Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Name a strange/uncommon word(s) you use

Name a strange/uncommon word(s) you use in your daily vocabulary.

For me, I use the word idiosyncratic and henceforth a lot >.>
SunbroTheAbysswalker

pog, poggers, pogchamp

I kinda picked up these words from watching Ranboo, Tubbo, Tommy, etc. because uhm... pog :)

I also use 'funky' sometimes lol
It may not be completely uncommon but I love using the word Waltz as a descriptor for someone’s attitude when walking as opposed to just saying “he walked out of the room.” And I also often find myself using the word zenith in a very pedantic way to just basically describe the top of something or to point out the highest point, like if I ask someone to get something on the top shelf I instead ask them to “Please retrieve this desired item from the zenith of the shelf kind sir.”

I also have often used the word jejune to describe something I have a disinterest in, like “I generally find politics jejune.” It’s my favorite one because I love teaching people new things and hardly anyone knows that word it seems, so every time I use it someone’s like what does that mean? Of course maybe it comes across as me being a pretentious smart donkey but I genuinely get dopamine or something from showing someone something they didn’t know so I love having words in my vocabulary that being up the opportunity to share new information
lleuadamaris_

It's one in Spanish, I don't know if it has a meaning or is something that I invented. "Socotroco"
Luscinioide

Yall ever heard of...heehawing around?
Saturninum wrote:
Yall ever heard of...heehawing around?

We a southerner I am afraid so. It was my fathers favorite word to describe me playing video games
not sure how uncommon it really is, but I do use the word atrocious a fair bit. and despise, because I try to avoid "hate". also, blatant, effervescent, and epitome.
I also use the word waltz in the way SparksFly mentioned. it's fun.
I think there may be more I could add, but I'm struggling to think of it right now.
Not strange or uncommon locally, but I suppose globally it will be...

Bap. A soft burger-type bread roll is a bap. Unless you put something in it, then it either becomes a burger or a butty (sometimes a barm, but that's more a thing in the neighbouring city).

I also use the word 'moo' far more often than I should, but with 2 dogs, certain nicknames and nickname suffixes tend to surface. And I am a serial animal baby-talker.

That's probably about it for spoken words though. I might be able to write somewhat eloquently, but I am not an eloquent speaker. I'm the type to have huge pauses mid-sentence as I try to string together words that mean what my brain wants them to.

Written words, I'm not actually sure how uncommon any of the ones I use are. I suppose there are plenty of examples of words I have used that have been rejected by a spell-checker but are apparently fair game according to google. Disconcerting is in my custom dictionary, so I must use that a lot. Immersive is in there as well for some reason, though one would expect it to easily be amongst those in the default dictionary.

Actually, given what I just wrote, using 'one' as a pronoun probably counts of strange/uncommon maybe? I use it a lot.
I'm not sure about this, but I use a lot of odd phrases. Like, one of my favourites is 'poor soul'. The word horrid, as well, I say that a lot. I like saying things are jazzy or funky, which seems to be a bit more common.
"Fascinating." - like first officer Spock
"Indeed," - like Captain Picard
"Engage" - like Captain Picard
"Very well," - like Captain Picard

"Tea. Earle Grey. Hot." - like Captain Picard.

Ok, just kidding about that last one. Well, more or less. It's fascinating.
I use the word "cool" a lot. Like if someone tells me something even mildly interesting, I say "cool" as if my brain is on autopilot. Also amalgamation, if that's how you spell it.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Name a strange/uncommon word(s) you use

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus