Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: The Phelps Residence (Closed)

Daniel Phelps (played by Dawnia)

Rtat6mo.jpgDespite the issues that Daniel and his wife Nina Phelps were having in their marriage this year, it seemed that the yearly Halloween ritual might bring them back together, at least on the surface anyway. They always did go all out for this holiday ever since they met in high school, and for most of twenty years they would try and make the night a fun time for all. Ten years ago when they bought their house in this upper-middle class suburban neighborhood, they amazed the neighbors with their detailed and intricate Halloween decorating, winning the Block Watch decoration award the first three years! The last few years they have been a bit off their usual presentation, but Daniel and Nina were determined to get back on their top Halloween decorating game!

Nina took her run early in the afternoon and zig-zagged around the neighborhood to see who was decorating and how tough the competition for the award was. There were some good houses all fixed up! Competition was going to be tough! When Nina got home she found Daniel putting some finishing touches next to the sidewalk to the house... spider webbing, a lifelike caricature of Mr Wrench from Fargo dropping his arm with a hatchet as a clip of a rough voice coming from a speaker saying he will cut you into little pieces followed by a scream... He tested it on her and Nina jumped out of her skin even though she knew something was going to happen!

"Your reaction was perfect hunny" Daniel said. Nina slapped his arm and replied with a snarl, "Very funny mister. Now if you're done playing around, let's go get ready." before she walked through the decorations into the house to get into costume...

bGRJNB0.jpgAs the evening came. they were as ready as they were going to be, and despite what he said was a few work texts on his phone, Daniel and Nina were ready for their first trick-or-treaters...
gl-1448063-1634442304.jpeg

Splitting up was a stupid idea. Since when was Halloween a contest? Still, Meg had agreed to the rules and she and her friends had decided to see who could collect the most candy in an hour. This whole thing would be much more fun if they were trick-or-treating together, but it was what the group had wanted to do.

Meg rounded the corner and saw her first house. These people had gone all out! Spiderwebs, statues, and... was that an animatronic of that creepy guy from Fargo? Curious, Meg got closer. Suddenly, the figure came to life. It uttered something in a distorted voice she didn't quite make out, but the arm with the hatchet moved and it released a blood-curdling scream, forcing Meg to let out an involuntary yelp and step back. It took her a moment to recover. The work that had gone into that was quite impressive!

After regaining her composure, she made her way up the steps. She swung her baseball bat over her shoulder and approached the front door. She cleared her throat and attempted her best Brooklyn accent when the door opened.

"Trick-or-treat," She said hoping to sound as much like Harley Quinn as she could manage. Then she blew the biggest bubble she could manage with her chewing gum.
Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia) Topic Starter

"Hey our first knock! I'll get it!" Nina said as she bounded toward the door.
"Guess my hatchet throwing guy didn't scare them away. Don't give out those mini-Skittle packs..." Daniel said as he followed Nina to the door.
"You... are just a big child!" Nina quipped before pulling open the door.

'Trick-or-treat' said the lone girl on the doorstep, working her gum. "Oh! Hey! Ain't you a cute one!" Nina said with a grin! "Love the hair! I should do something like that with mine! Harley, right?"

It was then Daniel tossed a handfull of small black rubber spiders out the door over Nina and the trick or treater...

JVaYuli.jpg
Trick-or-treat' said the lone girl on the doorstep, working her gum. "Oh! Hey! Ain't you a cute one!" Nina said with a grin! "Love the hair! I should do something like that with mine! Harley, right?"

"Chaamed," Meg replied trying to stay in character. "You maya seen me on the news last week. They didda story on me regardin' a bat problem..."

It was then Daniel tossed a handfull of small black rubber spiders out the door over Nina and the trick or treater...

The small, black rubbery objects flew over the woman's head and rained down on Meg. Caught off guard, she cringed and let out a small squeal breaking character momentarily.

Nina jumped at the spiders as well and she turned around and slapped Daniel. “Offer up some candy you stooge! She is wonderful!”

Nina turned back and smiled at Harley and said, “if you run into the Joker, no need to send him her. I have one of my own.”
Daniel Phelps (played by Dawnia) Topic Starter

“Ok ok… geez… just having fun…” Daniel said as he grabbed his bowl of assorted mini-candy packs sans Skittles.

There were Babe Ruth, Butterfinger, Reese’s pieces, Twixt, M&M’s both plain and peanut, and and of course the chocolate range of Hershey’s milk and dark, and Mr Goodbar.

“Grab a handful ..” Daniel said as he looked down to the street. “We got plenty… Good N Plenty!” Nina rolled her eyes as Daniel grinned big.
Nina jumped at the spiders as well and she turned around and slapped Daniel. “Offer up some candy you stooge! She is wonderful!”

Nina turned back and smiled at Harley and said, “if you run into the Joker, no need to send him her. I have one of my own.”

"I'll let Mista J know," she replied.

“Ok ok… geez… just having fun…” Daniel said as he grabbed his bowl of assorted mini-candy packs sans Skittles.

There were Babe Ruth, Butterfinger, Reese’s pieces, Twixt, M&M’s both plain and peanut, and of course the chocolate range of Hershey’s milk and dark, and Mr Goodbar.

“Grab a handful ..” Daniel said as he looked down to the street. “We got plenty… Good N Plenty!” Nina rolled her eyes as Daniel grinned big.

"Thanks! I promised muh puddin' I would get him some loot," Meg replied taking a few pieces of candy. "Lovely place ya got here! Just watch out for bats!"

Meg waved, and with baseball bat on her shoulder and loot bag in hand, turned to leave wondering if this house had any other surprises to scare her on the way out.
Eliane (played by SavannahSmiles)

Eliane stared up at the house in awe as she approached. She had been to quite a few places at this point, but each new destination always excited her from how different it was than the last. The owners of this house didn't hold back in their decorating and Eliane spent a few moments admiring the decorations scattered across the lawn. As she was coming up the sidewalk, the sudden movement of a decoration had her yelping as a scream erupted from the decorations voice box. Light flared around her hands for just a moment, her abilities activating from the momentary surge of adrenaline from the jump-scare. Inhaling a steady breath, she pushed forward and approached the house. A pair of black cat ears sat perched on top of her head and she had pinned a cats tail to the back of her shorts. It had taken her a few tries but she eventually managed to paint whiskers on her face that didn't look crooked. All in all, it was a very basic costume, but she thought she had done well for her very first time dressing up. Stepping up to the door, she gave a knock as she extended her plastic pumpkin. "Trick or treat!" She said with a bright smile.

Megan King wrote:
"Thanks! I promised muh puddin' I would get him some loot," Meg replied taking a few pieces of candy. "Lovely place ya got here! Just watch out for bats!"

Meg waved, and with baseball bat on her shoulder and loot bag in hand, turned to leave wondering if this house had any other surprises to scare her on the way out.

“Bats… love it!” Nina said as she gave the blonde a wave before she stepped back in the house with Daniel.

“That was good costuming!” Daniel said as he set the bowl down before taking a pack of Skittles out of his coat pocket to eat. It wasn’t long before the sound lips went off again, and when the knock was heard, Daniel opened the door with a smile.
“Trick or treat” the kitty said.

Daniel turned his head to look back in the house and said, “Nina dahlink, someone let the cat out!” before turning back to the kitty at the door. “Aren’t you a cute kitty!” he quipped as he reached over for the candy bowl. “A sweet tooth kitty?

Eliane extended her plastic pumpkin further at the mention of sweets. "Yes please!" She chirped, nearly bouncing on her toes from excitement. "I like all your decorations, even if the one out in the yard nearly scared my whiskers off." She said with a small laugh, glowing eyes crinkled with happiness. So far all the people she's met have been so nice; Halloween was turning out to be better than she had expected.

“What? Cat? He’s asleep on a kitchen chair… “ Nina said as she came walking to the front door. “Oh!” She said when she saw the trick or treaters.

“You’re a tiny one! Are you still a kitten?” Nina asked as she took a hand full of the assorted candy and dropped them in the pumpkin bucket.

Nina Phelps wrote:
“What? Cat? He’s asleep on a kitchen chair… “ Nina said as she came walking to the front door. “Oh!” She said when she saw the trick or treaters.

“You’re a tiny one! Are you still a kitten?” Nina asked as she took a hand full of the assorted candy and dropped them in the pumpkin bucket.

Eliane's eyes sparkled as she happily accepted the candy, giving a bright grin to the couple. "I'm not a kitten, even if I am small! Thank you for the candy, I hope you have a good Halloween!" She said as she stepped aside for someone else to approach the door. She headed back down the sidewalk, being careful to avoid the jump-scare from before as she headed into the night, excited to see what house she'll find next.

"You have a good night! Nina said as she watched the kitty walk away.

Daniel flipped a switch that turned on a black-light that illuminated a host of luminescent spiderwebbing on the bushes by the street and called out, "Watch out for animal control!"

TheCreator7 wrote:
Aisling walked up to the next house and tried her luck there. Her suitcases were faithfully following her.
She took a deep breath as she rang the doorbell. She waited patiently for the people to come to the door.

~Would these people have need of a maid? She would work for room and board even. Perhaps with a tiny amount of money so that she could buy a vehicle again. Maybe she should start looking at restaurant work. That might be an option.~ she thought to herself.

Nina thought she heard someone outside, the. The doorbell rang. “Dammit Daniel, you shut the door on someone!” she snarled at him before she opened the door…

(sorry… didn’t see you post there)
Sascha (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

Sascha had always loved Halloween, for as long as she could remember. But she loved it even more now, after, well, The Accident™. She was self-conscious about the way she looked, but Halloween was an excuse to hide her appearance without it being a problem. On this particular day, Sascha was wearing an assortment of items she had purchased from the dollar store, as well as a fuzzy cat onesy that was technically meant to be pajamas. The cat hood was pulled up, and a sugar skull mask covered the entirety of her face, though she could (mostly) see just fine while wearing it. On her back were sparkly wings like those of a fairy or butterfly, and she wore pointed shoes like those of a jester, and gloves that were simply an obnoxiously bright shade of pink. All in all, the costume didn't resemble anything in particular, but in Sascha's opinion, that was what made it fun.
She had visited a few houses with moderate success. Most people gave her the 'what are YOU supposed to be' treatment, but at least she got some decent candy. Now, as she continued walking, she spotted a house with an impressive array of decorations. Intrigued, the girl skipped over to the door, letting out a frightened yelp as the animatronic decoration screamed and swung its hatchet. Startled into dropping her candy bag, she quickly scrambled to pick it up. "Meant to do that..." She muttered to herself, walking to the door and knocking with enthusiasm.

Nina spun around when she heard the knock, and she soon opened the door, not having gotten very far from it after the last visitor. She smiled when a radical mix of various costumes came to the door

“Awww… you have wings! Yay!” Nina said with a smile as she reached for the bucket of candy that seemed to have dwindled as she just noted all the Skittles were gone…
Sascha (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

Sascha smiled wide behind her mask. She held out her candy bag, which was simple brown paper with a slightly crooked smiley-ghost drawn on it using a purple marker. "Trick-or-Treat!" She said, bouncing a little so that her wings fluttered and caught the light.

“Too cool! Nina said as she took a hand full of candy and bent over to drop them in the cute bag.

“Ahhh!” Nina yelped as she stood straight up “Daniel, you fink!” She said as she jumped to get the wigglyworm out of her costume dress…

“Ha ha! Gotcha! And do you know what this trick or treaters gets? This full size Big Hunk bar!” Daniel said as he stepped around his wife to drop it in the bag…

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: The Phelps Residence (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus