Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

That flash of silver. THAT FLASH OF SILVER.

Seeing as T wasn't really the convincing type, she charged for where she saw the silvery gleam, and absolutely POUNCED. Both arm sets outstretched, she went for it, even if she couldn't see the silver much. She's gonna end up getting trampled to semi-death by giant walruses.......... but she doesn't care. The only thing on her mind right now is that mission. She's rather determined.
Sterling (played by silvercinder)

"Heh, you could say that. New to this particular flavor of entertainment at least." Sterling lets out a chuckle in response to Nexus, eyeing the demon with a deceptively lazy looking grin.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

A group of walruses flop their way up to the base of the bluffs, looking up at where the Merchant stands at the top. They seem interested, but again, not really up on the English speaking. The Walrus that T Mori jumps on bellow and attempts to roll and crush her. Is he wearing a locket? NO, he has pierced ears, with beautiful little drop earrings! Oooh, that Duchess is a tricky one.
Nexus Miravi (played by xedite)

"You get used to it. I'm more the gladiator type of gal myself. Give me a good fist fight and you're won yourself a royal dinner with me." She tapped the staff boredly. "So what brings a odd little man like yourself to a gala, especially at a time like this?"
Ollie (played anonymously)

Ollie abruptly ceases his bork borking and instead plonks his butt down next to the Merchant, staring up at him with big, dopey eyes. He offers a paw, checking to see if doing a trick like "shake" will get him any of that tuna.
"ACK!" She cried out, jumping off of the walrus and making sure NOT to get crushed to death. That would be a terrible way to go out.

"Pierced ears?! EMO WALRUS??" Ah, yes. Emo Walrus. Do they listen to MCR?

She frantically looked around again, her smile having dropped for a split second before returning. WHERE'S?! THAT?! LOCKET?!
he looked up at the sky and sighed. he then said as he said. " Ollie, are you still here? I think I have some more beef jerky" he called out before taking some beef jerky from his bag.
Flightless Byrd (played anonymously)

Ah, well. Who needs a partner to dance? Byrd didn't seem to think she did, feet tapping absently before beginning to step, her whole body following in the motions. There was something almost bird-like about her movements, which probably wasn't surprising considering her chosen pseudonym.
Ollie (played anonymously)

Ollie heard his name being called, and looked back and forth frantically between pan and the merchant. Tuna over here, beef jerky over there... He looks as if his very soul is being torn in two by this decision. He whimpers softly, waving his paw at the merchant.
Sterling (played by silvercinder)

(( Villain character here too hah.)
The Merchant (played by FishyFrisk)

He’s almost offended when he’s no longer the center of their attention. “Guess it could use a can opener.”

All the flopping is incredibly disconcerting—with one fellow guest apparently being rolled into a pancake. He could try for a can opener, or fish again, but there had to be food at the party somewhere?

Having been dismounted, the walrus flops away, bellowing angrily. But wait, another walrus with a flash of silver coming from it..?
Wander (played anonymously)

Wander sits down, I hate being this short
another flash, another flash!

It was almost like she was in a legend of zelda speedrun with all this diving and rolling she was doing. She jumped at the next silver flash she saw like a cat to a laser pointer. Exactly like a cat to a laser pointer. She let out a cackle as she did so.

"I'VE GOT YOU! THAT LOCKET'S MINE, YOU NON-PURPLE FIIEENND!" You're in the presence of so many people, T... then again, public impressions were never her biggest concern. Ever.

As a reminder, the event is just outside of a grand manor, on a bluff overlooking the Bay of Ice. The yard has been set up with cloth tents and tables piled high with food, and there is a temporary wooden dance floor set up in the center of the area. The walruses are on the beach below. To get to them, a person would have to climb down the bluffs. Just to reset the setting into all of our minds, since it's been.... 9 and a half hours since I originally wrote about it... ;)
A Humble Fiddler (played by Zelphyr)

When he noticed that someone had decided to dance, there was a little smile under the fiddler's mask. Everyone else might be otherwise occupied, but Byrd might find she didn't necessarily feel alone as she danced. There was a subtle shift in how the fiddler played that could make it seem almost as if the music itself was dancing with her.

After all, why not?
Wander (played anonymously)

(MK)

Yes indeed, the Duchess must have a wicked sense of humor, because this walrus is not wearing locket. It's not wearing earrings. It's wearing a pair of metal bracers on its flippers. And as T Mori grabs at them, they suddenly begin unfolding into a physically improbable amount of paneling, rapidly forming themselves into... a mech suit. A walrus in a mech suit.

walrus-image.png => walrus-mech-image.png

Then again, maybe this one isn't the Duchess playing a joke, because even the Duchess looks quite surprised. "What..?" she breathes.
T stops.

What is this.

"GWAH- WHAT THE &%$# IS THAT?!" She jumped back, intensely startled. She glanced over at the Duchess, a look of confusion plastering over her sheer ambition. "IS THIS A JOKE?!! WHY IS THERE A MECH WALRUS DOWN HERE?!"

"WHO GAVE THIS WALRUS A DARN MECH SUIT?!"
Elliot Scratchclaw (played by Riik)

"I gotta get me one of those..." Elliot commented. "I wonder if it can be programmed to do name music... a mechanical suit that plays name music... that would be the dream."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus