Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: The Phelps Residence (Closed)

Daniel Phelps (played by Dawnia) Topic Starter

“Ha ha! Gotcha! And do you know what this trick or treaters gets? This full size Big Hunk bar!” Daniel said as he stepped around his wife to drop it in the bag…
Sascha (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

"Um... Thanks?" Sascha was a bit surprised by this, especially given the antics of these two people. Still, she definitely appreciated the candy.
Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia) Topic Starter

“Geez Daniel… hey, your hatchet man is hatching automatically…” Nina said as she pointed to the arm going up and down. She looked back at the trickrtreatr and smiled. “You are quite creative with your costume! “

"Thanks!" She replied cheerfully. "I think it's fun to just kinda throw a bunch of different things together and see how they turn out!"

“Well I think you did a good job with it. Very creative!” Nina said with a smile.

"Thank you!" Sascha said again. "Your decorations are really cool, by the way! But I should probably not overstay my welcome, so I'll get going now." She added, turning to leave. "Have a happy Halloween!"

“Happy Halloween to you too!” Nina said as she waved before turning to go back in the house.
Daniel Phelps (played by Dawnia) Topic Starter

Daniel played with some light switches and a rumble of thunder sounded from the speaker as a strobe light went off several times.…
"It's ok. It often happens for some reason. I was wondering if you needed a maid or not. I'll work for just food and a bed to sleep on. I lost my last position because the lady of the house died of old age." Aisling spoke as a small paw poked out of a hole and was reaching for something." she spoke hopefully.

Nina pouted as she listened to the story, then said, “I’m afraid we can’t afford a maid as I’m out of work so have been doing all the domestic chores. However, if you need a room to stay in for a few days we can help with that.”

(for some reason thecreator7 your posts are appearing as OOC)
Halloween was a great opportunity to case houses. Folks had their guards down, welcoming strangers at their door steps. It was easy enough to peer through windows or around homeowners handing out candy to get a peak at what treats were tucked inside the house. Hell, sometimes if she was lucky, there was a Halloween party going on that she could simply wander into. And even regardless of all else, there was always free candy. Free crap was something Rowen couldn’t turn down.

Wearing a pirate hat, plastic hook hand and an eyepatch, along with a plain black hoodie and blue jeans, she stumbled from home to home; collecting candy in her pillowcase and making mental notes. From time to time, she produced a flask from the pillowcase to take quick swigs from.

Once she reached the Phelps residence, her loot was getting pretty hefty - even though she’d been eating plenty along the way, leaving wrappers to drift in the wind behind her. She stepped off the sidewalk and began walking through the yard of tombstones and zombie guys, purposely avoiding some animatronic dude wildly wielding a hatchet. Wisps of fake comb webs she may have trampled through stuck to one of her boots.

She hopped up the porch behind someone toting suitcases, her one eye peering over what looked like a couple at the door, then the fellow door-knocker.

“Hey! I didn’t know that was allowed,” Rowen hollered, thrusting her hook in the direction of the suitcases. “I would’a upgraded my sad sack like forever ago!” She shook the pillowcase in her other fist, a playful smirk on her lips.

Nina let the maid applicant go and think about it as she saw a pirate walking up. “Arrrrgh…” Nina frowned her best pirate voice. “Are he ‘ere to sack me House?”
Sadly Aisling spoke
"That is ok. I am sure that I will find some where to sleep. Perhaps up on the hill. I hope you find work soon."

Aisling walked on towards the hill to see what she could find out there. Perhaps she will find a place to rest on the way.

((Did it come over as OOC again?))
Rowen eyed the maid as she made her way back off the property, before turning her attention to Nina. A wicked smirk curled her mouth and she lifted her hook hand.

“Aye! I’m ‘ere f’er y’er booty, Missy!” She crowed, and held out her pillowcase.
Aria Zauviir (played by Kim)

A small child comes down the street, almost hidden at the center of a flock of adults. Is it just a big group of friends out to take the one adult-with-child out for fun, or...? They seem awfully quiet, and keep an eagle-eyed watch all around themselves, more like security guards than a group of friends... It can be very stressful when the children of the elite wanted to get in on the Halloween fun.

The large group stops at the edge of the yard, and from the midst of them emerges an almost impossibly delicate little girl. Her hair is so pale white it almost glows under the moon light, and her skin is such a dark grey it is almost black as onyx. She is dressed as a duck, a yellow hoodie with an orange beak pulled over her head. She shuffles up to the door, casting one nervous glance back at her posse of adults, then scoots up next to Rowen and holds out her own candy bag. "Trick or treat!" she murmurs softly, looking hopeful.
Kim Site Admin

TheCreator7 wrote:
Sadly Aisling spoke
"That is ok. I am sure that I will find some where to sleep. Perhaps up on the hill. I hope you find work soon."

Aisling walked on towards the hill to see what she could find out there. Perhaps she will find a place to rest on the way.

((Did it come over as OOC again?))

((It's always going to show as OOC when you post from a user account rather than a character account.))

Nina didn’t want to have all this sugar left over in the house so she peered into the parade sack and tipped the bowl letting a bunch of the candy slide into it. “You’ve taken me for what I’m worth matey…” Nina growled, tapering it off as she saw the little girl approach.

“Awww… look at you! You’re so cute!” Nina said with a grin. Daniel let the strobe go off and the thunder rumbled from the speaker again, causing Nina to jump. She almost swore at Daniel but didn’t want little ears to hear, so she dumped the few remaining pieces in the bowling to the little girl’s bag…
Rowen happily took her candy loot, but quipped, “doesn’t look like all y’er goods,” and used her hook hand to lift her patch quickly, to give Nina an obvious once over and a sly wink, before dropping it again.

“Shiver me timber’s!” She laughed, much funnier to herself than anyone else. Then she turned to leave when she saw a pale haired kid approach the door at her side. As the false thunder rolled, she made an exaggerated, villainous expression and shouted, “arg! Watch it Ye or I might plunder y’er sweets!”

After that she promptly side stepped and continued back down through the lawn towards the sidewalk. She paused once she’d neared the group of random adults, who she wolf whistled at - not at anyone in particularly.

“Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.” She sang loudly, as she headed off into the night. “Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate’s life for me!”
Aria Zauviir (played by Kim)

The little girl briefly shrinks back at the rolling thunder and flashing strobe, looking faintly uncertain. The entourage of adults waiting on the sidewalk scowl, but continue watching from their initial position.

"Nuh uh, you'll never get my candy!" she replies defiantly to Rowen, scrunching up her nose and squinting her eyes in little-girl fierceness. But at that -- more candy is deposited into her bag, and she is distracted again, peering down into the bag to try and figure out what she got from this stop. There's a bit of a pause, and then she remembers herself, raising her eyes to the tension-riddled couple. "Thank you!"

"Well, you're most welcome Sweetie!" Nina said as she straightened up to make sure the pirate didn't steal any of their decorations. She waved at the group of parents and then looked back to the door wondering where Daniel ran off to.

Before the little girl could leave, Nina asked " Would you like a few treats for your adults waiting for you?" She leaned forth slightly, though once she was done she was going to go in and change into her other costume she wanted to do. She only agreed to do this costume because Daniel wanted to 'match', but now she had to go find him so he can tend to the door while she changed.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: The Phelps Residence (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus