Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

A woman seemed to step from the shadows as the well dressed man bid his farewell. She nodded to him, expression almost stoic. It almost looked as if she couldn’t shake the bearings of a soldier. Her clothing was all as black as the long mask which covered her nose. A two piece earring was linked by jewelry chain from the upper to the lower part of her ear.

The woman looked human to those who didn’t recognize her jewelry. Of course the mask hid the prominent ridges on the humanoid’s nose. She tried to sneakily take a cup of punch without being seen, watching the mechanical beings with their tricks and abilities. Although she felt a little anxious, it did feel good to get away from her work. This was definitely an interesting station to spend shore leave before her transfer assignment.

She approached the punch bowl and prepared to try serving herself quietly.
"Ha!" Kolt half-shouted, looking around in amazement as the lights around the venue began to increase, the slight charge of electricity to the air causing his hair to stand on end. The glow seemed almost warm--nothing like the cool lights they had back home. "That's incredible!"

As Gabriella took notice of the energy pulse, he instinctively took hold of Cryostryker and pulled it back down. "Sorry, Ma'am, we were only--Oooh, is that punch?" he asked, taking notice of the new non-alcoholic bowl behind her. Without exactly... stopping to ask for permission, he took one of the glasses beside the bowl, taking a scoop for himself and raising it to his lips.

It was sweet instead of spicy like in Aedard, and he liked the way it tingled on his tongue. But he imagined it would taste even better chilled. He lifted the hand that held Cryostriker, shooting a tiny ice crystal from the tip. It then made a small explosion inside the glass, freezing the punch to a slushie-like consistency.

"Oh, right--I forgot again!" he exclaimed, returning to a spot somewhere between Leroy and Gabriella. "Might I ask both your names?"
Maverick (played anonymously)

Maverick gave Zeno a charming smile, and tipped his black cowboy hat at the gesture, taking the glass from him. "It's mighty fine with me. This ain't my usual fare, but I'm happy to help a fella out."

It seemed the newcomer was quite comfortable with large, inhuman creatures and their unique needs, but his accent placed him far from here. Somewhere from Earth perhaps?

"Seems I arrived at the right time. Name's Maverick. Yours?"
The mech stood tall and proudly said to Kolt, "Leroy Valentine is the name I've chosen for myself. You may call me either of them."
Marcus Winters (played by Thatnerdychick)

With much haste mister Marcus entered the room at speed. He had been late due to having to sort out a contract payment. being the financially minded fellow he was. he merely elected to wear his power armor, helmet included to the party rather than buy a fancy mask. red lenses staring out across the expanse., "I'm not too late am i?" he would state, his voice filtered through a semi static laced speaker. he had needed a break and if he had missed out because a certain client had a not so bright idea he'd be upset
Gabriela Estrella (played anonymously) Topic Starter

It seemed Gabriela was managing to clean all the excess punch off herself just in time for a flood of new arrivals. She smiles around, beckoning for them all to approach the buffet table instead of hanging around in the entryway. "Welcome, welcome! No, you're not too late at all, in fact we're still just getting warmed up. I'm Gabriela Estrella, pumped you could join us here on Radiance."
Zeno (played by GingerHades)

Zeno seemed awfully touched that the human happily took the glass. It wasn't often he encountered humans that weren't entirely scared of him.
Needless to say, the biomechanical beast was starting to feel a tad more welcome.

"Wonderful to meet you, Maverick," He chuffed. "Please, call me Zeno."
Yll'r hovered toward the entrance, floating upside-down above the newest newcomer. "You missed the toast that wasn't actually toast," Yll'r explained. "But that is alright. I suspect you would have been just as confused as I was."

The droid carrying Yll'r's punch bowl rolls quietly after Yll'r, apparently unaware of how out of place it looked just brandishing a bowl of fruit juice. ;)
Cinder (played by Alien_Princess)

Noting to themselves that Gabriela had seemed to host this party, Cinder suddenly wondered why there seemed to be a distinct lack of music. It was a must at any party, as well as party....enhancers, but that wasn't something they were about to suggest on a foreign station. They slowly danced over into her direction, again making two beat steps while fluidly moving their arms, slowing them in tandem with their steps until they reached near to their target. They turned quickly in an almost jump around to look at her, and reached their right arm out in an attempt to place it near her hip, as she was quite a bit taller than Cinder was.

"Does your race know of music? This is something all gatherings of any kind should have," they said with an excitable smile.

"pleased to make your acquaintances. you make call me Mr. winters, or just winters." He would state as he made his way to the buffet table. the servos in his powered armor whirring with each step and clicking with each swing of his arms as artificial muscle bundles tightened. He would pick out a few simple items, little bit of meat, little bit of fruit and veggies, then shield his face as his helmet opened and eat before re-sealing the helmet with a hiss and a click.

may not make**
Yll'y continued floating upside-down as though orientation didn't matter, this time meandering in the direction of Gabriela, almost seemingly queueing up politely behind Cinder as though they had a request or enquiry of their own but were too polite to cut in line. "Hello Winters, I am Yll'r," they declared as they parted ways with the newcomer.

"Oh yes, we know of music... Does your race have sounds you would like to share with us? I can give you access to the station sound system for this level."
Jadi took a cup and moved to the side. She overheard the large mech stating his name and it surprised her. She had only ever worked on machines. She’d never had a conversation with one except for a ship’s computer. It piqued her curiosity and even made her lips turn slightly upwards almost into a smile.

She sipped the beverage and raised the glass to examine it. It was pretty sweet, almost how she expected, but different. A woman spoke welcoming her and an armor clad male.

Jadi moved towards her. “Quite the party”, she told Gabriela and Mr. Winters. “I hear its an annual event.. My first time at a thing like this.”

"I apologize for my lack of.. polite society attire. Work related matters kept me longer than I thought. Thus my... well i hesitate to call this attire." he said, trying to lighten the mood as he blinked, hidden by the helmet a few times, sending various readouts he usually left on away into closed tabs. atmosphere composition, temperature, motion sensors, energy sensors, transmission sensors and so on. a comprehensive suite of data that he just did not neat right now.
Cinder (played by Alien_Princess)

"Music....is good for the spirit," Cinder said with an attempted emphatic tone, though stifled by their attempt to remain professional with an alien leader. "My music, your music, it makes little difference so long as the spirit accepts it." Cinder reached down towards their right leg, reaching into their webbed skirting and pulling a small device out, then offering it to Gabriela fully. "Here is the music of my people. I am willing to share it if you want," Cinder said with an incredibly excited smile.
The bajoran woman turned to Mr. Winters, clad in his armor. “Nah don’t apologize.” She stood near him and Gabriela, listening to the other woman converse about another’s music. “The rules are to wear a mask… You have a mask.” She laughed a little at her own joke.

The truth was that she was excited to hear unique alien music.
"Oh, right... serial LQ---something?" he said, furrowing his brow in thought. "Yeah, I think I'll stick with Leroy. I might actually remember that." He said, a small laugh at his own joke, taking another sip of his punch. "Could I call ya L-V?"

With that, he drained the rest of his punch in one gulp, which quickly was revealed to be a mistake. "Ack, brain freeze!" he said, his face crinkling up in a rather amusing manner. Cryostriker gave him a little whistle, as if to say 'I told you so'.

"Aha, might have to go for something hot after that," he said, his gaze clearly on the buffet table. "I think I'm gonna head over there--been super sweet meeting you. Hope to see you later!"

Looking back to wave at Leroy, he started toward the table, not watching where where he was going and nearly bumping into Jadi--a serious looking woman dressed in all black. "Err, sorry, Miss--" he apologized. "I've got to pay more attention to where I'm going." he said, with a short laugh. Cryostryker, having gone back to hovering at his shoulder, gave her it's own little kind of whistled apology, in a sharp tone as if annoyed at it's master.
Zeno (played by GingerHades)

"Music is quite interesting," Zeno rejoined the other party-goers. "Humans can create just about anything, can't they?"

Zeno would know. He, too, was a creation.

"I've always wondered how it's made. Would love to learn more someday."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus