Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » 📱🎨 Kim's first Android game 👩‍🚀🍜

Kim Site Admin

Hey RPR friends! I created a from-scratch Android game. It's set in space, it's pretty relaxing to play, and it is entirely ad-free and devoid of in-app purchases. It's a bit of a departure from what I usually do, but I'm honestly super pleased with it.

I did the art and programming, and my BF did the music.

If you have an Android phone or tablet, I would really love it if you would try it out. If you like it, please give it 5 stars and tell some friends. :) I can't tell you how delighted I'd be if a lot of people played my silly game.

Click here to get it

How did this happen? Late last year/early this year I wanted to practice two things:

1) I wanted to start getting good at Vector art tools, namely Affinity Designer.
2) I wanted to brush up on my Java and practice more native Android code.

Combining the two by making some cute graphics for a simple android game seemed like the perfect way to combine these two goals. After seeing a few of the levels I came up with, my BF surprised me by composing original music for it.

Nearly a year later and I finally worked up the nerve to release the thing so people other than the two of us could play it. XD
Oooh cool!! Going to sub to this topic so I remember to check it out on my tablet tomorrow. <3 Supporting friends GO GO GO!
It's pretty fun! Question, where do I buy copies of the spaceman with a picture of himself holding a rose in his soacesuit
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

XXXKILLZONEUS wrote:
It's pretty fun! Question, where do I buy copies of the spaceman with a picture of himself holding a rose in his soacesuit

LOL -- are you sure it's the same person though?
Auberon Moderator

This game is so cute and relaxing!! Pass on my compliments to your BF for the great soundtrack. :D
I just tried it out, got lost in it for about 15 minutes, which was nice! It is very simple, relaxing and over all fun to play. I'd put it in the same 'good as a bad day distraction' and 'before bed relaxing' game such as angry birds, which is a game I play when anxious or before bed as a simple relaxing game. Great job!
I'll have to try this later. I do like to try random things I find on the Play store anyway, when I have the time.
Kim wrote:
XXXKILLZONEUS wrote:

LOL -- are you sure it's the same person though?

Either way I so want that painting as like a pin or something...
This is pretty cool! I’ll have to check it out! :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » 📱🎨 Kim's first Android game 👩‍🚀🍜

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus