himself was at eye-level with Ascrith. Upon seeing the human his thin, lipless mouth curled in a disdainful sneer.

Erren went ahead of his group and bowed his head, the long neck bending in a somewhat disturbing fashion, at the same time he made a complex gesture with his right hand, "Greetings, honoured allies. I have the...ah... esteemed honour of introducing High Inquisitor Ren Asher, Representative of His Holiness the Archniath Tar Es Vuuhn and Protector of the Faith."

The inquisitor didn't bother with any respectful niceties, "I'm here to look after the spiritual welfare of my people, nothing more. You keep your heathen influences away from my men, and I won't be forced to Purge the lot of you."

Erren gave the Inquisitor a sharp look, "The Inquisitor is vigilant and enthusiastic in his duties, to his credit. Sometimes, however, he allows his righteousness to impact upon his speech in delicate situations. Be assured that anything which he says that may be construed as offensive is not endorsed by the Imperium... nor the Holy Mother Church."

Ascrith waved his armoured gauntlet aside, closing his eyes in a nod, agreeing with Erren and dismissing whatever the Inquisitor said. It did not bother him. Nor should it bother anyone aboard the ship. Ascrith looked at Erren, and put his hand to his chest, bowing his head. The metal clinked and the rustling of chains could be heard from his cape.

"Rest assured, Erren, High Inquisitor, that I have neither any need or desire to influence your culture with mine. I keep my religion to myself, you keep yours to yourself." Ascrith said politely and elegantly, trying to keep the situation under control. His guards, however, didn't move at all. Their long, sharp Power weapons were in the shape of a spear, or a pike, perhaps. Maybe even a lance. Their right arms were Power Fists, and their left was a Storm Cannon.

"Rather, I have need of your gracious help. One that would be met with great respect at our Shrines. But first, allow me to introduce myself." Ascrith said, and took in a breath. Calmly, though. Not forced. "I am RiechFührer Ascrith Tarkis, Lord Inquisitor of the Emperor's Church, Saviour of the Faith, Guardian of the New World. Though, as you will learn later today, that last part isn't a public fact."

Erren nodded, "An honour to meet you, Inquisitor Ascrith. I will render whatever help to you that I can, so long as it does not conflict with the interests of the Imperium of course." He looked curious at that last part of what Ascrith had said, "I'd heard rumours that you humans were newcomers to this end of the universe... but your people have always claimed to be from this stellar region... most people back home just assume we'd overlooked you."

Inquisitor Asher stared flatly at Ascrith, "I have no wish to spread the Sacred Word amongst heathens who would neither accept nor adhere to it, or even worse twist it into some blasphemous heresy. If you keep your False Gods from the ears of my men, then I shall allow you to wallow in your ignorance and withhold the Light and the Truth from you."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » 2112 (Ask to join/Invite)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus